How scary is journey to the center of the earth ride?

chanson2

Earning My Ears
I have a timid rider so need some info on the journey to the center of the earth ride. She likes space mountain and test track but has not done Everest yet (at WDW). How would she do? Is journey the scariest ride there? Any others we should note? She also likes dinosaur at animal kingdom so I'm thinking Indiana jones would be fine.

Any hints are appreciated!

If she likes Test Track, she will be fine on JTTCOTE. Both attractions use almost the same technology.

There are some creepy creatures but only one major drop on Journey. I'd say it's pretty mild, 6 year old loved it.
The other thrill type ride is Raging Spirits. Classic roller coaster with one loop. If she's not into coasters you may steer clear of this or at least let her check it out and decide for herself. It's all outside and you can see it easily from the pathway. Have fun!

Like what Mikelan said, if she enjoys Test Track, she should be fine. There is a section in the ride whereby I almost always get a shock. In the attraction, there will be a part whereby you look right and it is raining. During that scene, there will be a lightning with a loud crackling sound. That part gets me often. Other than that, the ride is one of the best themed rides in all Disney parks.

I think the "scariest" ride at TDR is probably Tower of Terror and their version is only 1/2 as scary as the ones in the US since the drops aren't as long/random. I would compare the one actual "scary" drop to something like Indiana Jones drop where the rolling boulder is. In the day it might be scarier only because for the brief 2-3 seconds you can see how high you are then back into the tunnel you go. At night your eyes won't have time to really adjust to the dim lighting to notice how high you really are.

The scenes inside the ride have some monster elements but if she is OK with Dinosaur at WDW then she should be fine with them.

We ride Journey twice yesterday. It was SO much fun!

We enjoyed it more the second time.

The scariest part to me is a rapid ascent through darkness, but its no worse than Space Mountain in that case.

Thanks all! We rode Journey yesterday and it was fun, the drop was a little longer than I told DD but it was fine. She ended up loving Raging Spirits - her first upside down ride. I loved Indiana Jones myself.

We are now in Kyoto, ready to do an all-day tour. Enjoying our time in Japan!

Thanks to all! The posts and blogs have been so helpful

Thanks all! We rode Journey yesterday and it was fun, the drop was a little longer than I told DD but it was fine. She ended up loving Raging Spirits - her first upside down ride. I loved Indiana Jones myself.

We are now in Kyoto, ready to do an all-day tour. Enjoying our time in Japan!

Thanks to all! The posts and blogs have been so helpful

:thumbsup2 Great to hear! My DD loved Raging Spirits as well!! Enjoy Kyoto, there's so much to see. We had an awesome time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter