"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
HELLLOOOOO HUMANS!
Welcome to another Meghan-and-Nathan trip report!

I can't believe the day has finally come when I get the pleasure of sharing our Disney Fairytale Wedding (DFTW) and Disneymoon with you all, in...

"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties."

We arrived in WDW (following our road trip) on Aug. 15, were married on Aug. 17, and basked in a glorious honeymoon that we ended up continually trying to extend until Aug. 29. If you have followed me here from my wedding trip PTR, or from one of my previous TRs (linked in my signature for a little light reading!) then :welcome: back!! I'm so humbled and thrilled (and a little surprised!!) that you've chosen to stick with me this long. Disboard friends are the loyalest of readers! I truly do care for you all. And if you're new...oh my goodness YAY! I'm so pleased to meet you! I promise to do my very best to provide you with some entertainment and make the journey worthwhile! You are always :welcome: here! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

My husband (eeek!), Nathan—"N" in my TRs—and I have done a few WDW trips together over the last couple of years, but this one was the Best-Trip-Ever to end ALL Best-Trips-Ever!
dAGEeLg.jpg
CxRr4ca.jpg

We had so many fabulous things planned, and we really managed to go all out to make it the most memorable experience. (I will come back with introductions soon for those of you who don't know us yet.)

If you stick around for this TR with me, here's what I guarantee you'll get to read about...

*A not-too-gruelling retelling of a 3-day-each-way road trip*
*incl. road trip snacks and minimal crankiness*
*incl. the story of how the border guards thought I was sneaking into the US and never going to leave*
*20 Canadians take on the Canada Pavilion in style*
*I wear a full-length wedding dress in Florida in August and live to tell the tale*
*A wedding day that flies by in a flash*
*incl. some special guests...*
*In the span of two weeks we pet both giraffes and dolphins*
*swinging rope bridges*
*So. Much. Food.*
*Also, free mimosas.*
*Also, other free stuff.*
*Okay, let's just say there was a bit of pixie dust included*
*So. Much. Food.*
*Park touring with N's Disney-virgin family*
*We resort/hotel hop four thousand times*
*Actually, it was five, not including hotels on the road.*
*But it felt like four thousand.*
*The Dooney addiction strikes again*
*We celebrate Halloween in August*
*I purchase a plethora of trading pins*
*So. Much. Food.*
*Dismeets!!*
*Occasional cute GIFs*
*And so much more!*

*Oh, and also, I cut off all my hair.*

Exhibit A:
kmlVmbRm.jpg

Exhibit B (taken same day):
TG00x0Am.jpg

In the interest of taking time to really experience things I didn't always take the most detailed notes, and some of the stories have gotten a little hazy over the last few weeks—speaking of which, today marks one month since our wedding day!—but I think I have more than enough to go on to bring you a memorable TR full of fun stories and pictures...you can only imagine how many photos were taken if our guest list included my mother and grandmother, Nathan's mother and sisters, and my childhood best friend, etc.

As some of you already know, along with being newly married I am also newly-returned to school, and have newly become a cat-mom!

(Meet Stacey J. Aswad! She will probably be joining us from time to time on this TR adventure. After all, she loves her Disney Must-Dos!)
ZZVJy2E.jpg

I'll do my best to stay on top of writing this thread and not let life get in the way.

If you've read my past threads you'll also know that we're planning to return to WDW this winter to run the 5K at Marathon Weekend. I think I may include a few PTR-like posts for that upcoming trip on this thread rather than having to keep track of multiple threads at once, and I'll write them in GREEN to distinguish them.
P.S. I've chosen to write this TR in blue since it was our wedding colour! ::yes::

Thanks so much for going on this journey with me, and feel free to chime in with your comments and questions at any time. Your comments are the reason these TRs are so fun to write, and why I enjoy reading so many of your threads, also!

Here we go!!

bBjYTw0.gif

Last edited:
Chapter Navigation Station:
Disney Day 1:

Disney Day 2:

Disney Day 3:

Disney Day 4:

Disney Day 5:

Disney Day 6:

Disney Day 7:

*We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you the following mini report...*

"ENJOY! YUMMY, YUMMY!" — A WDW February Trip

*We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.*

Disney Day 8:

Disney Day 9:

Disney Day 10:

Disney Day 11:

Disney Day 12:

Disney Day 13:

[Disney?] Day 14:

The Non-Disney Days:

An Entire August 2018 Trip PTR in One Post

Last edited:

Wanted to say you have another Canadian follower! I don't post much but loved reading your planning trip report and hope your day was as magical as the sneak pics look and your trip was amazing! Congratulations!

Joining in as well! Happy back to school! I hope Dal is treating you well and Stacey is settling in. :)

tenor.gif

YAY I've anxiously been awaiting this TR and seeing more of your gorgeous wedding pictures
Edited to add your new addition to the family is cute as heck. Congratulations and good for you doing a rescue.

Yay!!! I'm here, too! Can't wait to read all about it :thumbsup2

PS - I'm in school, too, so we can commiserate about that, too ::yes::

Following along! :wave:

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it!!

Still on the first page :cool1:

:welcome:, friends!! So glad to "see" you here!

Wanted to say you have another Canadian follower! I don't post much but loved reading your planning trip report and hope your day was as magical as the sneak pics look and your trip was amazing! Congratulations!

Wonderful—so nice to encounter other Canadian Disney fans on the boards! Thanks so much. We had the most magical day, despite a few little blips, and the trip was so incredible and memorable!

Joining in as well! Happy back to school! I hope Dal is treating you well and Stacey is settling in. :)

:welcome:, Susan! School is overwhelming, as I expected it would be, but all is well. And Stacey is making herself quite at home and has become the new head of the household. :cat:

tenor.gif

YAY I've anxiously been awaiting this TR and seeing more of your gorgeous wedding pictures
Edited to add your new addition to the family is cute as heck. Congratulations and good for you doing a rescue.

:welcome: And thanks—we're pretty proud of our Stacey! You never know what you're in for with a rescue, and we've already noticed a few unexpected behaviours, but she's so sweet and has a lot to give!

Yay!!! I'm here, too! Can't wait to read all about it :thumbsup2

PS - I'm in school, too, so we can commiserate about that, too ::yes::

:welcome:, Tracy!! Oh my goodness, school. :scared: Kidding! Obviously we're the cool kids! 8-) It's going to be a challenge. I took two years off working between my undergrad and my [current] masters degree. But hopefully it'll be more than worth it in the end!!

Jumping in! I'm so excited to see and read all about your magical wedding. Congratulations and happy one month-iversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!