how to get pics from email to send to walgreens to have print make

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I have quite a few pics people have sent to me through my email

but now I want to get prints made-

I did this once but don't remember

so in other words I need to somehow send the pics I have in my email and send them to walgreens to get prints made

I know how to do this if the pics are on my phone or if I put them on the computer from the camera

but cant figure this one out

thanks all oh and Im not good with computers so it needs to be done in basic terms

thanks again

It depends on how it's sent, but usually there's some way to download photos sent via email - whether they're displayed inline or available as attachments. No way of knowing what you use for email, and different tools download files different ways, although most work similarly. Once you have those up you would then upload them to the Walgreens website from wherever you've stored those photos.

For instance, if I use Gmail, there's a way to download attachments although it depends on how it's displayed. If it's inline (displayed in the message) then it's whatever is used to copy/download photos to the computer. On my Mac, that's "Save Image to DOWNLOADS" or "Save Image As" (allows saving to any random directory). There are different ways if I'm doing it on an iPad/iPhone or directly on the Gmail app.

I haven't tried Walgreens, but I've used the CVS, Target, and Costco photo websites. You would need to upload the photo from whatever directory you used. Some of the websites allow for drag and drop of the photo files from a directory window.

Alternately you could download the photos, copy them to a USB drive and then take it to Walgreens.

where do I find this "down load attachments"

I found something that says "add to a favorite"

sorry for all the questions but sometimes they make things so difficult but Ill get this figured out yet

We need more info. :) When you open the email do you see the pics directly in the email? Or are they an attachment you have to click on to see the pic?

Have you tried right clicking on the photo?

::yes:: Yes, that was what I was going to say if it is a pic right in the email, not an attachment down at the bottom. Right mouse click on it. It should say something like, "Save Image As." Or "View Image," which will bring the photo up in a separate window by itself. And THEN right mouse click on it and it should say, "Save Image As." Make sure you know where you saved it to, so you can find it again. :surfweb:

Honestly, there’s really no definitive answer given the background you’ve provided. As an example, I tried on my iPad that I’m using right now. I sent myself a photo and when I view the email (Gmail app) it comes as an inline image. If I hold down on the image and release, there’s a prompt button for “Save Image” and using that deposits the photo in my “camera roll” where I can access it to upload.

This is one of those things where someone with physical access to your device can show you how to do it in seconds. But what you’ve provided doesn’t have enough specifics for a good answer.

If you’re going to be making prints, I’d recommend using a computer with a mouse for basic cropping. Every photo website I’ve ever used allows that, and a mouse makes for more precise cropping.

thanks for all the great tips

Im slowly getting the hang of this

the pics are there when the email opens--it takes a little bit for the email to open--Im assuming its because of the pics

so I right clicked the mouse and a form comes up that says file name--since someone said to remember what folder I put them in Im thinking of

naming baby shower--so if I click that button where does the pic go and how do I find it

so I right clicked the mouse and a form comes up that says file name--since someone said to remember what folder I put them in Im thinking of

naming baby shower--so if I click that button where does the pic go and how do I find it

Are you doing this on a phone or computer? It would be easier to download it to your computer. As a previous person said, there are so many configurations.

I'm trying to find an online tutorials with pictures to help you. Are you on Windows or a Mac? If Windows, which version? Win 7, Win 8, Windows 10?

And what Internet browser are you using? The one that came with the computer: Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge? Or Firefox or Chrome?

Last edited:
the pics are there when the email opens--it takes a little bit for the email to open--Im assuming its because of the pics

Yeah - a lot of email tools still only have photos sent as attachments in the form of a thumbnail (a smaller sized preview) or sometimes just as an icon that you need to download or click on to get a preview. Something such as "Save to DOWNLOADS" just saves it to whatever the default download folder with the name of the file as it was sent. If there's another file with the same name, most tools will then append the name (i.e. pic-1.jpg if there's already a pic.jpg). With something such as "Save As" it will give you the opportunity to rename the picture and/or to choose the directory.

Uploading is the easy part. Some of the tools I've tried allow the customer to perform multiple uploads from the same directory. The ones I like have a little box where the customer can drag the files to be uploaded from a directory window.

If it's on your phone you can go to one of those photo print kiosk machine and through wifi send the pictures to print them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!