I just added the dining plan for one night during our stay.

So I finally got around to adding the plan to my one night stay, this Friday. It took a little while to make sure I got the same rate on my room as when I booked room only, she assured me it didn't change. But the total after adding the DDP was $2.80 more than what I had calculated with the room rate plus DDP for 2 people. Not a huge deal but am kinda curious, the new email receipt just has the total package price, not the broken down pricing. Didn't know if that was extra tax somewhere? In any case, glad to have been able to add it for one night at Movies, before switching to Sports and being able to use the mug the whole time.

So I saw this concept on the Liners app chat, and searched until I found this thread. Since the dining plan is only good for the check-in and check-out day, is that good for say, breakfast on check-in day even though you won't be in your room until late afternoon perhaps? I guess what I'm asking is, all day on both days the credits are available?

So I saw this concept on the Liners app chat, and searched until I found this thread. Since the dining plan is only good for the check-in and check-out day, is that good for say, breakfast on check-in day even though you won't be in your room until late afternoon perhaps? I guess what I'm asking is, all day on both days the credits are available?
Good for they day you check in and all day, the following day. If enough people catch on to doing this, Disney might place a minimum number of nights onto the practice.

The credits can be used on both the check-in and check-out day, but you'll have to be officially "checked-in" even if you're room isn't ready. You probably already know, but the credits are based on the number of NIGHTS you stay, so for my one night DDP we each get one QS, one sit down meal and 2 snacks which we plan on spreading over the 2 days. We also get the refillable mug which can be used for our entire stay.

The credits can be used on both the check-in and check-out day, but you'll have to be officially "checked-in" even if you're room isn't ready. You probably already know, but the credits are based on the number of NIGHTS you stay, so for my one night DDP we each get one QS, one sit down meal and 2 snacks which we plan on spreading over the 2 days. We also get the refillable mug which can be used for our entire stay.

Can you officially "check in " on the app and have the credits immediately on you magic band/

Also, can the dining plan be added to any room reservation without purchasing tickets or just full rack rate rooms? Thinking about the new Visa reduced rooms for early 2019.

Can you officially "check in " on the app and have the credits immediately on you magic band/

Yes. Set your "check in time" for 7am, regardless of what time you will be at your resort. Credits should be available when you arrive that way.

Also, can the dining plan be added to any room reservation without purchasing tickets or just full rack rate rooms? Thinking about the new Visa reduced rooms for early 2019.

The dining plan can be added to a "room only" reservation, as well as discounted rooms.

The only exception to this that I know of are certain "agency exclusive" and third party deals and some conference rates.

Basically, if your reservation is made through Disney, regardless of discount, you can add the DDP. You will have to call to add the DDP if you have a room only reservation, though.

You CAN add the plan to a room only reservation, even a discounted room. It has to be done at least 72 hrs before arrival. You have to call to do so; it CANNOT be done online. Ask for a "ticketless package." All package rules will apply.

Online check-in SHOULD make your credits available, but we all know how Disney IT can be.

You CAN add the plan to a room only reservation, even a discounted room. It has to be done at least 72 hrs before arrival. You have to call to do so; it CANNOT be done online. Ask for a "ticketless package." All package rules will apply.

Online check-in SHOULD make your credits available, but we all know how Disney IT can be.

Thanks!

Can the dining plan to added to discounted rooms from Orbitz or Travelocity?

What is the Liners app chat?

I had no idea about adding dining for one night.. got so excited. Till further in thread where it said this Only works if it’s a split stay. In my case it’s not. I think with the sit downs I have planned and quick serves I know we ll do, I need to revisit dining add on anyway.

the difference is that when you add a dining plan to a room only reservation, it's now no longer a room only reservation, it's a package (albeit a ticketless package). Your payment, cancellation and change regulations will be those for packages, not room only reservations. So you need to pay attention to the package deadlines, if you want to do something like cancel or change the reservation.

and no, it doesn't "only work on a split stay," it will still work if you are only staying one night total.

Orbitz is a reseller, so you wouldn't be buying the room directly from Disney, which you need to do if you're going to use a dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!