How scary is Grizzly Gulch

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
My kids will be 8 and 6 and are not big roller coaster fans. How intense is the ride? They have never done Big Thunder Mountain, they have only don't kiddie roller coasters.

My Daughter was 7 when she rode Grizzly Gulch and HATED it. I think it took her by surprise when it traveled backwards. She refused to go on again lol.

In my opinion it's no worse than Big Thunder Mountain, It's very similar except at one part it goes backwards. I really enjoyed it despite it triggering my motion sickness lol.

The fact that this roller coaster went backwards even took ME by surprise! That alone makes it more intense than the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. If your kids only know kiddie roller coasters and aren't big fans to begin with I'd definitely pass on this ride. It's a great ride though, it exceeded my expectations!

For me it was pretty tame, almost too much so, but I LOVE big fast rollercoasters.

I would say it's slightly more intense than BTM, only because at one point it goes backwards, then at another point it shoots off like Screamin' (or Rock n Roller Coaster, depending on what you're familiar with!), but obviously not as fast as that.

If your kids won't do/don't like BTM, I wouldn't count on them doing Grizzly Gulch.

We have not been to WDW or HDL since the kids were 6 1/2 and 4 1/2 and will not be back until they are 81/2 and 6 1/2 so it is hard to base it off of the last time. I will see if they want to do the smallest roller coaster at our Six Flags and if they don't or if they do it and won't do it again then we will skip it. It is funny that I want to hit all of the rides and yet I don't like coasters anymore so I think I have lost my mind. And since someone mentioned motion sickness I might want my daughter to skip it since she gets motion sickness. So been though I have 11 1/2 months to plan, I will put GG and Space Mountain in the category of only do them if the kids ask to. That would work well anyway and let us head straight to Toy Storyland one of our days instead of worrying about stopping at GG.

I thought GG would be like BTM, and i was surprised when i rode it - especially in the front seats. I definitely think it's a little faster than BTM, and a little more intense. The part up until it goes backwards was pretty standard, but the launch and then the last part of track is FAST.

I also did Space Mountain here only because it doesn't go upside down, but i hated the amount of tight fast turns in it - i am a rollercoaster chicken :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter