I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

Great meet ups!

Vanellope and Ralph look like fun. I wish they had been around back in August.

Very nice that you got to meet an artist you know and like. I really like the Country Bears print. You don't often see much merchandise for them.

I'm IN LOVE with that Snow White fountain piece. How awesome you got to meet one of your favorite Disney artists! :)

After that we headed in the direction of Test Track. We had a little time before our FP so we decided to stop for a snack. We tried the lobster mac and cheese in a bread cone.

OMG this was amazing!! We savored every bite! And it was the perfect snack to tide us over for a bit.

I don't know whether Disney ever announces which festival food items end up being the most popular, but I'm seeing this in everyone's trip report. And it will be in ours too!

Adorable!

I loved that lobster mac and cheese cone too!

Your Ralph meet and greet photos look like so much fun! I hope they're still meeting in October!

How awesome that you got to meet the artist!

We tried the lobster mac and cheese in a bread cone.

That looks delicious!

Since it was our 3rd FP, I was able to log on and snag a set for Frozen Ever After later in the afternoon!

I do love the convenience of being able to do this! Glad you were able to get a 4th!

I wanted to stop at one of the festival art booths to pick up some special art I had seen online. As I was looking around, I mentioned to Kyle that this specific artist (Jerrod Maruyama) was one of my faves. A CM overheard me and said "Oh, if you like him he's going to be here at 1pm signing!". I looked at the clock and realized that was only 5 minutes away! So I made my purchases and after waiting only a few minutes we got to meet him! He was very pleasant and it was an awesome, unexpected surprise of the day!

OMG this is so cool!! And those prints are adorable! How fun!!!

Sounds like a productive morning in EPCOT! Glad you got done with your ride before the evacuation!

My DH hates long character waits too lol he was ready to kill me when I made him wait to meet Joy and Sadness! lol but sometimes it just has to be done!

Tsk tsk don't you know the ways of Dismeets?? But that's awesome that you got to meet up!

What was the interaction like? It definitely looks like Ralph is trying to block Kyle from some of the photos :P

That's so cool and I love those prints!

Haha I know we totally failed! But I swear it happened!

The interaction was fun! Ralph definitely wanted to "wreck" the picture a little and stand in front of all of us!

Thank you, it was a cool & unexpected moment!

YUM!!! I want them to have something similar at Food and Wine this year

He's my favorite!! I wanted to plan a quick trip for the sole purpose of meeting him. One of Matt's developers was there at this time and picked up the Country Bears print for me, and was going to get it signed for me, but they were there the day it was pouring (when you were at universal) and he didn't have the opportunity. I love that you got a picture with him, I'm going to live vicariously through your meet and greet with him!!!

It was so delicious, hopefully they do have something like it!

Aw man! I wish I had known, I totally would have grabbed one for you! It was so much fun meeting him!

THis is such a cute pic!!!

I love the prints you purchased. I hadn't heard of this artist before, but those are absolutely adorable!!

We had so much fun with Ralph & Vanellope!

Thank you, I was so happy with my purchases and his artwork is really cute!

That’s a common problem with SE! I think they give out too many fp for it.

We met them too and they were so cute! One of my first non face character meets so a little awkward but fun nonetheless.

That’s awesome! I’m pretty sure I have a few of his prints. I have purchased so many of the small post card sized prints over the last couple trips I don’t know what to do with them all! I like how yours are displayed.

As long as I don't have to wait in the standby line then I'm happy!

I think they are a good duo to meet if you're not used to non face characters, they make it very fun!

I have a lot of postcard prints too! I've just finally started putting them in frames to display them!

How cool is that?!?

It was an awesome moment of the trip!

How cool that you got to meet the artist!!!!

It was so cool and unexpected! I was very happy!

I heard so many good things about the lobster Mac and cheese, it looks yummy!

Nice to pick up a FP for Frozen

I am hoping to meet Wreck it Ralph this next trip

I like the pictures you got and bonus to meet the artist!

Again, it was nice to meet you!

It was delicious, I recommend it in the future!

I really didn't think I'd get a Frozen FP so it was a nice treat, especially since Kyle had never been on it and actually expressed interest in it!

Yes definitely put Ralph on your to do list! A very fun meet!

It was so great meeting you :goodvibes

I love the prints! Great timing for the artist meet and greet.

His art is so adorable! And it really worked out so nicely!

Oh my goodness, how awesome that the artist was out signing right when you went to buy some of his work. That Snow White piece is gorgeous!

Your Wreck It Ralph photos are great. The one where you and Vanellope are peeking out from behind Ralph is my favorite.

Mac and cheese in a bread cone?!? That sounds divine.

I don't think I could have even planned it to work out so well! It was just such a magical Disney moment!

Ralph was being so silly, it was a lot of fun!

Mac and cheese + bread, 2 of my favorite things!

Yay! Dismeets are the best :goodvibes @disneyAndi14 and I are planning to meet up in August! :thumbsup2

What a wonderful surprise! Some extra pixie dust :wizard:

I'm so glad you both will get to meet! She is so lovely :)

It was definitely a pixie dust moment!

Great meet ups!

Vanellope and Ralph look like fun. I wish they had been around back in August.

Very nice that you got to meet an artist you know and like. I really like the Country Bears print. You don't often see much merchandise for them.

They were a great meet, hopefully they stick around for a bit!

I mentioned to the artist how happy I was to see a Country Bears print and he agreed that they are pretty under represented!

I'm IN LOVE with that Snow White fountain piece. How awesome you got to meet one of your favorite Disney artists! :)

It's such a perfect print! And it was amazing getting to meet the artist!

I don't know whether Disney ever announces which festival food items end up being the most popular, but I'm seeing this in everyone's trip report. And it will be in ours too!

Adorable!

I agree, so many people tried that item! Hopefully they bring it back in the future!

Hopping on board! Congratulations on the engagement!! Best place to get engaged.

Glad to have you along! And thank you for the kind words!!

Those prints are seriously adorable and how lucky that you got to meet the artist!

I knew I had to buy them and it was a nice bonus getting them signed!

I loved that lobster mac and cheese cone too!

Your Ralph meet and greet photos look like so much fun! I hope they're still meeting in October!

How awesome that you got to meet the artist!

Ugh so delicious! I want them to bring it back!

I hope they are too, they were so fun to meet!

That looks delicious!

I do love the convenience of being able to do this! Glad you were able to get a 4th!

OMG this is so cool!! And those prints are adorable! How fun!!!

It was so so good!

I had a lot of luck using the app this trip!

It was an awesome moment! :)

Sounds like a productive morning in EPCOT! Glad you got done with your ride before the evacuation!

My DH hates long character waits too lol he was ready to kill me when I made him wait to meet Joy and Sadness! lol but sometimes it just has to be done!

It was a great morning! I would have been so sad if we missed out on Soarin.

Haha I knew I had to choose carefully what meets we did this trip. Luckily he likes Wreck It Ralph so it was easier to convince him to wait for this one!

January 28th- World Showcase

From there we finally headed into World Showcase. There was some cool chalk art along the way.

We decided to start on the Mexico side.

Kyle had never been on Gran Fiesta Tour and there was no wait so we decided to do that!

We kinda quickly walked through the next few pavillions as Kyle was hungry and he really wanted to try the Sushi Donut in Japan.

He said he really liked it!

Up next..more of our time in World Showcase!

Hi :wave: I just came across your trip report and must say congratulations on your engagement. How exciting to get engaged at Disney! I look forward to hearing all about how it happened.

So sorry you had an entire day of rain. I think most people are used to the normal shower in Disney, put your poncho on and lets go. Before you know it the sun is out but a whole day just brings you down.

I've never seen the Festival of Arts before. The pictures seem so cool. We tend to either go in February/March for Mardi Gras or May for the Flower and Garden Festival.

I look forward to hearing all about your engagement trip.

After that we went to meet Ralph & Vanellope! The line was a little long (and Kyle despises long character lines) but we waited it out and it was totally worth it! They were so fun!

They are worth the wait!

47359485481_87ee6d0436.jpg

Love this one!

I don't know why but I love this picture.

After that I met up with @disneyAndi14 for a little DISmeet! We failed and didn't get a pic :( But it was so lovely to chat with her and meet her family after following each other's reports for a while!
So nice to meet Caroline! She is great. :)

After that we went to meet Ralph & Vanellope! The line was a little long (and Kyle despises long character lines) but we waited it out and it was totally worth it! They were so fun!
I meant to do this last week but the time just got away from me. It looks so fun!!

Kyle had never been on Gran Fiesta Tour and there was no wait so we decided to do that!
This is always a favourite!

I love how you met the artist! How fun. It's very fun for an artist to meet a fan. I apologize for sharing this if it's weird (haha!), but I'm a writer and at a recent book signing a lady came in and looked at the books I was signing. She said she'd read all of those titles, and did I have anything new yet?

I was so awesomely surprised and happy.

Anyway, all that to say I know that artist was pleased to meet you :).

Also, I love the Festival of the Arts photo ops. They're so fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter