How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

Just heard back from my planner. She said Bonsai Terrace is available. Hopefully it has a good view. Waiting to hear back tomorrow from the chefs with a quote.

The area near Launch Bay is called Launch Bay Corridor. Venue fee is $250. Food beverage minimum $400. Requires park approval and no fireworks viewing available.

Bonsai Terrace has a great view! It's not super for photos with you in them, but if you're just watching the show, it's a great perspective on it!

0628.jpg

0642.jpg

0643.jpg

Bonsai Terrace has a great view! It's not super for photos with you in them, but if you're just watching the show, it's a great perspective on it!

0628.jpg

0642.jpg

0643.jpg
Thanks Carrie! No photos. Just watching the show. I'm looking into transportation back to Old Key West afterwards. Hopefully save us the bus ride!

Have you heard of Launch Bay Corridor? Sounds like it might be a cool venue. Too pricey for our needs though.

My planner mentioned Launch Bay Corridor to me for my next event, but with no fireworks viewing I wasn't interested enough to pursue it. We should see if we can get some photos of exactly which spot it is, though!

Also, for transport be sure to ask for a town car or an 8-passenger van. You don't need anything pricier than that.

My planner mentioned Launch Bay Corridor to me for my next event, but with no fireworks viewing I wasn't interested enough to pursue it. We should see if we can get some photos of exactly which spot it is, though!

Also, for transport be sure to ask for a town car or an 8-passenger van. You don't need anything pricier than that.
Thank you. I'll be sure to say that. Like you, we weren't interested in the Launch Bay Corridor without the fireworks. Too bad because I think that would be an awesome combination.

Just got our BEO back. They are quoting 130 ++ for the cake. I need to get it down to 90++ to stay at the minimums for food and beverage. I'm thinking shrink the cake to eight or ten inch? May have to loose the Minnie statue. Here is a pic.

image.jpeg
The food is good. We went with the Celebrate buffet which is centred around an ice cream bar. I subbed out the pineapple sauce for bananas. Our fruit salad will be kiwi free due to an allergy. We will have brownie bites and cookies--sugar, chocolate chip and chocolate white chocolate chip. There will be Coke and root beer for floats. No tea or coffee but rather fruit punch, water and those adorable Mickey milks.

If anyone has any pointers for getting the cake price down I'd appreciate them. I thought going simple may help but I'd miss the Disney tie in.

image.jpeg

Thoughts on this one?
image.jpeg
We will be at Bonsai Terrace.

Last edited:
The white chocolate figures start at around $50, so ditching Minnie would instantly knock your cake price way down. You could also shrink to an 8-inch and still have plenty of cake.

The white chocolate figures start at around $50, so ditching Minnie would instantly knock your cake price way down. You could also shrink to an 8-inch and still have plenty of cake.
Thanks Lurkyloo. Heard back from my planner and gave her another design. She is checking with the pastry team. I suggested knocking the size down. I want to stay in the minimums. Our party is a week Monday. I'm a bit nervous that a BEO isn't finalised but I guess we are getting there. There won't be time for me to mail the BEO back to Disney. My planner doesn't seem concerned.

Yeah, that's how my last party went too. I don't think I got my final BEO til about 2 days before!

Yeah, that's how my last party went too. I don't think I got my final BEO til about 2 days before!
Heard back with new cake quote. Down to $75++ with this new design. Ten inch cake not a mini.
image.jpeg

Just need a few revisions to the BEO and we will be all set. I always feel bad doing the back and forth with the planner--feel like I'm bugging her-- but I guess it's expected.

Heard back with new cake quote. Down to $75++ with this new design. Ten inch cake not a mini.
View attachment 192950

Just need a few revisions to the BEO and we will be all set. I always feel bad doing the back and forth with the planner--feel like I'm bugging her-- but I guess it's expected.
The BEO is signed. We got the cake price down to $75++ so I stay within the minimums.

A big thank you to Carrie. You are always such a help. I also am so grateful that you shared this unknown option with us. My family can do a party like this for less money than the Halloween party or one of the traditional parties. It's tailored to our needs and accommodates my dd's allergies. Not to mention the joy of a private venue! Thanks so much for all you do Lurkyloo!

Hi, Lurkyloo! I've been an admirer of your parties for a while - so I'm hoping you might help me out!

I've sent an email already to DCE, but I want to be best-equipped with info when they respond.

I currently have three pontoons booked for Illuminations Cruises following completion of the Marathon during Marathon Weekend in January. Well, Disney Recreation called me today to say that the private boat schedule was being cut back beginning in January and I was losing at least one boat, and possibly two (I booked the last three of six boats available, and they're canceling reservations based on when you reserved them I guess). This just won't work, as we've got already 25 people confirmed for the cruises.

So, now I'm looking at secondary options - which means Private Dessert Party! Everyone was already on-board with paying $35/pp for the cruise, so I don't think changing locations will be a big deal.

Obviously, a dessert/snack menu will be an upgrade over the bagged snacks on the boats. But what about booze - like wine and champagne? Signature cocktail? Do you have to purchase alcohol by package or can it be BOC or even by person during a private party like this? Or is the access to, say, the areas at UK easy enough where I could pay for wine/champagne service (or toast) and then if anyone wants anything else, they can walk out to grab a beer and then walk back in?

image.jpeg image.jpeg Just got back from our dessert party. It was nearly a bust. We had torrential rain and crazy scary lightening. Anyway, dh was reluctant to take us all out in the lightening. Our party was moved inside to a backstage area behind the UK pavilion. Illuminations was delayed one hour.

Anyway the lightening started to let up, we jumped in a cab at 8:05 and raced to Beach Club. Entered Epcot via International Gateway. Our dessert party was set up behind the UK Pavilion.

They did a beautiful job. We had a little private area. The sundae bar was very impressive. There were more cookies--chocolate chip, sugar, white chocolate chip--than five people could eat. We all had root beer floats. The fruit salad was fresh and delicious. My seven year old consumed here weight in maraschino cherries.

We had much discussion over the cake. We settled on a simple design in an eight in for $75. Again this year the chefs blew me away. I ended up with a ten inch, with the Minnie on top. Can't figure that out.

My planner was fantastic. She says we have to start planning for next year.

Hi, Lurkyloo! I've been an admirer of your parties for a while - so I'm hoping you might help me out!

I've sent an email already to DCE, but I want to be best-equipped with info when they respond.

I currently have three pontoons booked for Illuminations Cruises following completion of the Marathon during Marathon Weekend in January. Well, Disney Recreation called me today to say that the private boat schedule was being cut back beginning in January and I was losing at least one boat, and possibly two (I booked the last three of six boats available, and they're canceling reservations based on when you reserved them I guess). This just won't work, as we've got already 25 people confirmed for the cruises.

So, now I'm looking at secondary options - which means Private Dessert Party! Everyone was already on-board with paying $35/pp for the cruise, so I don't think changing locations will be a big deal.

Obviously, a dessert/snack menu will be an upgrade over the bagged snacks on the boats. But what about booze - like wine and champagne? Signature cocktail? Do you have to purchase alcohol by package or can it be BOC or even by person during a private party like this? Or is the access to, say, the areas at UK easy enough where I could pay for wine/champagne service (or toast) and then if anyone wants anything else, they can walk out to grab a beer and then walk back in?

So if you want any kind of booze, you have to pay a $100 bartender charge, which is waived only if you end up spending more than $500 on alcohol. You can then pay for the booze BOC or have a pre-paid package (rarely a good value, especially for a 1-hour event). But even if you wanted a single bottle of wine, they'd charge you the $100 bartender fee. If your party is in someplace near an existing, um, booze booth, you *should* have no problem sending your guests out to get their own drinks at, say the UK pavilion or the France pavilion. I have heard one story of a party where the event guide would not let guests bring drinks back into the event and dozens of stories where they did allow it. That's the way I would go, but then I'm a teetotaler who doesn't see the point of booze at a one-hour function!

View attachment 195887 View attachment 195888 Just got back from our dessert party. It was nearly a bust. We had torrential rain and crazy scary lightening. Anyway, dh was reluctant to take us all out in the lightening. Our party was moved inside to a backstage area behind the UK pavilion. Illuminations was delayed one hour.

Anyway the lightening started to let up, we jumped in a cab at 8:05 and raced to Beach Club. Entered Epcot via International Gateway. Our dessert party was set up behind the UK Pavilion.

They did a beautiful job. We had a little private area. The sundae bar was very impressive. There were more cookies--chocolate chip, sugar, white chocolate chip--than five people could eat. We all had root beer floats. The fruit salad was fresh and delicious. My seven year old consumed here weight in maraschino cherries.

We had much discussion over the cake. We settled on a simple design in an eight in for $75. Again this year the chefs blew me away. I ended up with a ten inch, with the Minnie on top. Can't figure that out.

My planner was fantastic. She says we have to start planning for next year.

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you ended up having a good time despite the crummy weather! Thank you for sharing photos of the cake and the setup. Everything looks delicious!

Has anyone done a dessert party at Eau de France?

I would love some feedback re fireworks and set up as U.K. Locations are booked for my date.

Just wondering if anyone could weigh in on Bonsai Terrace versus UK Pubside for a private catered event. There won't be any professional photography...we will be there mainly to eat and enjoy Illuminations in a more relaxed manner.

Thanks!

I love UK Pubside because it is SO CLOSE to the fireworks. You do have to stand at the railing to kind of get out from under the roof, though, so if you want a more open, expansive (albeit more distant) view, you might prefer the perch at Bonsai Terrace.

@lurkyloo your blog is where I got the idea! It's been SO helpful.

Would you recommend key lime tarts for children? I'm working on a custom menu and unfortunately I have very limited experience with WDW desserts :(

So far I've got:
Fruit Punch (I think I need a more creative option for this)
Mickey ice cream bars/sandwiches
rabbit and queen of heart cake cups
Butter Finger flavored Mickey & Minnie cupcakes
and our rep highly recommends key lime tarts - I just wasn't sure about this options for children!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!