HW Studios Beauty and the Beast 3/4/24 Performance Cancelled Mid-Show.

wdwphile

Earning My Ears
Midway thru the 11:00 am show the curtain closed and they announced the show was being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Does anyone know what happened?

Last edited:
Midway thru the 11:00 am show the curtain closed and they announced the show was being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Does anyone know what happened?

I was actually there that day for that show. I was sitting right behind the sound box area in the middle of the theater. Right after the Be Our Guest number, a guest came running over saying a family member was having a medical emergency (did not hear exactly what was wrong). Another CM got over to them and the 3 cast members in the sound box all moved their fingers to what I assume was a show kill switch. And they did hit it when it became clear the theater needed to be cleared to help the guest (and their family) having the emergency. I hung back walking out to let crowds clear and the family was definitely getting assessed and would be taken for help. It was definitely interesting watching the cast members in the sound box and how they reacted and were silently giving cues to one another about what to do.

I experienced this at a show several years ago. What happened, I believe, was that the pre-recorded audio failed and could not be restored immediately. Mrs. Potts, Chip, and the others walked off stage and a cancellation announcement was played for the audience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter