Hunky Tuna Tostada - Fall 2017 DR - completed 7/12 - Animal Kingdom Snacks

Great Safari and score on the FoP FP. A Mickey pretzel is always a good carb choice!

Half eaten or not Earl of Sandwich always looks good!

I saw in your replies that you will be in WDW in August same time as Andi and I, we are there 8/11-8/20, maybe we can have a Dis meet:yay:

We are staying At PoP the first 2 nights then 7 nights at WL. We have never stayed at WL so very excited.

I have never put him in a report though because I was afraid to offend anyone :blush:

Well Nathan and I met while working at summer bible camp—though I still consider us fairly liberal and reasonable on most issues—and we both think Space Jesus is the bomb! Nate cracked up when I showed him a picture the other day.

Okay so on this epic Dismeet trip we need to arrange a private Illuminations dessert party with this menu... :rolleyes1 (Can you tell I have been listening to too many Disney Wedding Podcasts?) That would be the best buffet in the history of ever.

Oh. My. Goodness. YES. That would be THE DREAM. Also, I'd love to do a dessert party for Illuminations anyway. It's one of my few regrets from our wedding trip that we couldn't find a way to make it work in the schedule or budget. But then they also just keep putting the prices up higher and higher for these things! Like, it's wild.

and have been binging on Disney Wedding Podcasts (and browsing the accompanying photos) to relax.

Always acceptable. Ah, Carrie Hayward, my queen.

December 23, 2017, or, "I bet you never thought I was going to finish this @*^%$#& thing did you?"

:rotfl:

(Is it a rhino that Stacey calls a chunker munker on the must do loop? :scratchin Looking at you as the resident Stacey expert, @MeghanEmily )

It is!! :goodvibes My favourite is the gorilla who looks like her uncle Phil.

I may or may not have a copy of Must Do Disney downloaded on my computer at all times for regular Must-Do-viewing pleasure.

Yeah, I was ecstatic! We'd come to the park with no fastpasses so getting a fp for Flight of Passage good starting in 25 minutes was crazy luck.

:eek::eek: Amazing! Congrats!

2.) BABY TIGER! I had been dying to see them and I was so excited to finally get to see one, even if he (?) was hiding behind mama.

Yay! We still haven't ever caught them out! They were apparently "hiding in the grass" last time we went through.

The Maharajah Jungle Trek is one of my favorite parts of Animal Kingdom. It's just so incredibly well themed.

I agree. It's so beautiful and just transports you somewhere else. One of the things I'm the very most excited about for our anniversary trip next month is actually an Animal Kingdom photo session, and I've specifically asked for photos in this area.

I will come back with a link when I start my next report. Until then, bye, pals! :wave2:

Looking forward to it!

working on a 2018 trip report over on the trip reports board covering a few different visits, including my bachelorette (wheeee!)

DO IT!!

bArtudg.png

Love that morning light!

And I heard it was the law to post a giraffe pic from every safari.

It is true.

They're real!?!

So cool, I didn't even realize they could get that close!

Whoa so neat! And there's so many of them!

Fastness queen!

Aw it looks like it's eating some breakfast!

The Maharajah Jungle Trek is one of my favorite parts of Animal Kingdom. It's just so incredibly well themed.

Me too! and has the best animals, like the bats!

That's my way to combat work (and life) stress too! Start a new PTR! :rotfl: I still sort of want to do a combo mini one for our Jan 17, Dec 17, and Jan 18 trips.

I have to say... R's burrito might be the ugliest burrito I've ever seen :laughing: Glad it tasted okay. The hash browns look delicious!

Awesome FOP score! Morning safaris are the best I think. So much activity! I approve of your final report picture :thumbsup2

I'm off to check out your FotA thread. We tried to make our way through most of those booths this year.

:rotfl: Yes, I can see it on the menu now:
Christmas Crap in a Glass, $15 - Angel's Envy Bourbon, lightly stirred over ice with whatever junk we could find behind the bar or steal from the closest tree that looked remotely festive. Notes of poinsettia and highway robbery. Recommended Pairing: Wagyu beef with cranberries
OMG you crack me up. Brilliant!!!!

R gets all the cool pictures, check out that giraffe creepin by his head

bArtudg.png
You know what they say about giraffes, in one ear and out the other :-)

Wow, that is close!!!

O2rLjOs.png

Yeah, I was ecstatic! We'd come to the park with no fastpasses so getting a fp for Flight of Passage good starting in 25 minutes was crazy luck.
Crazy luck indeed. We got one on our last trip on the same and am hoping for some good luck in August.

This looks like my kinda breakfast. Think Disney could just Fedex one up to Virginia? I'm in serious need of some carbs after a wee bit wine last night :drinking1

1grk82Q.png

:rotfl:

Hey, I can't help it, it was my last "taste" of Disney! And pretty dang good for a turnpike service plaza fast food option.
Sounds like a good road side option to me!

Well I am finally ON the band wagon and caught up on BOTH your reports!
Yeah!!!!

I think you would! Don't you like sours? I can't do very sour but this is a nice mellow fruity beer that's not sweet.
I DO love sour beers! They are my favorite! I know they are a love it or hate it flavor.

We had an even closer encounter with the Rhinos before making our way over to Expedition Everest standby. While in line, I convinced R to ride Dinosaur with me (he kinda dislikes it but I love it) and so when I went on the app to find a fastpass, I got this instead and nearly lost my mind:

O2rLjOs.png
Lucky You!!!!

Best Breakfast in Disney!

So, my husband is from Houston, Tx. Because of that, we (he) are super picky about two foods: brisket and tamales. We have finally found good brisket here, but tamales are a giant fail. That tamale looks so good! Don't tell me I have to go all the way to Florida to get a good tamale. I mean, it's shorter than going to Texas. . .

Ok, I’m finally starting to get caught up (but of course I’m on my phone, so can’t quote things properly...)

The bed at the Grand Floridian was one of the most comfortable things I’ve ever slept on, it was heavenly!

We love Boma breakfast too! We’re skipping it on our next trip, but I have a feeling Luke will be really sad once we’re at Disney and don’t have a reservation planned for there...

We also thought Nomad Lounge was fantastic! I had the Jenn’s Tattoo (and also the non-alcoholic version of it), and both were delicious! We also had the poutine (so good!!) and the churros (also amazing!).

Ok, now to continue reading...

Yum, carrot cake cookies! Spoiler alert for my dining report- those carrot cake cookies were on our menu at our private dessert party on our wedding day!

Luke and I always talk about wanting to get in line for Star Tours when it’s a 45 minute wait or so. We love the queue and think it’s so well done, but we always end up going through it so quickly since we Fastpass it every time... I love the luggage robot and the Disney Easter eggs to be spotted there (at one point Wall-E shows up on the scanner)

Luke loves La Fin du Monde, it’s sold in 750mL bottles up here.

Your food at F&W looks great! Especially that curry beef, yum! One year I’ll get to Disney for that festival!

If I can ever bring myself to go back to Via Napoli, I need to try that Carciofi pizza that everyone raves about! I enjoyed our food when we ate there, but the service was atrocious as soon as our waiter realized we weren’t drinking.

Ample Hills is so good! I wanted to try the sampler, but the only time I ended up there was on my wedding day while wearing my wedding dress haha....

I love Indian food, your food looks so good from those booths!

I’ve seen those nachos from Capt Cooks in a few other reports before, and I really need them in my life!

Ok, I'm in front of a computer again so I can quote properly - and I'm now caught up to the end of page 4 :rolleyes1

First up, we have my two favorite Citricos selections - the arancini and the cheese plate. The menu describes the arancini as crispy risotto, mascarpone, and zesty garlic poma rosa sauce. ($13). :cloud9: Citricos makes arancini like I've never had it elsewhere. I'm sure y'all are tired of me reviewing this dish, but I cannot resist it. When I'm at home, I crave it. I try to order it other places, cross my fingers, and wish, but it's never *this* arancini. It's incredibly moist - maybe due to the mascarpone? While it is flavorful and cheesy, it still manages to be light. And the tomato sauce is fresh, flavorful, and slightly spicy without being overly acidic. It's simply perfection. Did I mention fried? Because it is. NOM!

Ok, this sounds delicious! I think I remember someone else on here raving about this, it might have been Ariane? I think I need to get my butt to Citricos to snack on these!

cheese biscuit (I don't see a description for this but probably something like "aged grass pastured cheddar handmade royal-inspired scone made with hand-crafted artisan young calf butter")

Hahahahaha, this sounds exactly like a description on a menu at a signature restaurant.....

NUylCM2.png

I hope she never finds this report... but if she does, I AM SORRY SARAH I just had to post this photo because her face so clearly reflects what we all think when the dessert tray arrives!!!

This is fantastic!

v2CMvfJ.png

It was a lightly flavored cookie (cardamom, maybe?) with an incredible fig center. LIKE A REAL FANCY FIG NEWTON, Y'ALL! Which I loved, because I'm a grandma on the inside.

I laughed so hard at the grandma on the inside comment hahaha

Final thoughts: This meal absolutely never disappoints. The special just doesn't wear off, no matter when you go or how often, and the food is incredible from charcuterie all the way to dessert. I love that they are changing up the entree offerings, no matter how I might pine for ye olde chicken cutlet, because it allows the chefs to showcase the seasons. And they did Fall so well with this visit! I am trying to get a CG brunch in on our mini-moon trip. It's an absolute must do for special occasions for us.

I think this needs to move from my possible list to my definite list for an upcoming trip....

Yum! Hippopotomai-tai's!

Going from one end of the spectrum to the other, we followed fancy brunch with Pecos Bill's for dinner.

EVySbRv.png

WDKSwuf.png

Makes sense. I quite enjoy Peco's Bills!

aAQdLg7.png

First up, from the Ireland booth:
Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy – $5.50, Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard – $4.00

Is that.... hot dogs covered in gravy? Because that sounds awesome!

9auJvBR.png

These are seriously so good. Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice – $10.75

This sounds good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts