How often do you go to your local mall?

We live like 5 minutes from a popular mall. I personally go in there maybe twice a year. Around Christmas, and maybe one other time one of my kids will drag me there for something. My teens however go there with their friends fairly frequently, maybe twice a month or so. They go shopping, hang out and grab something to eat there. Lots of teens around here seem to like hanging at the mall. Some things never die I guess.

Our local mall only has one store left, a JcPenny with very little product on their shelves.
Walkers are no longer allowed inside the mall part because it was becoming infested with drug addicted homeless people.
The nearest mall now is about 40 minutes away. A friend said that still has stores and a food court so might check it out this winter.

I miss indoor malls. They were the place to be when I was growing up. We would spend all day at the mall walking and shopping, eating at the food court and going to the movies.

I probably go to the mall now about once every couple of months. Dillards is my favorite store and I love going there in person.

Lots of teens around here seem to like hanging at the mall. Some things never die I guess.
All of the malls within driving distance of me have banned unsupervised teens. Everyone under the age of 18 must be supervised by someone over 21. One of those malls implemented the rule last week and it even includes the movie theater which IMO stinks. I remember going to the movies all the time with my friends when I was a teenager.

All of the malls within driving distance of me have banned unsupervised teens. Everyone under the age of 18 must be supervised by someone over 21. One of those malls implemented the rule last week and it even includes the movie theater which IMO stinks. I remember going to the movies all the time with my friends when I was a teenager.
Ours has that too, after a certain time. My kids and their friends never cause any trouble and no one’s ever said anything to them so if they’re at the mall after that time I just tell them to leave if they’re told to, but no one’s ever asked them to. I’m guessing because they’re well behaved and not bothering anyone. I think its ridiculous to punish everyone because certain groups of teens don’t know how to act

A few times a year. We also walked in the mall during the winter months before we joined the gym.

Not a big on-line shopper.

Maybe 10 years ago? They are tearing down most of it and building 10,000 apartments and a few stores in an open air mall. The weather in Seattle is pretty moderate year round so I never understood the need for an indoor climate controlled mall.

Maybe a couple of times a year. A lot of stores closed in the mall. The only store I'd go to is the Lego store for my daughter and husband. There is another outdoor mall which is very popular. Has all the high end stores and good restaurants. It's a multi purpose space. There are condos on top of the stores, there are also townhouses and single family homes, a valet service for parking your car, movie theater and during the winter a skating rink. They're building another outdoor mall on the other side of time set to open 2025-2026. There has been talk for years not of converting the traditional indoor mall into an outdoor mall but it never passes.

Only when we need clothing or shoes. Anything that needs to be tried on to see if it fits. I absolutely do not understand how people put up with having to send back items repeatedly that don't fit or are not of the quality you want when they shop online.
But at this point of our lives, we don't buy many clothes. Three years into retirement we seem to be on a continuous state of purging old clothing, not buying it. Just found 4 Little League Umpire shirts in the back of a guest bedroom closet. I haven't umpired a Little League game in 20 years, so contacted the Chief Umpire of our Little League and donated them to the league yesterday.

An enclosed mall? I can’t remember the last time. Open aired shopping center? Maybe 6 months? Except for groceries-and shopping on vacation-I shop online.
I just don't get the open air mall concept. Okay, the 3 malls I frequented as a kid I remember were open air, but in the late 1960's they all enclosed the malls.
We have one open air mall near us, and it had a shoe story my wife liked so we went twice. Once when it was 105 degrees, and another time in the pouring rain. It was miserable.

I go a few times a year to Deptford Mall to check out Bath and Body Works when they're having a sale, but that will probably cease now that a B&BW opened up in the same strip mall where I do my grocery shopping. Honestly I go more often to an open air outlet center.

Once a week. It's 5 minutes from my house. I have to go do my TJMAXX/Marshall's run-through. Costco is also attached. I probably go to the other stores about once a month.

At this point in my life practically never.
I'd say maybe 3 times per year when my bestie has a day off and wants to go shopping.
We used to go to 3 malls and 2 stand alone stores frequently 20 years ago because that's what we did for fun.
Now I call ordering a pizza and complaining about life fun lol.

Enclosed Mall = Never. Most of those enclosed malls where I live have gone out of business. A new 'open air' shopping area has opened up recently and seems the wave of the future. Likely lower operating costs since they don't need to heat/cool those large enclosed areas. Gone are the days when people wander aimlessly for hours at an indoor mall. The issue of unruly teens causing trouble has also been an issue. Security can't tell which teens are troublemakers, so it makes sense to discourage those who likely aren't there to shop, but have nothing better to do.

I go shopping when I have things to buy. Open air malls are great since you can park near the stores where you actually plan to buy something.

Ours has that too, after a certain time. My kids and their friends never cause any trouble and no one’s ever said anything to them so if they’re at the mall after that time I just tell them to leave if they’re told to, but no one’s ever asked them to. I’m guessing because they’re well behaved and not bothering anyone. I think its ridiculous to punish everyone because certain groups of teens don’t know how to act
I get ID'd every time I go one particular mall due to how young I look 😭

I agree though. It does stink that the kids that aren't doing anything wrong get punished.

Going back to the topic of this thread, I am surprised at how most people don't go to the mall or say theirs are dead. I go frequently and they're always busy. One of the malls is so busy that sometimes I have to circle around to find a spot.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest