• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hydration Packs

disneybelle

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever used one of those backpacks with the water bladder while in WDW. I've never seen it mentioned, but I plan on using ne when we visit in August. Mine has a 100 oz. capacity.

I have never used a water bladder so I apologize for not being able to answer your question. When I was reading your post it occurred to me that the water bladders may not be that convent for the parks. I say this because it will be on your back all day, so the sun will hit it and make the water warm, as well as your body heat. So it will no longer be the cool and refreshing drink as expected. In addition to the comfort factor, some rides may not let you on them because you will be wearing a backpack (sometimes they don't let you even put them by your feet). I am sure they will let you leave the bladder by the exit, but I am never fond of that idea because you never know who will come over and take a swig.

Obviously you have more experiences with water bladders so you know what will work. But those were just some fleeting thoughts I had.

My husband and I love our camels. We use them when we mountain bike, but when it's hot and humid, I hate having that thing on my back. I think in the parks, especially in August, I'd rather carry a regular backpack, or one with insulation in it instead of a camel. The regular backpack won't fit as snuggly to your back, so you may be cooler because of that.

As for keeping the bladder cool, ice can certainly be added throughout the day, so I don't think that having a warm drink on your back would become an issue as much as just having a hot and snug pack on.

We have hydration packs which we use when biking and are planning on taking to WDW in June. Our hydration bladder fits into an insulated backpack and that keeps it cold or at least nice & cool pretty much all day. I personally like it on my back on hot days because the pack is cool to the touch and that keeps me cool. I suppose it's just a matter of personal preference.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for all your replies. I plan on using plenty of ice and the pack is just the right size for the essentials.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter