How Young is Too Young?

Thanks for the info! I’m definitely ok going at a slower pace. All of our past trips have been so hectic and I think it would be nice to have a different kind of trip where we just go with the flow and enjoy experiencing things that he likes.
Then have fun :-) it's truly magical seeing the parks through their eyes.

We took our oldest when he was 8 months. It was a great trip. It was August and hot, but I guess not bad by FL standards. He didn’t have any meltdowns that I remember but he wasn’t overly receptive to any of the attractions. He seemed to enjoy meeting Pooh at the Crystal Palace. So much so that he treated us to a rather unfortunate “Pooh” incident while waiting for a rider swap at ‘Splash’ Mountain (hope you catch my drift).

Our last trip we had 4,3 & 2 yr old kids and it was way more fun as they loved every experience and were able to do much more. That being said, we’ll be back this year with a 3 month old and we fully expect it to be chaotic, but fun and definitely worth it.

Yes, that's exactly what these boards are for and we know exactly what you're trying to ask. So we get it, or at least I think I do. But that's the thing...we're parents, we've "been there, done that". What we're saying, or at least I'm saying, is that no opinion here will amount to a hill of beans for your own child. Even if 90% of us came here and said our kids were reacting in X or Y manner, it wouldn't mean anything to you. Your child is going to react based on so many things we can't predict...nor can you. Generally speaking, at 13 or 14 months, sure they will be able to visually process a lot. But how they will react to it, interpret it, or feel about it is anyone's guess.

Will you have a great time? That's not only dependent on the child, but your family as well. As I said earlier, we enjoyed the trip when our twins were one, but I'd be lying if I said we had a great time. When I think back on it, to me it was a lot of work and a lot of long days. If I had to do it all over again, I'm honestly 50/50 if I would or not. It was fun, but nowhere near as fun as it is now that they're 14, 10, 10 (or before DW and I had kids). But that's just us.

Such an honest response. Love it. There are probably many parents who feel/felt the same.

For me: dealing with a stroller, breast/bottle feeding, diaper changes, the heat (although March might not be bad), the crowds, the crying (from me, not my little one) does not seem like a pleasant vacation.

My husband and I just had a baby in February and we were thinking about planning a trip for next March/April. I want to be able to take our son while he is still free, but we will also be trying for another baby starting mid next year and I don't want to be pregnant while on the trip or have a really tiny baby with us. I've also always wanted to go to the Flower and Garden Festival. So I'm basically wondering is 13-14 months too young to take him to Disney? Will we still be able to enjoy it and will he even be aware of anything at that point?
we have taken grandkids at all ages from 4 months to teens. hardest part of the 15 month age was not being able to walk on their own with the crowds. one grandson did great at that age and the other had a rough time cause all he wanted to do was walk not ride in stroller. just to give you more to think about the grandkid that was the easiest on the trip was the 4 month old and they all loved their trips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter