I bought a Breadman Bread Machine at Kohls

MsDisney23

<font color=blue>Has cabin fever-induced dreams of
Regular price $139.99 Sale price $89.99 20% off with Kohls CC, final cost $69.99 :cool1::thumbsup2

Me too and then I had $10 Kohl's cash so it was only $53(oops forgot I had 30% off) for me!:cool1: Not as good as the clearance one someone here recently found at Target- but mine never clearanced it. I was waiting and waiting and then this deal seemed pretty pretty good to me! (in my Larry David Voice)

And on the heavy- I was able to carry it. Bulky- yes. I have not decided yet if I am leaving it out on the counter- probably yes for winter no for summer? I'll let you know.

You guys are tempting me....
Do you keep the breadmaker out on your counter or haul it out when you want to use it? How heavy/bulky is it?

I have a shelf in my garage right outside my kitchen, and I store many different kitchem appliance on it. Very easy and my counters are not clutter.

I have a shelf in my garage right outside my kitchen, and I store many different kitchem appliance on it. Very easy and my counters are not clutter.

You know I am thinking of turning our mudroom closet into an extended pantry for just that reason. You've inspired me. I have several BIG appliances

I absolutely adore my bread machine. We just used it yesterday to make Stuffed Mickey Heads! :cool1: And my MIL just said this weekend she couldn't wait until Christmas for my cinnamon rolls.

I keep it in a lower cupboard and just pull it out when I use it. We don't have tons of counter space, so it just makes more sense (even though it is heavy!).

You gals got fantastic prices -- hope you enjoy your machine as much as I do!

You guys are tempting me....
Do you keep the breadmaker out on your counter or haul it out when you want to use it? How heavy/bulky is it?

Mine gets hauled out when I want to use it, along with the food processor, panini maker, KA stand mixer, etc. :laughing:

The only appliances we have on the counter are a microwave, Keurig and our toaster oven. :)

I just scored a 10 cup Cuisinart thermal Grin 'n Brew, regular price $159.99, sale price $129.99, 30% off coupon plus $30 mail-in rebate means my final cost is $66.68, plus I got $10 in Kohl's Cash to spend! :yay:

I'm running out of kitchen stuff I can score good deals on, there isn't much more I need for my home.

I would love to get some bread machine recipes. I use mine to make pizza crust (5.00 at a yard sale is what I paid). I would love to try more!

why does the budget board always COST me money??

I bought one. I've been toying with the idea for a while and y'all convinced me. Mmmmmmmmmm....warm bread and hot soup in winter. :)

Great deal!

I've had my Breadman for several years now and am quite happy with it. Keep mine on the counter but only because I use it every other day and it's out of the way where it is.

Time for me to buy another 50# bag of bread flour at Costco. Making all our bread has been very economical this year....

PP needs to post that stuffed Mickey Head recipe for us! Pleeeeeease.

This thread has inspired me to pull my bread maker out of storage and start using it...would love it if you'd post your favorite bread recipe. Thanks!

I would love some tried and true bread recipes! Mine always come out way too "heavy".

I found this on the internet and my family has been eating it every day. It's super easy and tastes great.

1 cup warm water
(I get the one cup directly out of the Keurig and let it cool a bit before using)

3 Tbls. sugar (I use white)

2 1/4 or 2 1/2 tsp. yeast (1 packet or measure out bulk yeast)

combine and let sit for 5-10 minutes to let the yeast proof. This creates an airy loaf.

Add:
1/4 cup oil (I use Canola)

3 cups flour
(I use 3 cups white bread flour or 2 cups white bread flour plus 1 cup King Arthur whole wheat flour)

1 tsp. salt

2 Tbls. extra water (not included in the original recipe and not sure why I need to add this, maybe the Keurig is a little less than 1 cup but if I don't add it I tend to have unmixed areas in the loaf)

If all white, I use the white setting and the 1.5 lb loaf size on the Breadman.

With the wheat flour I use the whole wheat setting and the 1.5 lb loaf size.

Push the button and let it go! Makes a good sandwich bread and also yummy bread for breakfast toast (how we usually eat it).

PS. There's a snapware container at Bed Bath Beyond that's the perfect size for storing the bread from the machine.

Stuffed Mickey Heads, please share the recipe.

Absolutely! Here's our easiest pizza dough recipe:

* 1 cup of water
* 1/2 tablespoon of salt
* 1 tablespoon of sugar
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil
* 1 tablespoon of dry yeast
* over 2 cups of bread flour

It's probably closer to 2-1/2 cups of flour; you can add more when it's finished if it's too sticky.

The directions to the heads themselves are at my blog (there are pix over there, too -- I'm too lazy to type everything out again! :goodvibes). (I'm actually going to be posting one Disney-themed recipe/project/activity a week -- if anyone wants to sign up for the (free) newsletter, the more the merrier!)

I'll dig up my Christmas cinnamon rolls and post those here, too, probably after the kids' football practice tonight!

I adore my bread maker. For years I used it as intended, for its full cycle (including baking) then I started using it just for the dough cycle, for pizza dough. Then I discovered I could use the dough cycle to make the bread dough and then take the dough out and shape it, let it rise and then bake it in my regular oven. I didn’t like that the bread I baked in my bread machine was so square and had a hole in the bottom from the paddle. :confused3

I’ve sort of become addicted to the whole bread thing lately. I’m experimenting with some different recipes. I even started keeping a blog about it! (The link is in my signature if you’re interested) There is nothing better than the smell of rising or baking bread. :love: I keep my bread machine in an upper cabinet. It is a pain to get it down but I can’t keep one more thing on my counters, they are chock full!

Mine has been in the closet for far too many years. Now that its getting colder, might be a good time to dust it off and use it. Any recipes low in calories & sugar? Whole grains would be nice too.

I haven't bought bread or rolls in almost 2 years since Santa brought me a Zojirushi machine. I wanted the double paddle machine for whole wheat breads, etc. Also has a delayed timer - I can place the ingredients in the pan and set the bread maker to have the finished product when DH and DS get up in the morning. I also use the machine a lot to make bread dough and finish it in the oven - you get a more delicate crust - which DS prefers.

I found great recipes on the King Arthur Flour website - our favorite sandwich roll is their honey wheat dinner roll recipe. I just form into sandwich rolls.

Recipezaar also has many great recipes - I nice, soft white bread is the "soft as wonder bread" recipe.

Wish I didn't work full time - so I could try out more recipes!!!

Janis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest