Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista - Anyone stayed there?

GPC0321

DIS Veteran
Just casually researching hotels for possible off-property stays in the future, and this one stood out to me (I have the Hyatt credit card and a good pile of World of Hyatt points, so that's definitely a factor).

No resort fee and offers: free breakfast, free shuttle to theme parks, and free parking.

It's a fairly new hotel.

Anyone with any experiences?

Yup. Stayed there this year. Loved the room! Very well done, modern with just the right colors. I liked having a sofa seating area. Everyone there was really nice, we grabbed drinks each night when we came in and talked to them.

We were ON the go so didn't eat, had our own car so didn't use shuttle ... but I would go back in a heartbeat. Great location too.

It is new.

I used my points to stay at the Hyatt Place Orlando Convention. Liked it a lot (of course I like all Hyatt Places because they are pretty much identical). We used Uber (about $13 each way to any of the parks), but the hotel was a good location for multiple restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Robin, etc). It's right by the huge ferris wheel.

I used my points to stay at the Hyatt Place Orlando Convention. Liked it a lot (of course I like all Hyatt Places because they are pretty much identical). We used Uber (about $13 each way to any of the parks), but the hotel was a good location for multiple restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Robin, etc). It's right by the huge ferris wheel.
Awesome. I have yet to stay at a Hyatt Place, but I like the look of them. The free breakfast is definitely a nice touch, and everything looks clean, spacious, and efficient. I read almost nothing but rave reviews of them.

Thanks for mentioning the cost of Uber too. If it was $13 from the one you stayed in, I wonder if it's even less for the Lake Buena Vista one to the Disney parks? They have a shuttle, but I'd assume it has limited runs, and being able to Uber for a reasonable rate would be nice. (Confession: I've never Ubered. LOL)

Awesome. I have yet to stay at a Hyatt Place, but I like the look of them. The free breakfast is definitely a nice touch, and everything looks clean, spacious, and efficient. I read almost nothing but rave reviews of them.

Thanks for mentioning the cost of Uber too. If it was $13 from the one you stayed in, I wonder if it's even less for the Lake Buena Vista one to the Disney parks? They have a shuttle, but I'd assume it has limited runs, and being able to Uber for a reasonable rate would be nice. (Confession: I've never Ubered. LOL)
I'm sure the cost of Uber would be a little less if you stay in the Lake Buena Vista area, but I opted for the Hyatt Convention area because my son likes the restaurants within walking distance. Keep in mind Uber has surge pricing at times (we found 5-6 pm to be a surge pricing at 25% higher), but you can check that while you're at the park and it is very clearly noted on your app). Since it's $20 a day to park, plus car rental fee, we decided to try Uber in the parks and will do it from now on. The driver just scoots in through the right side of the pay booths through the taxi line and will drop you at the pick up/drop off location. Easy peasy.

Another reason we like Hyatt Place is because the rooms have a small fridge, coffee pot & sink. I ordered Amazon Prime Now 2 hour delivery to get milk and snacks, although the morning breakfast provides milk (you can put it in a provided cup and take it back to your room), coffee, teas, juices for beverages and a huge variety for breakfast foods (bagels, cereals, donuts, bacon or sausage, eggs and a hot sandwich each day like egg muffins or ham & cheese english muffins. You won't go hungry. You can also order food throughout the day at their cafe and it's reasonably priced (burgers, wraps, salads, soups, individual pizzas). Uber Eats is also available in Orlando ($5 service charge and tons of restaurants to choose from @ the normal in-restaurant price). This particular Hyatt Place also had a washer and dryer, but I believe it was $4 each, so we didn't use them.

Also if you decide not to use the provided shuttle - the Hyatt Place LBV is right near the Lynx #50 line and would be ideal if you decide to use the bus. Honestly I spent the last 2 weeks using Lynx and it was convenient - stops at Disney Springs and Ticket and Transportation - costs $2 per person/ride or $16 for an unlimited 7 day pass. Buses are about every 1/2 hour compared to shuttles which are a few times a day in my experience. You can order passes beforehand online which is super convenient.

Also if you decide not to use the provided shuttle - the Hyatt Place LBV is right near the Lynx #50 line and would be ideal if you decide to use the bus. Honestly I spent the last 2 weeks using Lynx and it was convenient - stops at Disney Springs and Ticket and Transportation - costs $2 per person/ride or $16 for an unlimited 7 day pass. Buses are about every 1/2 hour compared to shuttles which are a few times a day in my experience. You can order passes beforehand online which is super convenient.
Oh, that's awesome information. I had read something about the Lynx bus when reading reviews of the hotel, but I wasn't sure how it all worked. So when you say it's "right near" do you mean easy walking distance?
$16 for an unlimited 7 day pass is a pretty good deal.

Oh, that's awesome information. I had read something about the Lynx bus when reading reviews of the hotel, but I wasn't sure how it all worked. So when you say it's "right near" do you mean easy walking distance?
$16 for an unlimited 7 day pass is a pretty good deal.
Totally walkable - almost directly in front of the hotel. I was noticing because I thought I might book it sometimes as it is convenient to the Lynx stop.

According to their website, they are pet friendly, so you might want to consider whether that's a plus or a minus for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!