How often does DVC update availability?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
I have waitlists in place but have been checking whenever I can to see what is available as well. Does anyone know if availability is instantly available to us to book online or if DVC updates that site at specific times? I hate to be a crazy person checking 18 times a day if its only updated a few times.

AFAIK, availability in the booking tool is updated in real time.
I also believe availability is updated in real-time.

Waitlist is most like!y a scheduled batch run that can also be initiated on demand (by authorized MS personnel). No one here knows the run schedule

I have waitlists in place but have been checking whenever I can to see what is available as well. Does anyone know if availability is instantly available to us to book online or if DVC updates that site at specific times? I hate to be a crazy person checking 18 times a day if its only updated a few times.

Well, I AM that crazy person and when stalking my 8 night stay for last week at BLT LV that wasnt originally open when I booked end of September, I can tell you I had automatic refresh on my computer while on the RAT and had it refreh every ten seconds. I would see inventory change during those ten seconds so I would say it is real time or at least every ten seconds.

Good luck.

OP here. I just spent hours refreshing on my phone and GOT THE EXACT ROOM we wanted. My heart was beating so fast and my hand was shaking so much I thought I would lose it, haha. Thanks for the encouragement. I came on here to tell you guys before my family even :)

OP here. I just spent hours refreshing on my phone and GOT THE EXACT ROOM we wanted. My heart was beating so fast and my hand was shaking so much I thought I would lose it, haha. Thanks for the encouragement. I came on here to tell you guys before my family even :)

I totally know that feeling! ItsIhappened to me a few times and I have a hard time believing what I'm seeing when it does happen!
Congratulations!!

Congratulations!!!!

So happy for you and so happy you didnt need to do for days or weeks and have actual dreams about it, which I and some members of this board have had lol

Enjoy your trip!

That's great!

Today, I was actually able to book a Std. studio at BWV for Dec. 14. I had been following behind the walkers, picking up their scraps as they walked their reservations forward. Today was the first time that I had been able to get in at exactly 11 months. I picked up the 13th shortly after booking the 14th. Someone must have dropped it as they walked at 8 AM because it wasn't there when I snagged the 14th. I'm still missing one night near the beginning of my stay. I have it waitlisted but right now stalking appears to be more successful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter