I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have consistently been able to get great value from the FNC. In September I used it to stay at the Bank Hotel in Stockholm, cash rate would've been around $400.00 and because it was a SLH I received free breakfast.

My saga with the missing points + FNC for my personal HH card continue. Today marked 8 wks since meeting the MSR; I was told I could file a case today. When I called the CSR verified that I met the spend, then took 5 mins to check the T&Cs to make sure that a foreign purchase would qualify, then told me that I had to wait until December 1st to file a case. She said it would take 7-10 days to receive the points and FNC once the case is filed. What a PITA since I wanted to use dd's and mine together and she received hers at the end of August.

Gosh awful service continues from the STRAF in Milan. I didn't receive the night in my account and need a copy of the invoice to file a case for the missing night. Except I didn't get an invoice; I contacted the hotel asking for it and they said that since the stay is over and it was on points I need to contact Bonblah for the invoice, which is incorrect. Plus I had breakfast and city taxes due (which they said they would waive). So I contacted Bonblah who of course said they cannot access the computer system for the hotel and need an invoice to credit the night stay. I had to file a case with Bonblah to get a copy of the invoice (which the hotel clearly can't provide for some reason) and another for the missing night, which probably won't credit without said invoice (I need the night to count toward maintaining platinum status). PSA to anyone heading to Milan: don't stay at the STRAF, not only is the room design dark and ugly, the rooms are incredibly noisy and the staff are universally awful.

Contrast that to the RC Maldives. The night on points didn't show on my account, so I contacted the hotel. Within 5 hours I had a copy of the invoice e-mailed to me.
How frustrating with both Hilton and the Milan hotel. I guess the terms do actually say 8-12 weeks and so if today marks 8 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if when you call back on December 1, they tell you to wait until Dec 8. I've not had a case reviewed in 7-10 days, but perhaps because yours is very straight forward, that will be the case. Fingers crossed.

HUCA option on the STRAF or try emailing again? Seems the invoice from the hotel really might be the quickest option to crediting your night stay.

Today I did a bunch of maintenance on my spreadsheet, used some credits, canceled some cards, etc. I know some people think this hobby is easy or that points are "free" but when you're basically doing accounting and chasing down points and invoices, we all know it's anything but simple. But so rewarding!!

I went to WF for an appointment to open a savings account. Offer was open and keep $25k for 3 months and get $525. The appointment was so painful. She tried to talk me into another offer which would get me a higher interest rate for a year but no bonus (rate was around what C1 pays). She tried to convert my checking account to premier. It just went on and on. She did tell me one important thing though which is because none of my accounts are joint, if I were to die, everrything will go into probate in Virginia so I need to make sure I have benificiaries on my bank accounts.

Real quick.....did anyone get the credit from Amex Biz Gold and Staples? I did OD last month and it credited right away. I did Staples this month and no credit yet. I'm asking because I need to cancel the card. UGH

Real quick.....did anyone get the credit from Amex Biz Gold and Staples? I did OD last month and it credited right away. I did Staples this month and no credit yet. I'm asking because I need to cancel the card. UGH

Did your Staples charge post? Last month, the one that posted credited pretty fast. The problem was the ones that dropped off and never posted.

Can't recall if anyone is headed to Iceland soon? Looks like there have been thousands of earthquakes in the past few days, as well as 3inches!!! of ground uplift in the last 10 days, caused by magma beneath the surface. Seems a volcanic eruption is very likely. Sounds like this is very near the Blue Lagoon and while transport companies have suspended transportation there, the Blue Lagoon has remained open. Here's an email I received from Iceland with a View today:

"For those of you who aren't aware...there is a volcanic fault line located on the Reykjanes peninsula, between Keflavík International Airport and Reykjavík.

The main concern now is THE BLUE LAGOON and the nearby power plant that provides hot water and heating for 21,000 households in the area.

There's also a village of about 4,000 people nearby called Grindavík who now have an evacuation plan due to the anticipated eruption location.

THE PROBLEM IS: The Blue Lagoon is not informing their visitors that these earthquakes could lead to an eruption in which molten lava could reach the lagoon within MINUTES.

In fact, the bus companies have suspended transport to the Blue Lagoon, but they CONTINUE to remain open.

WHY?! This is absurd. I mean I can't tell you what to do, but if it were me I would NOT be going to the Blue Lagoon until the earthquakes are done and or the area has been declared safe.

So far the land nearby has risen 7 cm and there's a lava chamber 6 million cubic meters - this volcano looks to be more destructive than the previous three."

Speaking of those great Hilton SUBs from this summer. We are surprising our girls with a weekend getaway to Disney World to attend Christmas party.
SW to MCO 19,932 + 2 CP + $11.20 (Used Amex Plat for 2 CP 911 Fee)
2 FNC at Waldorf Astoria Orlando
MCO to Home $0 + 2 CP = used Amex Plat credit
MVMCP Ticket $805.16 - 180 in GC Savings = $625.16
We will probably spend $400 on Food and maybe $50 on Ubers (have 2 50% off Amex Offers).

Total about $1,075 which is still a lot of money, but so excited to surprise them.

I'm getting ready to give up on buying USB VGCs due to repeated fraudulent activity issues with them. I'm waiting for a dispute form to arrive in the mail to dispute charges that were made over 1500 miles away from where I was (after I had already changed the PIN and registered the card to my address). I buy these to MS, but even just using them to shift payments is not working well. PSA - don't buy unless you're willing to deal with lots of potential frustration.

I'm getting ready to give up on buying USB VGCs due to repeated fraudulent activity issues with them. I'm waiting for a dispute form to arrive in the mail to dispute charges that were made over 1500 miles away from where I was (after I had already changed the PIN and registered the card to my address). I buy these to MS, but even just using them to shift payments is not working well. PSA - don't buy unless you're willing to deal with lots of potential frustration.

Are these the ones from staples?

I absolutely feel your pain. I have a strong love/hate relationship with USBs. They are the absolute easiest for me to buy, and the most problematic to use. I’m now seeing a lot of DPs coming in on Reddit/FT about USBs getting declined at the usual spots. Until I start seeing some positive news, I’ll be staying away. I’m sorry for all the hassle you’re going through. I’ve been there.

No, they're from my local Kroger store. The ones from the local Albertson's don't work for MS so I've been buying the USB from Kroger. I've driven around to three different Staples and they never have the $200 vgc when the promo is running. I've had good luck with Office Depot most of the time.
Ugh…what a pain I don’t have those supermarkets where I live just staples and so far they have plenty of $200 cards so consider myself lucky

Last edited:
Five quotes on my HVAC replacement. Pretty much every one has a different solution. Of course the one I'm leaning toward is the only one that charges a fee to use a credit card.

I really feel for you. Between your bathroom, lawn, HVAC, etc in the past yearish, you've probably invested 100k? You're always so positive. I would be losing my stuff right now.

I really feel for you. Between your bathroom, lawn, HVAC, etc in the past yearish, you've probably invested 100k? You're always so positive. I would be losing my stuff right now.
I refuse to add it up! About a month before my dad got really sick this summer, he and my mom out of the blue called all four kids and told us they were giving each us a financial gift. They are 80 and knew they had more money than they would spend and wanted to see us enjoy some of it. That's what triggered me doing my yard (which has driven me insane for the last decade). And I now have grass and no pine trees. I didn't splurge (seeded instead of sod to save $8,000). But for the first time since my divorce over a decade ago, I don't really have day-to-day financial stress.

Attachments

• IMG_0093 (1).jpg
    IMG_0093 (1).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 47
Which ones are "USB"?

Speaking of GCs, does anyone know if the fee-free MCs from Staples work for getting MOs at Food Lion? When I've needed to do this I've always gotten VGCs and those work at all my local Food Lions plus a few Walmarts, but never tried the MCs.

Trying to meet an MSR on a Citi AA Biz card sooner than anticipated as I'm short some miles for a Japan booking coming up.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest