I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! Thanks for posting this. Sadly we were planning to use that $300 at the Copenhagen Marriott in August. At least this is something I can use now.

We also have the AppleTV+ from a recent Apple purchase and I had no idea those shows even existed. Thanks for the recommendations. The only series we watched on it was Snoopy in Space.

The Morning Show won some Golden Globes and has an amazing cast (Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carrel, Billy Crudup). Defending Jacob has Michelle Dockery, who I love, in addition to Chris Evans.

Thank you. I looked all over my Amex account and could not find anything. Even though many of these benefits start today they are not in the Benefits section of each card.

I temporarily have both regular Amex Plat and the Amex Schwab Plat. I think i will be able to double dip on streaming because we subscribe to a bunch, but we have only one wireless telephone account. Unless I can make separate OTPs for half the bill? Can't hurt to try. 😏

For the Dell credit, if I have the $100 off and the 10% off how much do I need to buy? I have $103 in the cart and I know they stack, but do I need to add a few dollars? We are usually way over the $100 amount so I have never had to worry about it. Thanks!

ETA: I found an article where Amex has clawed back the difference so I will just add a few more dollars to the order.

Yes, you don't want to have where AmEx paid you after a stack, they'll claw that back. Spend enough that you'll get to $0 at least. I think the number people were saying to make sure you're over was $111.

I knew the moment B6 announced it, it was only a matter of time before everyone else followed. I have no problem with it at all, seems like a common sense step to protect the crew and passengers alike. Around here obviously we have mandatory masks, it's only been for a little while but most people here were already wearing them anyway, and you get used to it. The only thing that sucks is being a glasses wearer, I start looking like an 80s anime villain with my glasses so fogged up! No matter what trick I try, I can't get them to stop.

I second @snugglebug. I don't Granny style them cuz then I can't see, but just nudging them down slightly gives enough room for air to pass between the glass and my face and not right on them. I found that worked from using a respirator while working on the house (no matter how tight I'd get those things always had a little fogging); seems it works with cloth/disposable masks too.

But you'll also want to look at the fit of the mask. I found a larger mask that sits higher on my nose seems to help. Lately what works is the top band of the mask is just under the nose pads, and I have the nose pads just slightly lower than where I usually wear them. I might fog up a bit while getting adjusted but after that I'm good for hours. Before with a slightly smaller mask it sat lower on my nose/cheeks and had more fogging episodes than now.

Whats the consensus on waiting time after lowering a credit limit before applying for a new card? Just lowered my SW Biz card by $7k to apply for a CIP since I have a large purchase coming up soon. Sent the SM last night around 11PM and it was lowered by morning. They seem to be getting faster on getting to SM's now.

My experience applying same day came back with a minimum CL.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3784063/post-61450835
I thought I heard maybe wait at least a day to work through the system fully.

Same thing happened to me. I have 2 payments still processing, and my future payments were all removed. DoC is reporting that there is an email going out saying that the processed payments won't be sent, either, unless you reply back to Plastiq telling them you're ok with a 2.5% fee. Bummer.

Ugh - really? Boo.

OK I am barely awake and skimming.. what is the problem with Plastiq? I have an auto pay for my HOA fees every month through them.

If I log into Plastiq and do "manage payments" (which I've never looked at before!!!) it actually shows a bunch of payments to various places in April, but before that, nothing since October 2019! But when I log into my HOA account my account is up to date.

I'm so sorry. This has been really hard for the young people who are just starting their lives. I feel so bad for your DD and the others out there. :( My DD was offered a good job (starting this summer) about 3-4 days before all this mess happened and they started a hiring freeze. No news on whether or not she will actually get that job now, even though she signed the agreement right away. It's a terrible time to graduate and start looking. :(

My son is in a similar situation, although for a summer job (that's a precursor to an offer of a full-time job after he finishes his degree--he's in the 2nd year of a 3 year grad program). The job was supposed to start next week but it's been pushed back to June--it would be a huge setback if it gets cancelled altogether.

From the document linked to this press release ... Amex Limited Time benefits

At the bottom of this press release there is a link to updated terms. The press release also states customers will be notified soon.

$250 HILTON RESORT STATEMENT CREDIT: EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2020 – AUGUST 31,
2020: From June 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020 (“Purchase Period”), purchases made at
restaurants located in the U.S. on your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card qualify toward
the total amount of statement credits you can receive as part of the $250 Hilton Resort Statement
Thank you so much for posting this! I was trying to figure out how we would use our remaining $300 worth of credits this year. This is awesome! Thank you!

OK I am barely awake and skimming.. what is the problem with Plastiq? I have an auto pay for my HOA fees every month through them.

If I log into Plastiq and do "manage payments" (which I've never looked at before!!!) it actually shows a bunch of payments to various places in April, but before that, nothing since October 2019! But when I log into my HOA account my account is up to date.

my guess is there was a glitch which gave many ppl $0 fee so they probably went back and purged everything to correct the glitch. id give it a couple days when the dust settles.

My son is in a similar situation, although for a summer job (that's a precursor to an offer of a full-time job after he finishes his degree--he's in the 2nd year of a 3 year grad program). The job was supposed to start next week but it's been pushed back to June--it would be a huge setback if it gets cancelled altogether.

June isn't so bad if it happens. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled outright. It's just tough out there right now. :(

There was a glitch this morning where you could make payments without paying a fee. They fixed the glitch, deleted all payments that were scheduled in the future with it, and are now removing the ones that had already processed with it. But, you're likely fine, since you didn't use the glitch to schedule the payment. I would double-check in a few days to make sure the payment is still there.

To further put your mind at ease, I scheduled a payment yesterday using regular methods (had some FFDs but there was a fee associated with the payment). I scheduled two more payments today using the 0% fee glitch. This afternoon, all three payments were "processing". Now, yesterday's payment is still "processing", and the two I did this morning with the 0% fee are both cancelled.

One general word of caution if you're using Plastiq for HOA fees or anything with a deadline- make sure you schedule the payment to arrive a couple weeks before the deadline. I once got an email from Plastiq "apologizing" for a 1 week delay in payment on two payments I sent out. They went to processing, then to sent, but were never actually mailed. I didn't find out about it until they fixed it. Many others here have similar stories. Plastiq does pay the late fees that you incur in that case, but it's not worth the headache!

My niece had a fabulous internship set up for thissummer. Now no one knows if it's still on, but it doesn't look good.

June isn't so bad if it happens. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled outright. It's just tough out there right now. :(

Agreed--he would be very, very happy for a June start. And he realizes that his situation is not as bad as people who are finishing this year (assuming things are better by this time next year, which of course we are all hoping for but no guarantees).

My niece had a fabulous internship set up for thissummer. Now no one knows if it's still on, but it doesn't look good.

It's terrible all of the things that college students are missing out on, like internships and study abroad, that are really once in a lifetime experiences. My kids are in work and school situations that are all various degrees of precarious but at least they are all out of college.

Agreed--he would be very, very happy for a June start. And he realizes that his situation is not as bad as people who are finishing this year (assuming things are better by this time next year, which of course we are all hoping for but no guarantees).

Good point. Mine graduated last summer, had her year-long overseas research fellowship cut short because of the virus, and is planning to apply for the next degree this summer (for a 2021 start) so she really needs a job this year. I just hope it all works out, for her, and for all these kids who have worked so hard but still have a tall mountain to climb.

I should be on an airplane right now, I settled for wearing my Tiki Minnie ears through the In-n-Out drive thru lol

Just checked and my stimulus is pending in my checking acct.
Are you one of us who was finally able to enter bank info? My bank never shows any deposits pending 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest