"how to" on room requests

pamkas

Mouseketeer
what is the proper way to go about requesting a certain
room or area before you arrive? how far before should
this be done?

I have never made an advance request, but I have made building requests at check in for both POFQ and CSR and been accommodated nicely both times. If you have a specific room request, I believe you need to fax it directly to the resort a week or so in advance. Not sure how accommodating they are with specific room requests versus building/area requests.

The best thing is to have it noted on your reservation. Many resorts don't read faxes.

The official procedure is to call 407-WDISNEY and have the requests added to your reservation. This can be done at the time you make your reservation, or any time after that. If a travel agent made your reservation, they'll have to add the requests for you.

That's the only way to be sure that a room assigner will see your requests.

The proper (and best) way is to call Disney now - or when you read this, or as soon after you read this that the lines open - and say, "I'd like to add a request to my reservation". Then respond to the CM's requests for information, such as your name, dates, resort, maybe reservation number... then, make your request/s.

Keep in mind, the fewer and more general your requests, the more likely they are to be met. Pop Century example: A request for "top floor" is more likely to be met than a request for "room 1024".

Uh oh, when I made my reservation I asked for: ground floor, Magnolia Terrace and a corner room for our 5 night stay in POR. :rolleyes1

I guess I was thinking it was better to be specific.... ask for what you want.
Maybe, it will look like I am asking for too much and I will get none of my requests.::guilty: The only real important one is the building.

Any suggestions as what I should do now?

Uh oh, when I made my reservation I asked for: ground floor, Magnolia Terrace and a corner room for our 5 night stay in POR. :rolleyes1

Maybe, it will look like I am asking for too much and I will get none of my requests.::guilty: The only real important one is the building.

I would leave it-when you check in & they give you your room..hopefully they gave you SOME part of your request!!! You may even be lucky enough to get exactly what you asked for!!!!!!

Call back and change it. What happens when you get too specific is they try to match "all' your requests and if they can't do that, they might not match any of them.

The chance of being able to give you all 3 is certainly less than just trying to give you Magnolia Terrace. Corner room really limits it as there are not many of them.

I think you would even be safe to ask for Magnolia Terrace, ground floor.

You have now limited yourself to a very few rooms. If you will be happy with a ground level room in Magnolia Terrace, fine. It may be tough to get all three requests. The room assigners try their best but there are only so many rooms that will fit all your requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter