I guess I'm rope dropping IASW! ~ A March 2024 TR updated 04/20 x2!

I know that you will get some great discounts with your annual pass. :)

I can't wait to hear about your trip, especially your experience at CBR. I would think that location is everything at this resort. :)
Hi Sue!! Yes, I am totally looking forward to AP discounts. I totally fell in love with CBR. I think the only area I wouldn't care for is Trinidad although they do have the new Little Mermaid inspired rooms which look really nice.
I'm here and can't wait to follow along. :goodvibes Your intro pictures are just lovely! You can see how happy you are, especially in the Chip and Dale photo.
Hi Alicia!! Thanks for joining in. I had so much fun and have decided that I am always my happiest self at Disney. What could be better after all?

What a great start to your trip. I had that bread pudding on it last trip and totally agree with you.

I had requested Aruba on an upper floor near the Riviera Skyliner and received the exact opposite. My room assignment was Martinique building 25 on the ground floor. Initially I was disappointed but this turned out to be the perfect room. I was 5 minutes from either Primo Piatto or Centretown Market, a 10-12 minute walk to either Skyliner station and had a lovely quiet pool 3 minutes from my room. My room was spotless and I was really pleased with the storage.
Martinique seems like a great location. Isn't it close to Riveria? My sister stayed at CBR in December and had a room near the Skyliner. She said that the food options were very inconvenient. I don't think she plans to stay there again. But she loved her refurbished room. :)
We need this at Boulder Ridge!
The love the little coat rack shelf. :)
Unfortunately when we arrived at CBR and the security guard asked for ID, I dropped my license on the ground of the car and didn't even realize it until a few days later. Ugh!
That's scary!

Unfortunately when we arrived at CBR and the security guard asked for ID, I dropped my license on the ground of the car and didn't even realize it until a few days later. Ugh!
Oh no! I hope you got it back easily once you realized. I'm surprised they didn't contact you the same day if they found it!
Imagine my surprise as I walked out to see the fireworks from Epcot! I had no idea I would be ble to see them from the resort!
What a nice surprise!! That's an awesome view. This sounds like the perfect start to your trip!

Hello lovely friends old and new and welcome to this happy place!!
:wave:
IMG_5310.JPG
Great shot of you and your fave pals. :)
I snagged a room at CBR and ended up LOVING the resort.
Really! I've studiously avoided CBR as it just seems so... huge.
I had the best flight after a very easy time dealing with security and customs.
This is possible???
I never realized how far north the Blue Ridge mountain range extended. The rivers were incredible too as they wound in and out around the mountain ranges.
Sounds like you had some pretty cool/interesting views!
We landed in Orlando about 20 minutes ahead of schedule which is always great.
:thumbsup2
Luggage only took about 15 minutes
Not bad!
unfortunately when we arrived at CBR and the security guard asked for ID, I dropped my license on the ground of the car and didn't even realize it until a few days later. Ugh!
Oh, no! :eek:
I had requested Aruba on an upper floor near the Riviera Skyliner and received the exact opposite.
:(
I was 5 minutes from either Primo Piatto or Centretown Market, a 10-12 minute walk to either Skyliner station and had a lovely quiet pool 3 minutes from my room.
Glad it worked out so well after all. :)
We need this at Boulder Ridge!
Steal it. Problem solved.
Imagine my surprise as I walked out to see the fireworks from Epcot! I had no idea I would be ble to see them from the resort!
Yay!
I went for the Pineapple Coconut bread pudding
Nope!
t was full of shredded coconut,
:sick:

What a great start to your trip. I had that bread pudding on it last trip and totally agree with you.
:welcome:and thanks for joining in! That bread pudding was so, so good!!! It puts Ohana bread pudding to shame!
Martinique seems like a great location. Isn't it close to Riveria? My sister stayed at CBR in December and had a room near the Skyliner. She said that the food options were very inconvenient. I don't think she plans to stay there again. But she loved her refurbished room. :)
It was a fantastic location. Central to everything and easy to access all the amenities at the Riviera as well.
The love the little coat rack shelf. :)
Every room needs one of these.
That's scary!
I only realized it when I went to grab ID tp purchase my annual pass.
Following along! I'm a fellow Ontarian and we're planning to stay at CBR for our next trip.
:welcome:to a fellow Canadian! I'm in the northeastern GTA currently but grew up in PEI. CBR is a fabulous resort. The only section I would stay away from is Trindad as it is the furthest from the big pool and central areas. Other than that, it was really easy to get around.
Oh no! I hope you got it back easily once you realized. I'm surprised they didn't contact you the same day if they found it!
I had to have it replaced as I never heard back from my Lyft driver.
What a nice surprise!! That's an awesome view. This sounds like the perfect start to your trip!
It really couldn't have been better!
Great shot of you and your fave pals. :)
Thank you! I love my boys!
Really! I've studiously avoided CBR as it just seems so... huge.
It's not as big as you would think. Certainly you don't want to be down in the far reaches of Trinidad but if you are within 5 minutes of Carribbean Cay you're golden!
This is possible???
I have been blessed by the travel gods lately.
Sounds like you had some pretty cool/interesting views!
It was so interesting. I think I spent 90% of the flight just taking in the view below.
Glad it worked out so well after all. :)
It was an awesome location. Can't complain at all
Steal it. Problem solved.
I am sure I could have fit in my Owner's Locker if I had tried.
What about bread pudding without coconut? Yes or no?

What an excellent travel day! I’m sorry your room was not what you requested but I’m glad it turned out okay.

Cathy sounded like a gem - what a lovely CM! I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about that bread pudding - I’m so glad you tried it and that you loved it! A podcast/YouTube I follow also thought it was better than ‘Ohana. :goodvibes

100% yes!
Boma bread pudding with vanilla sauce…. :cloud9:
It’s amazing!!
Cathy sounded like a gem - what a lovely CM! I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about that bread pudding - I’m so glad you tried it and that you loved it! A podcast/YouTube I follow also thought it was better than ‘Ohana. :goodvibes
If you can squeeze in a visit to Banana Cabana, it would be well worth your time! ;)
popcorn:: that cake looked so good!
It was incredible…….can’t wait to try it again. :)

Aside from your I.D what a wonderful travel day. Gorgeous room (even if it wasn't what you'd requested), fireworks. scrumptious food and a bartender with a heavy pour :thumbsup2 :goodvibes .

I hope you got your ID back. Yikes 😬
We stayed in Martinique prior to the Skyliner and we liked it. Such a big resort! I would think staying there now with Skyliner access is a big plus!
The bread pudding looks delicious 🤤

I'm here too.

Wonderful travel day. I'm glad the room location worked for you. You're making me want to to give CBR another try. I know I would like to try the bread pudding.

Aside from your I.D what a wonderful travel day. Gorgeous room (even if it wasn't what you'd requested), fireworks. scrumptious food and a bartender with a heavy pour :thumbsup2 :goodvibes .
It really was the best day!
I hope you got your ID back. Yikes 😬
We stayed in Martinique prior to the Skyliner and we liked it. Such a big resort! I would think staying there now with Skyliner access is a big plus!
The bread pudding looks delicious 🤤
The Skyliner is a game changer. On my HS day, I left my room at 7:25 and was in line for ToT by 7:50 am!
I'm here too.

Wonderful travel day. I'm glad the room location worked for you. You're making me want to to give CBR another try. I know I would like to try the bread pudding.
Hi Vanessa! So happy you are here. :) Honestly I was surprised with how much I liked CBR. I would happily stay there again.

I had the best flight after a very easy time dealing with security and customs. I had heard nightmare stories from the weekend before with huge lines and delays but it seemed that Tuesday afternoon was the perfect time to travel.
Yay! I hope I have the same luck this Sunday!
The Lyft car? or your own car?
There is a 5th sleeper under the TV. I had heard reports that the CBR rooms were dated and in need of a renovation but I was really pleased with my room and thought it was in great shape.
It looks very nice!
Sweet! :goodvibes
I headed to Banana Cabana for a repeat of last August's delicious dinner. I went for the Desert Pear margarita to start and then the Calypso salad with chicken and jerk dressing on the side.
You really like your salads! I want something heartier after a day of travel!
I went for the Pineapple Coconut bread pudding and let me tell you friends, I have now eaten the BEST bread pudding on Disney property.
Blech. 🤮
It was full of shredded coconut
Yuck, I just can't understand how people like this! :laughing:
I had a date with Flower and Garden in the morning and couldn't wait!
I can't wait either. That will be our first park of the trip as well!
100% yes!
Boma bread pudding with vanilla sauce…. :cloud9:

What is this of which you speak? I just spent the last hour scouring the menus of every place in Jambo House to see if you could order it separately like you can get the Banana Bread pudding from O'hana at Tambu Lounge. But I didn't see it on any menus! Our last two nights are at AKL! I was hoping to try it without doing the whole meal at Boma thing.

Yay! I hope I have the same luck this Sunday!
Only two more days! I can't wait to hear all about the cabin!
The Lyft car? or your own car?
The Lyft. :(
It looks very nice!
I was very pleased with the room. :goodvibes
You really like your salads! I want something heartier after a day of travel!
I love salads....plus I can't really have a big meal late in the evening if I want to sleep well.
Yuck, I just can't understand how people like this! :laughing:
Coconut is one of those things you either like or you don't. There is no in between.
I can't wait either. That will be our first park of the trip as well!
Nothing like Epcot during Flower and Garden!
What is this of which you speak? I just spent the last hour scouring the menus of every place in Jambo House to see if you could order it separately like you can get the Banana Bread pudding from O'hana at Tambu Lounge. But I didn't see it on any menus! Our last two nights are at AKL! I was hoping to try it without doing the whole meal at Boma thing.
Maybe try at Victoria Falls lounge? They are located right beside Boma and I am pretty sure they share the same kitchen.

I just had to sneak in a little F&G before brunch!

Of course I was wide awake early as always. Our brunch reservation at Topolinos wasn't until 11:10 so I decided I might as well take advantage of resort early entry and see what I could accomplish in two hours before heading to the Riviera.

I filled up my mug with fresh coffee at Primo Piatto before hopping on the Skyliner at Riviera. It was pretty busy but I only waited about 5 or 6 minutes before a cabin was available. I could see the long lines already forming for Remy and was glad it wasn’t on my plans. I really wanted to stroll through World Showcase when it was empty.

I took advantage of a posted 35 minute wait (really 15) for Frozen and lucked out with the front row.

5390530B-E433-475E-9409-A2680FFE69D2.jpeg
I stopped for some photopass pics....I can never resist!
347DA64D-989D-4A9B-9DE7-E578BC4727C0.jpeg
I loved the super cute Orange Bird inspired topiaries.
IMG_4975.jpeg

Next up was the stunning Coco topiary.
IMG_4976.jpeg
Encanto was well represented.
IMG_4977.jpeg

I loved Pumba and Timon!
IMG_4979.jpeg

My favouride ride at Epcot was up next....not GOTG even though I do love it. It was Living with the Land! I love how they always incorporate elements of each festival into the attraction.
IMG_4980.jpeg

The Alice tea table was so well done! I wanted several of the teapots on the table. :)

IMG_4982.jpeg
I had a Genie+ reservation for Soarin' next but unfortunately Theatre A went down and I didn't have time to line up again. It was time to meet my lovely friends for a delicious brunch and I couldn't wait to see them. That's next!

Last edited:
I took advantage of a posted 35 minute wait (really 15) for Frozen and lucked out with the front row.
That is really lucky! Sounds like a great morning at Epcot. LWTL is a favorite of mine too. Can’t wait to read about your meal at Topolino’s!

Of course I was wide awake early as always.
You're in Disney! It's okay (required??) to be up early!
I filled up my mug with fresh coffee at Primo Piatto before hopping on the Skyliner
So... maybe this is a dumb question, not being a coffee drinker myself.
Was this a disposable paper cup? Or an actual mug? If so, what did you do with the mug after you finished your coffee? Did you just rinse it out in a bathroom and keep it in your purse?
I really wanted to stroll through World Showcase when it was empty.
I'm sorry, I missed that... did you say you were going to enjoy a slice of Heaven on Earth?
Who's your boyfriend? I'm glad to see he shares your interest in Disney.

:lmao:
Cute! Never seen the butterfly magic shot before. :)
My favouride ride at Epcot was up next....not GOTG even though I do love it. It was Living with the Land!
1. I think it's just a typo, but... favouride might be my new favourite word!
2. LWTL sure gets a lot of love. It was years before I ever rode it. It just didn't seem... well, let's just say I was still traumatized by another slow boat ride in a park just a monorail ride away.
I wanted several of the teapots on the table. :)
I hope your family and close friends are taking note... birthdays and Christmas tend to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter