"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

The matching outfits are adorable! A. Dor. Able. And seriously -- if you can't match on your honeymoon, then when can you match? Right?? Right!

Oh, and we have a drawer full of Mickey straws. We have to get them every trip. Love them!! Just last night, my daughter Sera was drinking out of her Cheers mug we bought in Boston last fall with her Mickey straw. It was picture perfect. LOL!

Do they really not know that they can enter from any turnstile, and that the idea is that the AP line is just offered as a shorter line option?
My first opportunity to enter the AP line after first purchasing my AP the line was crazy long and the others were not. Did I go into said AP line anyway? Um, nope! Sorry, proud to be an APer, but I'm happier to just get in the park. :rotfl:

So we ended up being that couple.
Loud and proud! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have one more midterm this week, and then this Friday I'm off on our next WDW adventure!
Good luck with the midterm and have a wonderful time at Disney!!! :goodvibes

Well, I'm finally all done school for my break, all packed, and [nearly] all ready to go! I leave tomorrow, and I'm getting very excited!

AuIDpWo.gif

Tomorrow morning is also my ADR day for August, so I've got my plan set for what ADRs to aim for. I think this next trip will really help in preventing too much post-Disney depression when I get home next week. Always good to have another trip on the go!! (It's like the best cure for a hangover is another drink, right!? :thumbsup2)

I gave Nathan a shopping list for me, and asked him to pick up the parcels I had sent to the resort, and to check in for us and pick up our magic bands at the front desk. (#CanadaProbs) So hopefully when I arrive, we'll be all set with lots of bottled water and sunscreen, and ready to just flop into our room at All Star Sports!

I'm so excited to leave, but today it's also feeling a little bittersweet. Nathan is already in Florida, as you know, so he was the first to message me last night about the Parkland school shooting. Now the Dis is not a place to discuss politics, and so of course I won't get into mine here, though I do have some pretty strong views on this particular issue. But this also isn't so much a political issue to me, as it is one of heartbreak and humanity that we can all understand together. And I'm finding myself at a loss, so saddened for the families who've lost their children. And in a way, I'm glad that I'm so sad. I hate to think that we can become accustomed to these kinds of events. We have had a handful of school killings in Canada, (according to Wikipedia, there have been seven?) but there's only one that I'm aware of where the death toll was of a similar magnitude, and that was at the École Polytechnique in Montreal. Many Canadians still take care to remember it on the anniversary every year, and there are ceremonies and events held in the honour of the victims. I guess all I'm saying is that I am anxious to begin what will be a wonderful trip, but I will also be arriving in Florida with a heavy heart tomorrow. Being reminded that we live in a world where these horrifically shattering things can happen makes me all the more grateful for my loved ones, including all of you who make up such a supportive community here on the Dis. I'll also be very glad to hug my husband tomorrow, and to finally have some time for us to spend together again! Life is too short, and it's important to make these moments count.

Now...for when I return... If there are no major objections, I think I may interrupt your regularly scheduled programming here to just post the updates for this February trip right here in this thread when I get home. (You don't have to read them if you don't want to though! It wasn't part of the original agreement when you signed on to follow this TR! :laughing:) It won't be a full-fledged trip report, so I don't feel it needs its own thread. I have a feeling I'll want to get it recorded quickly when I get back, and then return to the honeymoon re-living bit when it's all down.

Okay...I guess it's time for me to get out of here and get my life together before I hit the road.
eyuViQQ.gif

See ya real soon!

Last edited:
Completely understand about being sad. You make such a good point that we SHOULD feel sad when things like this happen and not start to become immune to hearing about it. I'm sure it will make your reunion with hubby even sweeter. Have a wonderful trip!

And I'm all for you throwing your Feb TR into this thread!

I’m on my phone so can’t multi quote.

I too was saddened/horrified by recent events. I too have views... probably similar to yours.

But... you are going to Disney...
Have a great trip, Meghan!

Completely understand the feelings of sadness. I never want to become so jaded that I am unphased by these types of horrible events.

I head down to Orlando on Wednesday with my best friend and we're trying to keep positive! You'll have an amazing trip I'm sure and can't wait to read about it here :)

I may or may not have experienced that... in August....

Yep. Melting. The moment you step out the door. Fun times.

I wonder.... Is it a prestige thing? "I'm an AP holder and you're not. Stand in awe."
Or do they really just not know? :confused3

Perhaps? I've thought this, too. But I'm never going to wait in a long line just to have the nonexistent people who aren't even in the regular lines think that I'm special. Time is money at Disney!

Strawberry rhubarb. ::yes::

Nom.

Do those stairs lead to the slide?

They do! You're quite clever, you know!

Wow! I've never stayed Deluxe, but that's incredible service! I usually just have to jump in the shower to get the sweat off. They wipe you down at a Deluxe!
Now I understand the price difference.

It really is pretty amazing. And a little invasive. I had mixed feelings.

Oh, sure. But when I ogle, I get slapped.
This is patently unfair.

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way here...perhaps it has something to do with the object of the ogling... :confused3

:rotfl2:

Left the poop emoji "behind"...

Tehehehe

I did! That thing is amazing! I'm shocked you didn't buy it!

Biggest regret of the trip, for sure.

Wait... Is this the reason they wipe you down? First they scorch you, then wipe you down?
Is this some sort of spa treatment reserved for the hoi polloi?

That's it! Only the fanciest of folks get scorch-wiped!

What did that poor pool ever do to you to deserve that?

:laughing:

I had no idea that fake crab has gluten in it. The things you learn.

No kidding! Fake crab is kinda like the hot dog of the sea. :laughing: It's basically fish, ground into a paste, and mixed with flavourings and starch, and the starch is often wheat.

Why am I only hearing about this now?????????????????

Added to the wish list.

Mmmmmm maple popcorn. :goodvibes Sadly, when we went in December they didn't have in Frontierland anymore. I don't know whether they brought it back or not, but I will report back after this week. BUT they DID still have it in Epcot...appropriately at the Canada pavilion.

Yes it does. I'm still trying to take off the lbs put on over Disney and Christmas. :sad2:

It's easy to do. I've never been at the point where I've had to worry about my health or anything, so for me it's really just about not feeling sluggish and about my clothes fitting the way I want. Important...but not a priority this coming week. :laughing:

I too was saddened/horrified by recent events. I too have views... probably similar to yours.

I suspect so.

But... you are going to Disney...
Have a great trip, Meghan!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

Haha! This was one of my favorite things I did when I went home last summer. I just wandered around Target, looking at all the crazy stuff for sale. Stores are definitely different in Germany, too.

The crazy things you can find! It's pretty exciting!! I can imagine things are definitely different over there! I'd love to go someday. Any European shops I've been in have definitely been a bit different from home, not that there have been many. (I had brief visits to London, Paris, Rome, Florence...that's about it.) And when I was a teenager we went to Beijing...which was a TOTALLY different shopping experience! :eek: :laughing:

I love it! You guys looked super adorable in your matching gear. :goodvibes

Thank you!!

:rotfl2: They really are! There's an airline over here that travels to various European countries, and they allow you one carry on for free. So everyone tries to avoid paying for a checked bag (since that's where they try to hit you with the costs) by just bringing a carry on. And I don't see how they can do it! I'm not a minimalist traveler.:rotfl:

I can't imagine travelling exclusively with carry-ons! But my grandmother travels all the time and she never checks a bag. She's been to Asia many times, and to Europe, and she's always off to Florida or Vegas. She packs a couple outfits that can be mixed and matched, and she's good to go!

I don't feel like it's dragging at all. I've been enjoying every update, and my life has been very hectic lately, so I like that I never fall too far behind on the report. However, I understand you wanting to get through with the trip while it's still fresh on your mind and move on to your next vacation. It's always a good feeling to get ahead. :thumbsup2

Thanks for this! Sometimes it's hard to get an idea of how your own report is reading. But you're right that I'm definitely anxious to get things written before I start losing more of the memories.

Mushrooms as the veggie? I feel like there could have been better alternatives...:confused3

Uggh. Surely.

The matching outfits are adorable! A. Dor. Able. And seriously -- if you can't match on your honeymoon, then when can you match? Right?? Right!

Thank you! Definitely the best time in your life for matching clothing. :)

Oh, and we have a drawer full of Mickey straws. We have to get them every trip. Love them!! Just last night, my daughter Sera was drinking out of her Cheers mug we bought in Boston last fall with her Mickey straw. It was picture perfect. LOL!

That's great! I love me a good Mickey straw. We also like to eat popcorn from old popcorn buckets around here.

My first opportunity to enter the AP line after first purchasing my AP the line was crazy long and the others were not. Did I go into said AP line anyway? Um, nope! Sorry, proud to be an APer, but I'm happier to just get in the park. :rotfl:

Really though!! Time is money at Disney!

Good luck with the midterm and have a wonderful time at Disney!!! :goodvibes

Thank you!!

Completely understand about being sad. You make such a good point that we SHOULD feel sad when things like this happen and not start to become immune to hearing about it. I'm sure it will make your reunion with hubby even sweeter. Have a wonderful trip!

Absolutely! And thank you!

Completely understand the feelings of sadness. I never want to become so jaded that I am unphased by these types of horrible events.

I head down to Orlando on Wednesday with my best friend and we're trying to keep positive! You'll have an amazing trip I'm sure and can't wait to read about it here :)

I agree, 100%. And thanks! I'm sure you'll also have an awesome trip—have fun!

Always good to have another trip on the go!!
You got that right!

though I do have some pretty strong views on this particular issue.
I have very strong views about it myself, and I think you did a beautiful job of articulating many of mine :hug:

I think I may interrupt your regularly scheduled programming here to just post the updates for this February trip right here in this thread when I get home.
Yes, please!

Have a wonderful time!!!!! :goodvibes

Well, I'm finally all done school for my break, all packed, and [nearly] all ready to go! I leave tomorrow, and I'm getting very excited!

Of course you are! You're going to Disney!!!!

Always good to have another trip on the go!!

Yes. Yes it is. Mine are so far away... sigh. :(

But this also isn't so much a political issue to me, as it is one of heartbreak and humanity that we can all understand together.

I agree with this. Just heartbreaking.

Being reminded that we live in a world where these horrifically shattering things can happen makes me all the more grateful for my loved ones, including all of you who make up such a supportive community here on the Dis. I'll also be very glad to hug my husband tomorrow, and to finally have some time for us to spend together again! Life is too short, and it's important to make these moments count.

Beautifully said, Meghan.

eyuViQQ.gif

See ya real soon!

Have a super wonderful, magical trip Meghan!! Enjoy every minute!

Well, you are in your Magical Place now! Enjoy! Have a great trip!!!!

These people are passholders, so it stands to reason that they've been to WDW before. Do they really not know that they can enter from any turnstile, and that the idea is that the AP line is just offered as a shorter line option?
I saw this one day on our trip too and thought the same thing! But I didn't document it.

So we ended up being that couple.
I love it!

And the best thing we saw was a giant taco-shaped piñata! I quite literally exclaimed, "Taco piñata!!" when I saw it. It was quite striking.
We have that at our Target so we see it alot!

Love it again!!!!

I've been starting to pack, and I found out something fun! Guess who gained a good 15-20lbs since their wedding and no longer can get into her summer clothes!? This girl!! :laughing:
I am pretty sure I did the same thing. It's like the freshman 15. It's the post-married 15.

We ebb and we flow. It's all about balance. ::yes::
But you seem to have a good attitude towards it!

Hmmm...that it's not really a super accurate statement, but that I still love it and want a #ThankThePhoenicians t-shirt! :laughing: The Phoenicians didn't invent the first alphabet, and whether they had any role in the invention of our alphabet is kinda a topic of interest with thoughts on each side, but they were instrumental in kinda spreading the alphabet around and making it more uniform. And I just love SE. Very much.
I think we looked it up and came to basically the same conclusion. I love that my girls like going on this ride, even though they could easily say it's boring and full of history. So, I will take it! And I do like the Thank the Phoenician shirts!

Again, I hope you are having a great trip!

Yep. Melting. The moment you step out the door. Fun times.

Yeah. I wrote about that. Showered, refreshed.... within two steps of my room, I was soaking wet again.

Perhaps? I've thought this, too. But I'm never going to wait in a long line just to have the nonexistent people who aren't even in the regular lines think that I'm special. Time is money at Disney!

::yes::

They do! You're quite clever, you know!

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Unless it's digital, then it's once. Or it's LED digital, then it's just off.

It really is pretty amazing. And a little invasive. I had mixed feelings.

:laughing:

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way here...perhaps it has something to do with the object of the ogling... :confused3

:rotfl2:

::yes::

That's it! Only the fanciest of folks get scorch-wiped!

Scorch wiping. For the discerning Disney guest.

o kidding! Fake crab is kinda like the hot dog of the sea. :laughing: It's basically fish, ground into a paste, and mixed with flavourings and starch, and the starch is often wheat.

Oh! I had no idea. The things you learn.

Mmmmmm maple popcorn. :goodvibes Sadly, when we went in December they didn't have in Frontierland anymore. I don't know whether they brought it back or not, but I will report back after this week. BUT they DID still have it in Epcot...appropriately at the Canada pavilion.

Yes! Let me know! My tummy is depending on this info.

I made N humour me and take hub-grass-romping photos for days, which I then went ahead and posted on social media, because if I didn't, did it even really happen?

Super cute :goodvibes

And I had the opportunity to photograph a phenomenon that really weirds me out: when the annual pass line to enter the park is longer than all the other lines!

Duh! :confused3

I took a few glamour shots of the Poly grounds on the way.

Beautiful! I could look at Poly shots all day :love:

The veg, however, ended up being an assortment of unfamiliar mushrooms. I'm not a huge mushroom fan, but I'll eat them without much complaining. But these mushrooms were strange, and super salty. N has a love affair with mushrooms, and when he tried them he thought they were gross. :scared: The other side item seemed to be some kind of turnip or other root vegetable...and it was just boiled and left to sit there sadly on the plate. Blech.

Yuck. I'm willing to eat most vegetables, but salty mushrooms sound disgusting :crazy2:

I had FP booked that night, and I also had two other priorities: get PP photos of our adorable matching-ness, and fill our popcorn bucket with maple popcorn from the Frontierland cart.

yyNeWoi.jpg

You guys look adorable!

I will also be arriving in Florida with a heavy heart tomorrow. Being reminded that we live in a world where these horrifically shattering things can happen makes me all the more grateful for my loved ones, including all of you who make up such a supportive community here on the Dis. I'll also be very glad to hug my husband tomorrow, and to finally have some time for us to spend together again! Life is too short, and it's important to make these moments count.

Very well said. I live too close to Sandy Hook and I was shook when that happened. I'm heartbroken for those parents in Parkland :sad1:

Now...for when I return... If there are no major objections, I think I may interrupt your regularly scheduled programming here to just post the updates for this February trip right here in this thread when I get home. (You don't have to read them if you don't want to though! It wasn't part of the original agreement when you signed on to follow this TR! :laughing:) It won't be a full-fledged trip report, so I don't feel it needs its own thread. I have a feeling I'll want to get it recorded quickly when I get back, and then return to the honeymoon re-living bit when it's all down.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip…no matter which trip it is. Have fun!

(It's like the best cure for a hangover is another drink, right!? :thumbsup2)
Um, yes!!!! Sort of like how I realized our already planned and paid for trip to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina in June would take us within 6 hours of Walt Disney World!! And so,naturally, I started planning for a quickie trip to WDW and am already trying to figure out how to make it last another week!!

Life is too short, and it's important to make these moments count.
YES.

Hello from WDW! I'm in Disney today, which is happy. But I'm also feeling very sad. Last night, when I opened up my computer, I noticed that the file I've been writing my December TR in was missing from my desktop. I panicked and started searching for it. I had already written the majority of the TR, and just would have needed to do some editing and add photos. It had taken hours and hours, and I'd written tens of thousands of words. Even though it's just a TR, I'm incredibly upset to say that it's gone. We've checked all the usual places and tried the usual tricks (N is quite the computer tech.) But, of course, I had been neglecting my back-ups, and religiously deleting my trash, etc. At this point I'm really not feeling much like re-writing it all, so I'm not sure whether it will ever become a TR or not. And if it does, I don't expect it will be as detailed as it was when I wrote it all while it was fresh in my mind. But for now, I'll focus on what I have to finish up for August, and time will tell about the rest.

On a brighter note, here's a sneak peak from our current trip...

AiB5zBK.jpg

2yjuGZm.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter