How many Diser have you spoken to

I have probably met about 75 or so on various DCL cruises---maybe more?

Other than cruises, I can think of 4 I have met in person plus about that many again i have been on the phone with.

None, but will be attending a DVC moonlight magic in April and hoping to run into some DVC/Dis members that i often converse with on here. I guess i should put a pic of me up on my profile so that someone might see and recognize me.

We should have a little pin or something that we all wear so that we can spot fellow Dis people around the park.

I kind of feel that as large as this community is, when we are actually in the park on a given day the number of Dis members is probably rather small.

Quite a few, enough that I can't keep track. Most have been from the Indy DIS meets over the last few years. I also met quite a few on past trips, especially when I would run the DIS October trip groups on Facebook back in the day. I think I still have my orange bandana somewhere!

Over 100. Most of our best friends have been made through Dis meets. Some close, some far away.

Actual members of the DIS Board=4 but then you include 2 of them who had spouses with them; @Micca is one of the DISers I have met :D ; hope to meet more as time goes on. We've been doing meets in our area in the last year. My husband has joined as well.

0. I don't think I'm trusting enough to meet up with anyone irl that I meet online.

I know what you mean, but you don't know what you're missing. Everyone I've met on the boards (about a dozen Disers) has ended being super-nice. However, I can still remember the very first time a Diser offered to meet me-he had a Christmas ornament that I'd sadly broken and wanted to replace it. He had it and offered to give it to me. We set up a time and place in the MK to meet. Well, at the last minute I got cold feet and didn't go. It's been almost 20 years, and I still feel so bad. Everyone else has been so nice when we've met. I love meeting other Disers,especially DVCers, since there aren't any other DVCers around here.

Actual members of the DIS Board=4 but then you include 2 of them who had spouses with them; @Micca is one of the DISers I have met :D ; hope to meet more as time goes on. We've been doing meets in our area in the last year. My husband has joined as well.

I really enjoy meeting up with our group. It's cool how people who otherwise might not have much in common can start talking about Disney and go on for hours!:earsboy:

I really enjoy meeting up with our group. It's cool how people who otherwise might not have much in common can start talking about Disney and go on for hours!:earsboy:
Me too! And it's amazing how the several hours just slip on by when we're all talking about Disney lol..well and the occasional Universal since Aaron and I as well as another DISer frequent the Dark Side :laughing: as well.

None, but will be attending a DVC moonlight magic in April and hoping to run into some DVC/Dis members that i often converse with on here. I guess i should put a pic of me up on my profile so that someone might see and recognize me.

We should have a little pin or something that we all wear so that we can spot fellow Dis people around the park.

I kind of feel that as large as this community is, when we are actually in the park on a given day the number of Dis members is probably rather small.
People used to put a green Mickey head that you would get from Home Depot paint Dept. You would tie to to your back pack or purse or stroller.

Meeting people from the internet is kind of scary so I haven't met any that I know of. But every once in a while someone will post that they are from the same area as me and I wonder if I've ever come across them in my daily life. When I was a stupid teenager back in the 90's I met plenty of people from internet boards and most of them were pretty creepy so maybe that has soured me on it? I had a couple close calls. The heaviest posters on this board seem like really great people though!

I remember the first time I met a DISer I was so nervous. I've met quite a few through the years, and count many as my friends, and some as my close friends. We've visited the parks, cruised together, and had other adventures, including camping. :) I'll always be grateful to the DIS for the opportunity to meet so many good people. :)

I remember the first time I met a DISer I was so nervous. I've met quite a few through the years, and count many as my friends, and some as my close friends. We've visited the parks, cruised together, and had other adventures, including camping. :) I'll always be grateful to the DIS for the opportunity to meet so many good people. :)
Really glad you got over those nerves!!!!!

Or on vacation period...for me.
::yes:: We cruise a lot and I've completely stopped participating in "Roll Call" type threads and never, ever sign up anymore for the Meet & Greets on board. Turns out I'm just not that into making new acquaintances IRL and there was a time or two it seemed we were really letting people down by not wanting to be involved with them over the course of the cruise. Awkward. :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter