I can't believe we had never done this

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
During our Nov. trip a few weeks my mom really wanted us to go to the Diamond Horshoe Review in MK to see the show. Her & my dad had been there a few weeks prior & said they had a blast.

My oldest DD was not too thrilled but my DH always wants to do at least "one thing different" on each trip.

Well, we went & loved it. For those who have never been there (like us) it was a quiet place to relax, get an ice cream & enjoy a 45 minute show. Keep in mind that to see the show you need to be there at show times, otherwise I think you can just get some ice cream (correct me if I'm wrong about it always being open for ice cream) The ice cream was not outrageously priced either. $3 for a hot fudge sundae (Mickey Bars are $2.50)

The show was a lot of fun & I actually got picked to do a card trick with the magician. My family thought this was the best.

We all had a great time - including oldest DD. I know we will go back. To us it felt like one of those "best kept secrets" that not many people know about - or do they!!?!!

We loved this too! Another hint, we got there as the show was starting, it was standing room only. Then we spied the table next to the stage, like a little balcony area. We walked right up and nabbed it. It was really neat.
Gret

Hi all,

Another neat thing about DHR is they
also serve sandwiches(see debs site
for menu). We had a "mini lunch show"
and it was alot of fun.

We did this for the first time in June. And had a really good time.

And we will be back :D

The ice cream is great. The food is not so good. Eat someplace else and go have ice cream and watch the show. It is a lot of fun and nice place for a little rest.

Renee

It's a lot of fun isn't it? It does seem to be some sort of hidden treasure, except that it's always packed anytime we go!

They stopped serving lunch here a short while ago. There are also no more "dancing girls" - but the best parts of the show were the magician and the singer w/ guitar or pianist anyway. We had planned to be there for lunch on our last day and didn't realize there was no more lunch. I asked if I could bring it in from another place and was told "no problem". So, my husband and kids held a table while I went to Pecos Bills to get lunch. It worked out very well. It does fill up from what I've seen, so don't count on slipping in at the last minute.

This used to be a tradition for me, my cousin, and grandma. We loved getting lunch here and relaxing and taking in the show in the middle of hot summer days. Too bad about the lunch....and the dancing girls. I always wanted to be one of them!

I can't believe they pink slipped Miss Lucille. DH will be bummed!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I will have to try this place!

Do the shows run all day or are they on a set schedule?

Taking lunch over from Pecos Bills sounds like a great idea.

My son and I missed this on 2001 trip. We saw Country Bears:rolleyes: (which I hated and son loved ) I was thinking Horseshoe would be pretty much the same thing so we passed on it.

After reading this thread, I'm putting it on our must do list for our Easter trip.

I didn't even know about it. Thanks for the heads up.:D

disneyjunkie - there are times for the shows which are listed in the Times Guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter