• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how would you handle your work sched changing from

My schedule changes every term and we just get used to it for the most part. Although last term I had late nights almost every night and we were really glad to see that end. This term I have night classes Wed and Thur for about 4 more weeks then just late on Thur.

Evenings are a pain until kids and spouse get used to it. Good luck!

Deb

It looks like only 1 day (Tuesday) is changing significantly.
Is it going to cause a scheduling conflict for you?

I guess your alternatives would be that:

A) Suck it up and be thankful to still have a job in this economy
or
B) Quit and look for employment elsewhere.

Originally posted by Pam
I guess your alternatives would be that:

A) Suck it up and be thankful to still have a job in this economy
or
B) Quit and look for employment elsewhere.

This is exactly what I was going to post but Pam beat me to it.

was thinking really of what to do with DS11
DH just got home, told him and he said "keep him home, he really doesnt enjoy camp so why bother sending him?"
Told DS though that he will spend time out on the deck, not inside all summer.

I see both good and bad here. The up side is that you would have Sat Sun & Mon off every week. Those long weekends are nice. :D

The down side is that it looks like you are losing about 5 hours per week. If you are paid hourly, that could hurt. :(

What would you have done differently with your DS if your schedule had remained the same? The old schedule has you working more hours and on 5 days. The new schedule only 4 days and 2 of those days you go in at noon.

If I remember correctly you had those issues last year.

Since it looks like you will be home more this summer, maybe you can find a few activities that he does enjoy and sign him up.

I don't think it is healthy for any school aged child to spend the summer just sitting at home -- inside or outside.

I have rotated shifts for 23 years.
Sometimes I work from 5:30 am - 4:00 pm,
Sometimes I work from 11:30 am - 10:00 pm,

and sometimes I work BOTH shifts in the same day -
5:30 am until 10:00 pm (16 hours).

Now what was the question again?

Is it safe to leave an 11 year old home alone?

Oh, I only read the first post. The first post didn't say anything about the child, just the schedule change.

If I am reading it right, the new schedule sounds better. You are working one less day per week???

I agree, that it is not healthy for a child to be alone all day, in the summer, 4 days per week.
I vote for camp.

You may want to check with DSS. It may be illegal to leave an 11 year old home by himself. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter