i cloud photo question

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
through my phone when I take a pic it automatically goes to our computer through icloud not sure how that works but thats what happens

tonight though I took a bunch of pics and none of them are on the computer--there on my phone but didnt download to the computer

not sure what I have to do now--I used to plug a cord into the computer and transfer the pics that way--but that system doenst work anymore--

I sure hope I dont have to retake the pics--any advice
thanks all

Well, has your icloud updated? If it hasn't been backed up yet, it won't be available on the icloud. Also, have you reached your icloud limit? If so, it won't be backed up.

Tethering is an option, if you need them now. Or, if it's just one or two you want to send, just email them. Or message them. That's what I do.

When you take one or two they’re almost instantaneous but if it’s a whole bunch it could take awhile. You generally need to be connected to WiFi. You can use cell data but it’s off by default and most people don’t turn it on. If you’re set to back up they probably transfer when you’re connected to WiFi and charging your phone. If you need them now you can manually back up or like Figment said message them to yourself or drop them in another cloud system that syncs your phone and computer like Dropbox.

thanks for all the replies--however since Im really bad with computers I dont have a clue what this all means--I was able to look at my icloud and it said I have 5GB of iccloud storage and 1.11 GB available storage

not sure what that means as far as my pics going into icloud

I have heard of backing things up I thought that was automatic but I guess not

how would I do that
I did take out some pics but so far the new pics werent there

so thanks again any other tips would be great

thanks for all the replies--however since Im really bad with computers I dont have a clue what this all means--I was able to look at my icloud and it said I have 5GB of iccloud storage and 1.11 GB available storage

not sure what that means as far as my pics going into icloud

I have heard of backing things up I thought that was automatic but I guess not

how would I do that
I did take out some pics but so far the new pics werent there

so thanks again any other tips would be great
You should have enough storage for more pictures. It might take some time to get things uploaded. Is your phone connected to wifi?

I believe it is connected to the WIFI

if I go under settings the WIFI icon has a sersis of numbers and letters which I the wifi

I just checked iCloud and pics were there. Sure took a long time. Thanks for the tips though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter