I did it….I signed up to receive info

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

BH5 here. After years of wanting to do runs and really liking long walks and almost doing it during vivid, I signed up to receive info on the virtual Xmas races.

9 1/2 years ago I broke my ankle, and thankfully everything is healed beautifully (the metal that was there to fix it has also come out). I’ve since danced in countless shows and stood for hours on sets with little to no issue (and yes LaDucas are the best dance shoe to dance in for this reason).

So for the longest time it was my ankle holding me back. Then earlier this year I started a weight management program and so far I’m down 14 pounds. Some days are still a struggle, but I’m glad I’m doing this. So now ankle and weight are not holding me back.

However, some health issues this year. Including things we are still trying to figure out. But I figured this virtual 4K should I do it will hold me accountable and hopefully I can move onto the 5k at run Disney in 2025.

Just wanted to say I’m happy to be joining this club, and I love reading about all your journeys!

BH5

Welcome, and good luck!

I highly recommend looking into the Jeff Galloway run-walk-run method as you get started with running. It really helped me get used to running longer distances and I didn't ever feel discouraged or that I "couldn't" run farther. It also helps keep your heartrate down so your easy runs stay easy while you build fitness. :)

Welcome and good luck! Just keep working at it but don’t push it - listen to your ankle - and I’m sure you’ll do fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter