I could go running and racing...but I am not fast. An NYE, runDisney, no-kid-in-tow trip to WDW!

Playing catch up but luckily I wasn't too far behind!

HAHA!! That's code for "Jackie, get back over here with some more updates, would ya?!!"

Awww! But I'm a little dismayed at the lack of Disney stuffies.

Oh, believe me, he has a mountain of them!!!!! They all took up too much space in the backpack I gave him to pack "the guys" in...he was not too pleased that he had to keep it to small stuffies so he could get more bang for his packing buck!!! LOL

Love it! Have you had a chance to try out the dress while running?

I haven't.....honestly I have not been running near as much as I should be, especially considering I'm doing my first ever 10K. Every time I'm out there though, I wonder what people will think when they see Buzz Lightyear running down the street :)

Better go check them for the 100th time today, be right back....

Nope, nothing yet. :mad:

UGH!!! Most frustrating part, but just imagine your elation when you finally do end up getting one (which I am confident you will!!) :)

I'm still trying to get the Fantasmic! Dessert and VIP seating, as well as the Highway in the Sky event. Tick tock, tick tock!!! FP day is in 6 days, and I was really hoping to have those all set in stone before then!!

Love the running outfit! I hope it passes your tests!

Love the Wilderness Explorer Tank. I love that movie!

And i love the flip flops!!! So cute. I am a sucker for Minnie Bows.

It is SO cold that I haven't taken my Buzz dress for it's trial run, but hopefully I'll get a chance soon!!

Up! wasn't my favorite upon first watching it, but each time I see it I love it more and more!! I also have Up! ears I bought from Etsy for our last trip, and a magicband decal and bow, too :) I can't stop accessorizing!!!

Minnie bows have become my new obsession. No 35 year old woman should own as many bows as I do. LOL

37301475964_3e2babc66d_z.jpg

SO PERFECT!!!!!!

You mentioned you were stalking the website for Highway in the Sky - it opened up today for January dates! We are booked in for January 4th :)

You mentioned you were stalking the website for Highway in the Sky - it opened up today for January dates! We are booked in for January 4th :)

We really wanted it for the 1st or 5th, but neither was offered as an option, so we ended up with the 3rd because it sort of fit in our schedule! I'm really looking forward to it!!

Hello, all :) Happy Halloween!!! And Happy Fastpass Day for us! What a day.

First, I somehow had my disney brain out of sorts and was thinking I needed to do my picks at midnight Florida time....WRONG. So, I went to bed but set my alarm to wake up for 11:00 Chicago time. I fought with my app and the internet for almost an hour before I recalled that FPs open at 7 a.m. Eastern. Duh.

SOOOO, back to bed I went, got up at 5:20 a.m. like always and got my costume ready for the day in Kindergarten!!! I got Jimmy up and started to get him ready, but had to get on the app at 6 to get those FPs!!!!!

Well, I had a problem with the dang white hairspray and Jimmy was half dressed, but all things must wait when Pandora FPs are at stake!!! I made him hang tight while I very happily logged in and with zero trouble at all made FPs for two days in a row at AK. I couldn't believe I was able to get us FoP and Nav'i River Journey in just the right spots on our itinerary!

Figuring I'd made him wait long enough, I did finally get Jimmy dressed and off we went to school!!

I got back on My Disney Experience and tried to get the rest of our FPs, thinking I'd gotten the difficult ones, so the rest should be a breeze. Sigh. Not so much. I have never had so much trouble picking attractions and times around my ADRs. The app would not let me pick anything within an hour and a half or so before ADRs. I usually assume about an hour for our ADRs at most places, but the app again gave me trouble choosing FPs more than an hour AFTER we'd be done eating. Each time I selected one that was anywhere close to the ADR, it came up with the warning, "You are replacing your reservation at .....insert reservation here." I was getting SO aggravated!!!!

So, some of my FPs are at bizarre times. I sure hope things work out, but I honestly am so relieved to have gotten our AK days sorted out with ADRs, FPs for Pandora and ROL dining right where I planned them to be, that I can't even be mad about the other difficulty I had!!

How about some more pictures of my cute little Carlos de Vil??

It is going to be FRIGID for Trick or Treating tonight, but Jimmy is VERY excited to take Dude out on the town!!

I was pretty surprised that the only kids in my class who knew I was Cruella de Vil were the 4 dressed as Mal! These kids aren't getting enough classic Disney in their lives! So, we'll be watching Disney Sing Along Songs: Happy Haunting Party at Disneyland this afternoon :)

Oh, I probably should've mentioned that Highway in the Sky Dine Around dates finally opened up for January, so I was able to book that on the 3rd...the night before the runDisney 5K. But, I'm not too nervous about that except for the lack of sleep. I think I'll be running on mostly adrenaline because I'll be running IN DISNEY WORLD!!!

Last thing I'm still sitting on is the Fantasmic! Dessert and VIP seating.......twiddles thumbs.......maybe they'll open before we leave on January 30th!!

Here's my Baymax costume for the 5K! Jimmy's letting me borrow his button, too. I was thinking of having Rob wear a shirt that says, "My wife is not fast" with Baymax on it....if you're familiar with the movie, you know Baymax says this. But I was afraid people would think he wasn't being supportive---even though I think it's hilarious because I am literally NOT fast!! (That's right, folks, it's not just a clever PTR title! LOL) Opinions??

20171030_205400 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20171030_205155 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Hope you all have a fun Halloween!! I do realize I still owe you ADR information now that I have so rudely skipped ahead to FP day. Oops!!! :)

Your Cruella costume is adorable! We woke up to snow on the ground this morning, so I'm hoping that won't affect too many Trick-or-Treaters - we prepared for 300 kids this year (we had 235 last year, but our neighbourhood was still being built), and I do not want a ton of candy left over!

I still haven't watched the Descendants movies - I should get on that!

Hurray for getting Pandora Fastpasses!

Your De Vil costumes are so cute! I actually just watched Descendants for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. Now I need to watch the second one.

You are making me nervous about doing my FPs tomorrow morning! Really hoping I can get everything I want at the times I want. So weird that it says you are replacing an ADR? I swear I've had overlapping or back to back times before without any trouble. Guess I will find out soon enough!

First, I somehow had my disney brain out of sorts and was thinking I needed to do my picks at midnight Florida time....WRONG. So, I went to bed but set my alarm to wake up for 11:00 Chicago time. I fought with my app and the internet for almost an hour before I recalled that FPs open at 7 a.m. Eastern. Duh.
Oh that is the worst! I always second guess which day is actual fast pass day..

Love it!!

usually assume about an hour for our ADRs at most places, but the app again gave me trouble choosing FPs more than an hour AFTER we'd be done eating. Each time I selected one that was anywhere close to the ADR, it came up with the warning, "You are replacing your reservation at .....insert reservation here." I was getting SO aggravated!!!!
I don't like the new system of picking one by one. You forget what you picked and you feel like you need to pick fast. It's a lot of stress.

Here's my Baymax costume for the 5K! Jimmy's letting me borrow his button, too. I was thinking of having Rob wear a shirt that says, "My wife is not fast" with Baymax on it....if you're familiar with the movie, you know Baymax says this. But I was afraid people would think he wasn't being supportive---even though I think it's hilarious because I am literally NOT fast!! (That's right, folks, it's not just a clever PTR title! LOL) Opinions??[/QUOTE
I think it's cute. I think true Disney fans will get it.

What are teh requirements for the race? How fast do you have to do the race to get the metal?!?!

Not sure how, but somehow I didn't realize you were writing this. I'm all caught up now! So excited for your adults' only trip!

This is so sweet! I've never seen such an adorable fanny pack/waist bag/etc.

I love this! I hope the running test goes well!

You two looked awesome! <3

So cute! I have a baymax tank top on my Etsy wish list that says "I am not fast," because I absolutely feel you there! I am NOT fast either. But slow and steady seems to do the job. :)

Your Cruella costume is adorable!

I still haven't watched the Descendants movies - I should get on that!

Thanks! They're kind of cheesy, honestly, but I really enjoyed them both anyway! Jimmy and I have been reading the books, too. Well, we're almost done with the first one anyway, Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz

Your De Vil costumes are so cute! I actually just watched Descendants for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. Now I need to watch the second one.

Thanks :) I really liked the second one! And it sounds like a 3rd is in the works, too! We have the soundtracks for both in the car, so I know them by heart! LOL

Glad your FP day went smoothly! I can't remember if I told you I ended up going on MDE on my computer instead of my app and was able to move things around that I had been forced to book at odd times due to the app wanting to replace my ADRs all the time!! Things are much more to my liking now :)

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed reading!

Thanks for reading!! :)

What are teh requirements for the race? How fast do you have to do the race to get the metal?!?!

@StarWarsMomofGirls! You just have to keep at least a 16 minute mile. As long as you finish, you get your metal :)

Not sure how, but somehow I didn't realize you were writing this. I'm all caught up now! So excited for your adults' only trip!

So cute! I have a baymax tank top on my Etsy wish list that says "I am not fast," because I absolutely feel you there! I am NOT fast either. But slow and steady seems to do the job. :)

Welcome!!! :) Why did I think you were already here!? LOL Glad you found me :)

I have a tank like that in my cart, too....just need to pull the trigger and order!

Time keeps getting away from me, so I thought I'd better at least get an update of our scheduled ADRs and some activities here before it's already Christmas and time to leave....which if you're keeping track is only 51 short days from today!!!!!!
One of my friends is getting married on December 29th, so Rob and I will have a late party night the evening before we leave for Disney World, so I purposely made our flight a little later than I normally would. I like to leave as early as possible, to make it like we still have a whole day once we arrive, but this time we'll be leaving at 11:45 instead. I figured this would let us get up a little later, but still gets us to Orlando in the late afternoon.

The plan is to pick up our refillable mugs, toss our bags in the room (online check-in, so hopefully we already know where we're headed without stopping at the front desk)! We'll grab a bus to MK and either head right in or hop up to the monorail and try to get into Trader Sam's....wishful thinking, but you never know!

I ordered Monorail Drink-a-Thon lanyards and passes for Rob and I for our Vow Renewal trip last year, and we never got a chance to use them (in 12 days....seriously, not even sure how that's possible! But, we didn't, so this is our second chance and I am very committed to getting it done!)

Our first ADR of the trip will be at 8:40 at Cinderella's Royal Table! I am SO excited to eat dinner there. We have done breakfast twice because Jimmy LOVES to see his favorite Princess in her castle, but I've always wanted to eat inside and look out at Fantasyland all lit up at night, so yay!! :)

day 1 CRT by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We have some other FPs afterward, but the most important thing on our list for this night is to catch the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks at midnight. We have other plans for New Year's Eve, but there's just nothing like standing anywhere near the castle and/or Main Street USA for these fireworks. #magical

day 1 fantasy in the sky by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Last New Year's Eve, we spent about 14 hours in the Magic Kingdom. If you know what you're doing, this is completely do-able and even enjoyable, but if you're a newbie, stay far far away!! NYE crowds at MK are INSANE. But, I had to get in on a little of the insanity this year, too, so we'll start our day by spending a couple of morning hours there!

By noon, we should be on a boat to Wilderness Lodge where we will finally get to have lunch where I've been dying to try for years...Whispering Canyon Cafe!! And I sure do love my ketchup!

day 2 whispering canyon by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

After lunch, we likely won't try to wrestle our way back down Main Street. I think it's more likely we'll head back to Pop for a break and drinks by the pool....probably something with a glow cube :)

We'll take another bus to MK later on after we get all dolled up for our glamorous Disney New Year's Eve! When we arrive at MK we will catch our event bus over to the Contemporary for Disney's Countdown to Midnight celebration. I'm most excited for the balcony to watch the fireworks. The first time we celebrated NYE in Magic Kingdom, I actually stood in stroller parking INSIDE someone's stroller to watch the fireworks. This view, I am confident, will be much better than that!!! LOL

day 2 countdown to midnight by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

On January 1st, I've made us a late breakfast so we can get up without rushing out the door! We'll be meeting Prince Eric (squeeeeal!!!!!) and those other folks I've already met, so I am SUPER excited about this one. Rob doesn't care though he was intrigued when I told him they have alcohol for breakfast.

day 3 bon voyage breakfast by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We are heading to DHS for the afternoon and will actually squeeze in another TS meal before heading back to the hotel. Rob, for some reason, really loves Hollywood & Vine, so we're having an early dinner....like 3:00 early. But, it's an excuse to take some fun character pics without a wait in line, so I'm in!

day 3 minnie&#x27;s holiday dine by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The following day we will be up and at 'em bright and early for a tour I've been trying to book for 2 trips in a row!! FINALLY I'm going to check out those Utilidors!! We'll be on the 8:30 Keys to the Kingdom Tour, followed by an immediate bus ride to Animal Kingdom for a safari ride! We'll have another early dinner at Tusker House, which I was successful in booking as a Rivers of Light dining package (woo hoo!) for that evening. This is also the night where we'll get to check out Flight of Passage.

day 4 KTTK by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

day 4 tusker house by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

It's back to AK the next morning for our other Pandora FP and Flame Tree BBQ for lunch. We'll head to runDisney expo after that and then take a poolside break before our evening dinner plans--Highway in the Sky Dine Around on the monorail!

day 7 highway in the sky by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The next morning is an EARLY one!! It's 5K day!! The plan following the run is to head to DHS. I must get pics with Pluto and my brand new medal! We will also hit up the Tune-in Lounge and have our favorite lunch at 50's Primetime Cafe. We'll also get to do our Tower of Terror ride with Ariana and her husband! Can't wait for this!!! :)

day 6 tune in lounge by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

day 6 primetime by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Friday is another early one! 10K day! We'll be doing another ADR I've never done but always wanted to try, 'Ohana. Our reservation is for 10 a.m. Is it wrong to hope I'll be able to snag a Lapu Lapu by the time breakfast is over. I wonder what time their bar opens??

......Rats, I forgot to snag a picture of 'Ohana, but I'm sure you've seen it anyway!! PS I probably should put a disclaimer that clearly none of these pictures are mine. Thank you, Google images search.

And sadly, that brings us to Saturday....when I have to go home.

We'll grab a bus to MK and either head right in or hop up to the monorail and try to get into Trader Sam's....wishful thinking, but you never know!

Hopefully if you get there early enough it should be fine. Mom and I walked in around 4:30 the day we were there.

Our first ADR of the trip will be at 8:40 at Cinderella's Royal Table!

Yum! I'm drooling right now thinking about the Beef Short Ribs I had there in 2014. Not sure if those are even on the menu anymore or on the dinner one at all. We were there for lunch.

We have some other FPs afterward, but the most important thing on our list for this night is to catch the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks at midnight.

Someday I will see the New Year's Eve fireworks! Just didn't work out this year with Jim's work schedule. Hopefully they will live stream them again this year and I can at least do that.

Whispering Canyon Cafe!!

Another yum! Mom and I about inhaled the food here. Funny thing, my favorite thing was the corn on the cob.

Disney's Countdown to Midnight celebration.

This sounds like so much fun, I'm jealous!

We'll be meeting Prince Eric (squeeeeal!!!!!)

Oh, I can't wait to see what you think of this meal. I've got it booked for Mom and I in February.

Rob, for some reason, really loves Hollywood & Vine, so we're having an early dinner

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this meal when I did it in 2015. Make sure to try the seafood mac and cheese if they still have it. And you can't beat the characters in their awesome Christmas costumes.

We'll be on the 8:30 Keys to the Kingdom Tour

I had a very strong opinion of the Utilitors. I'll be interested to see what you think.

We'll head to runDisney expo after that

Hopefully we will run into each other there! I'm thinking though that I won't be there till 2 pm at the absolute earliest since we have Chef Mickey's at 12:30.

Highway in the Sky Dine Around on the monorail!

So wanted to do this but Jim and I are just not drinkers plus I'm too picky!

have our favorite lunch at 50's Primetime Cafe. We'll also get to do our Tower of Terror ride with Ariana and her husband!

Yay! So excited to hang out for a little bit. I think your 50s lunch is a bit later than ours. I made ours really early because I'm always starving after a race.

We'll be doing another ADR I've never done but always wanted to try, 'Ohana.

Another favorite of mine! The breakfast food is simple but delicious and I get to see my two favorite guys! I'm having a Pluto/Stitch bag made next summer so I definitely need to do this meal again someday.

I'm all caught up. Your trip sounds amazing.
Love all your meals. I was a little late in booking ADRs in December and then I switched them around anyways, I'd love to do the Highway in the Sky but couldn't get it, nor 50's Prime Time, or Hollywood and Vine dinner...two placed I really wanted to return to. Oh well!
If I could go for NYE one year, just to see the fireworks, I would! Technically my APs expire Jan 2nd, so I could still make it down, LOL. But our last trip is Dec 14-19 and I think we're done for the year, and I have no more vacation days, haha.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your running outfits! Sooo awesome! That is one of my favorite things about the Disney races...seeing all the costumes! Princess weekend was the best...so many Disney princesses it was awesome, but it was packed that weekend. Wine and Dine had less crowds but we didn't like the course as much. I think you'll have an amazing time despite the early wake up calls...that part was not fun, haha.

I have a tank like that in my cart, too....just need to pull the trigger and order!

I just gave in and bought it! It shipped this morning, and I'm inexplainably happy about it.

Our first ADR of the trip will be at 8:40 at Cinderella's Royal Table! I am SO excited to eat dinner there. We have done breakfast twice because Jimmy LOVES to see his favorite Princess in her castle, but I've always wanted to eat inside and look out at Fantasyland all lit up at night, so yay!! :)

Yay!! This will be so special and beautiful!

By noon, we should be on a boat to Wilderness Lodge where we will finally get to have lunch where I've been dying to try for years...Whispering Canyon Cafe!! And I sure do love my ketchup!

Yay!! Good choice! We tried this for the first time on the last trip and I was thoroughly on board!

On January 1st, I've made us a late breakfast so we can get up without rushing out the door! We'll be meeting Prince Eric (squeeeeal!!!!!) and those other folks I've already met, so I am SUPER excited about this one. Rob doesn't care though he was intrigued when I told him they have alcohol for breakfast.

So exciting! (Also good call on the later start to the day)

our evening dinner plans--Highway in the Sky Dine Around on the monorail!

This will be amazing! I want to hear about this one.

And sadly, that brings us to Saturday....when I have to go home.

Nooo. We don't talk about going home...

I just found your report and I’m loving it! DH and I are loosely talking about adults only princess half in 2020 (planning much ). Keys to the Kingdom sounds amazing!

Side note.... i teach First... I’m super envious you guys get to dress up for Halloween at school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!