How much time to allow to get to LAX

gdrj

Boardwalk owner since 1999
We are flying out of LAX on Friday 6/28. We are using Supershuttle (Non-stop, just our party of 2). Our fight out is at 9AM. The car is scheduled to pick up between 6:30 and 6:45. Should I request a bit earlier? We also have TSA Pre-check and are flying Hawaiian Air (Domestic)

Last edited:
We always plan to get to LAX long before our flight. We eat in the airport and relax while we wait for our flight. Much less stressful.

It should take an hour to an hour and a half. You are probably ok. You can use maps.google.com and set a date in the future to see what they think it will take. I tried and it said 1 hour and 5 minutes.

We are flying out of LAX on Friday 6/28. We are using Supershuttle (Non-stop, just our party of 2). Our fight out is at 9AM. The car is scheduled to pick up between 6:30 and 6:45. Should I request a bit earlier? We also have TSA Pre-check and our flying Hawaiian Air (Domestic)
I would go earlier myself. It is a Friday which means traffic. Do you know how many other stops the Shuttle will make? Which terminal you will be in? If a later terminal that also will take longer as they drop off other folks first at LAX. That could take another 20 minutes before you actually leave. if it were me I would want to be picked up and going by 6AM.

:wizard:

OP did say it was non stop, and just them. If it wasn't just them thenI would agree with you, that they should start earlier, but given it's non-stop, I think they should be ok, but couldn't hurt getting something earlier.

OP did say it was non stop, and just them. If it wasn't just them thenI would agree with you, that they should start earlier, but given it's non-stop, I think they should be ok, but couldn't hurt getting something earlier.
Ooops, I missed that detail. I agree with you.

We flew out on the 15th. We were at Homewood suites. Our flight was Southwest which left at 11:35. Our driver picked us up at 8:00. We were at LAX shortly after 9. The driver said that traffic was really good that day.

Thanks everyone. I thought between 6 and 6:15 would be better. Our 1st time flying out of LAX plus the flight is to Maui! If I was flying home back East, I wouldn't be heartbroken if I missed the flight.

It should take an hour to an hour and a half. You are probably ok. You can use maps.google.com and set a date in the future to see what they think it will take. I tried and it said 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Thanks I had looked. I live in the Washington DC area and know that the estimates on google are OK until there is an accident etc., and the commute is doubled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter