I got Liberty Tree Traven for MVMCP! Tell me about it, please!

tinkgrl

Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein
Hi,

I got my tickets for the last night (12/17) for MVMCP & a PS for Liberty Tree Traven @ 5:30 p.m. character dinner. Tell me about it please. Any opinions are appreicated, thanks!

Allison

I wrote up a review on LTT --> Liberty Tree Tavern Character Meal

Some people don't like the food. I've eaten there twice and have enjoyed it. The character interaction is wonderful. Take your time and eat...when they let you in the park for MVMCP, walk across the street and get your pictures taken. One of the photo spots is right there.

Check out the menu at allearsnet.com

Otherwise it's family style, all you can eat. Turkey, pork chops and flank steak I believe. Plus mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and an awesome salad with a strawberry vinagriette I think. I believe Boston Cream cake is the included dessert, but there are others you can purchase.

The theming inside is really neat. Lots of red, white and blue and with all the wood, very rustic. Awesome looking when decorated for Xmas. You won't be sorry eating here.

Hi,

Thanks guys. Sounds good so far!!!! Keep em coming!!

Allison

Allison, we ate there late March and all LOVED it. We have 4 kids ages 6 to 13 and there was something for everyone to love. The themeing is great, I love the way they call you to the table....."the Gomel family from the great state of Illinois!!!!" It was really fun listening to where everyone was from. The food is a great departure from the fast food counter stuff, like good home cooking. The characters are dressed really cute and come by the table quite often. We had dinner and then walked out and sat on the curb and waited for Spectro to come by. It was a magical evening. I recommend LTT to EVERYONE!!!!!

Originally posted by laceemouse
Allison, we ate there late March and all LOVED it. We have 4 kids ages 6 to 13 and there was something for everyone to love. The themeing is great, I love the way they call you to the table....."the Gomel family from the great state of Illinois!!!!" It was really fun listening to where everyone was from. The food is a great departure from the fast food counter stuff, like good home cooking. The characters are dressed really cute and come by the table quite often. We had dinner and then walked out and sat on the curb and waited for Spectro to come by. It was a magical evening. I recommend LTT to EVERYONE!!!!!

Hi,

Sounds fun!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Allison

Allison:

We first ate there on a trip in 1999 and go back every time we are at Disney. We love it! The characters are fun and the atmosphere is so different! Some of the character meals seem too much like a cafeteria to me! But the atmosphere here was so different and fun! I hope you have a great time!:p

Originally posted by dizneefreak29
Allison:

We first ate there on a trip in 1999 and go back every time we are at Disney. We love it! The characters are fun and the atmosphere is so different! Some of the character meals seem too much like a cafeteria to me! But the atmosphere here was so different and fun! I hope you have a great time!:p

Hi,

Thanks!!! I'll be sure to share upon my return!

Allison

Allison,

I'll see you there. I have tickets to MVMCP and 5:10p ressie at LLT the same night.

Sue

Originally posted by Suzanne033
Allison,

I'll see you there. I have tickets to MVMCP and 5:10p ressie at LLT the same night.

Sue

Sue,

I'll be in a red powerchair with my mom!!! See you there.

Allison

This is our favorite character meal and eating there at MVMCP is awsome. A 5:45 PS put us finishing up just before the party started and we were allowed to hang out in liberty square instead of being hearded over to adventure land. After dinner, go straight over to the hall of presidents for your MVMCP picture. No line, and saves mega time later in the PM.

Food at LTT is very good. I LOVE the turkey and mashed potatoes. Charaters were also great. We love not having to get up for our own food. Cobbler is awsome too. Service left a little to be desired but we got what we needed and no real issue.
LTT is the perfect place to get in the Christmas sprit.

Jordan's mom

We are a little iffy about booking PS for LTT as the menu really does not appeal to DH or I. Are any other restaurants available for PS before the MVMCP?

We will be in MK that day, but will be taking DD 2 1/2 back to POP for a nap before returning to the park.

Do you advise planning dinner in MK or doing one of the resorts?

The LTT is the only restaurant you can get PS for MVMCP now. All the other restaurants in the MK will be the normal 90 days out. Many people eat at Crystal Palace or Tony's. Not sure if The Plaza Restaurant is open on these nights.

Thanks so much for this info! I just called this morning on the spur of the moment, and got PS there in 2 1/2 weeks for the character dinner. Never thought we'd get PS on such short notice. Now I'm so excited!

Do you advise planning dinner in MK or doing dinner at one of the resorts?

I didn't know if it would be better to be in the park prior to the beginning of the MVMCP or to eat a nice meal at one of the resorts.

Please advise.

Originally posted by Cailin'sMom
I didn't know if it would be better to be in the park prior to the beginning of the MVMCP or to eat a nice meal at one of the resorts.

Please advise.

I've done both. I prefer eating in the park and being in there before the park closes for the party.

If you wanted to eat in a resort restaurant, I'd do it as early as possible. That way you can still get to the park at a decent hour.

I just would not want to miss any of the party or deal with 7:00p party start time crowds entering the park.

Good luck!

:bounce: Just made mine too:bounce:

We are all set for December 2nd at 6:00. Oooh! I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter