How's the line for Monsters Inc? Fastpasses available?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
I am planning out our ride schedule for our trip March1-3. We will be doing Cal. Adventure on Friday the 3rd. I thought it would be best to hit Soarin first thing and then when we come out of that grab fastpasses for it to do again later that day.

Then I thought we could do Jumpin Jellyfish, Screamin, Mulholland Madness next. But I was wondering about lines for Monsters.

Should we do that first or will we be okay doing it later in the day or even do it second after Soarin?

Are fast passes available for this ride or are they not needed.

I was saving Bugs Land for the afternoon thinking that the lines are never very long for those rides.

TIA,
Kelly

FP is not available for Monsters. I would suggest going early as it does tend to get a sizable line.

We are leaving for DL this weekend. We plan on hitting Monsters early in the day. I just figured since it's new, it will attract a line. My kids are really excited about this ride.

We got to DCA at about 10 minutes before 10:00 am yesterday. Waited for the "rope" to drop at the backlot and headed for Monsters. Talk about chaos, people were literally running towards the ride. Once we got there, people were cutting into line like it was going out of style. The wait was only fifteen minutes so it was worth it. Before we left the park at 12:30 I checked and the line was pretty long and it was really long the night before.

SANDIEGOFAN said:
We got to DCA at about 10 minutes before 10:00 am yesterday. Waited for the "rope" to drop at the backlot and headed for Monsters. Talk about chaos, people were literally running towards the ride. Once we got there, people were cutting into line like it was going out of style. The wait was only fifteen minutes so it was worth it. Before we left the park at 12:30 I checked and the line was pretty long and it was really long the night before.

Why not send one in your party to Soaring to Fast Pass and then the other to Monsters Inc to save a place in line?

Thanks for the info guys! Laurie, now that I hear that its going to be super busy and popular I think that's exactly what we are going to do. Send a couple people off to get our fast passes for Soarin and everyone else heads over to Monsters.

Kelly

We're going the end of April and I would like to ride Monsters. Does anyone have a guess at how long new rides stay busy? Will it still be very popular and have long lines by then or may it have died off? Does anyone know how other new rides have done?

I got to ride on the Monster's Inc. ride last week. I got on the ride around 1:30pm. The wait time was about 20 minutes to get on but the line seemed to move quickly. Have fun! :thumbsup2

Disney Hot Mama said:
Why not send one in your party to Soaring to Fast Pass and then the other to Monsters Inc to save a place in line?

I've seen people recommend saving a place in line while someone goes to get a FP or use the bathroom but how does that person rejoin the group in the line? Do people in line actually allow you to pass ahead of them? I'm just curious how this works. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter