I am so confused! Should you use EMH at Easter??

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi :wave:

It seems as though Disney are expecting huge crowds this Easter, with their heavily extended opening hours.

Tour Guide Mike is telling me not to make use of EMH even though we are staying on-site. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Apparently, the EMH park will be packed out for the whole day on its EMH day and it would be silly to visit that park even when staying onsite.

:earseek: :earseek:

What are you going to /would you do?

Thanks for any advice !

Richard :)

we are going at easter and we are going to do early entry. We were their last year at easter and used early entry . I would say if you are early risers do it if not go somewhere else on early entry days.

Hi! You'll hear different views on the use of EMH at busy times (or at any time really). You just have to decide what will work best with your family. Some people go to the EMH park every day. Some people avoid the EMH park every day. Some people do EMH some days and non-EMH parks other days (that's what we do). Whichever way you decide to go, there are a few things to keep in mind:
1. If you do EMH parks, plan to hop to another park when it gets busy, usually late morning. A lot of times we'll stick around until noon, take an afternoon break at the hotel, then hop to another park for the rest of the day.
2. If you don't do EMH, try to go on the day after an EMH day.
3. If you do EMH (or even if you don't) get there at park opening and hit the big rides early.
4. Make good use of Fastpass, even during EMH. It will save you so much time. Grab a Fastpass, then ride a non-Fastpass ride. Grab another Fastpass as soon as you can, before you use the one you've got already. Always have a Fastpass pending.

We always go at busy times, and this is what has worked for us. Happy planning!!

Thanks for your great advice Kaycee ! :) I think we will stick with doing EMH parks and then switching to another resort in the early afternoon.

Richard. :)

We did EE during this past Christmas and there were record crowds...and it did make a world of difference in how much we did and saw...

Magic Kingdom - Sunday
Animal Kingdom - Monday
Disney-MGM Studios - Tuesday
Epcot - Wednesday
Magic Kingdom - Thursday
Animal Kingdom - Friday
Disney-MGM Studios - Saturday

An easy way to remember this is to start with Sunday and take the first letter of the EMH park names in order - it will spell MADE MAD.

The days are the same year-round, with rare exceptions when they change them for special events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter