How scan into Lightening Lanes

Cindylieu

Mouseketeer
I am clear on how to get an ILL or a LL for specific rides. I am unclear as to what to use to scan into the LL at my return time. Can I use both the app (bar code) and also my park ticket to scan? It would be easier, I think, for each person to scan their ticket than for me to pull up the app, find the LL, and scroll through scanning each person's barcode.

I have my tickets through Disneyland's online ordering. So my tickets right now are just a barcode on a piece of paper and a ticket linked in the app. Will they issue a new paper ticket as I go through the turnstile?

Also- any word on when Magic Bands might be coming to Disneyland? That could also make it easier...though I am not sure I want to spend an ADDITIONAL $20 per person for that convenience.

Can I link my credit card to my ticket and just pay like that? Or maybe link to the app and pay that way?
Just thinking of ways to bring fewer items into the park.

As it is I will aready need my phone, charge cord, external battery, and ticket in some sort of case or ziplock. Water and a snack are always needed. The less nonsense I have to fuss with, the better.

I am clear on how to get an ILL or a LL for specific rides. I am unclear as to what to use to scan into the LL at my return time. Can I use both the app (bar code) and also my park ticket to scan? It would be easier, I think, for each person to scan their ticket than for me to pull up the app, find the LL, and scroll through scanning each person's barcode.

I have my tickets through Disneyland's online ordering. So my tickets right now are just a barcode on a piece of paper and a ticket linked in the app. Will they issue a new paper ticket as I go through the turnstile?

Also- any word on when Magic Bands might be coming to Disneyland? That could also make it easier...though I am not sure I want to spend an ADDITIONAL $20 per person for that convenience.

Can I link my credit card to my ticket and just pay like that? Or maybe link to the app and pay that way?
Just thinking of ways to bring fewer items into the park.

As it is I will aready need my phone, charge cord, external battery, and ticket in some sort of case or ziplock. Water and a snack are always needed. The less nonsense I have to fuss with, the better.

You don't need an actual ticket although they will give you one when you arrive. My advice is tuck it into your wallet and forget about it. Use your phone.

You can link a credit card as a payment method in the app. Go to profile and then to payment method. Enter in your card number. You can use this to pay when you mobile order food or use mobile checkout at any of the gift shops that offer that. It's really a cool option. Disney also accepts Google Pay and Apple pay if you have either on your phone so you can use your phone to pay most everywhere now.

As for redeeming LL, you are overcomplicating it. Once you have your party's tickets linked in your app and you purchase LL or Genie+, when it's time to redeem them, your app will display a button that says "redeem" right on the landing page. Its blue. You click it and your ticket bar codes will all appear one after another and you simply insert your phone into the reader and then use your finger to swipe until all barcodes are scanned. You don't even have to remove the phone from the reader to do this. It's faster than scanning individual tickets. Plus, sometimes CMs walk the LL line and ask to see your LL redemption barcodes, because people get in the wrong line all the time.

You will definitely need an external battery pack and cable, and you should absolutely have your wallet with ID and a credit card and some backup cash just in case the systems go down. That's just smart planning. You don't need anything else, though.

You will definitely need an external battery pack and cable, and you should absolutely have your wallet with ID and a credit card and some backup cash just in case the systems go down. That's just smart planning. You don't need anything else, though.

This!! Especially having backup cash on you...in case the cc machines go down. As for the external battery pack, we "recharge" every time we stop for a meal, and while we're in sloooooow moving lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter