How many Diser have you spoken to

I met up with about a dozen people from all over the country and the UK to go to a MNSSHP last year. We all just happened to be traveling at the same time. Had meals and drinks with a few different offshoots from the group. This is 100% out of my comfort zone, but it was so fun and inclusive that I have zero regrets. There are some people I keep in touch with and would like to meet up with again.

Zero, I believe. There is a diser I went to high school with, that I may have spoken to years ago, but that was way before the DIS.

One. This was ages ago and I haven't seen her here online in forever. We met up for snacks at Epcot. At first it was awkward, but she and her husband were really great with my kids, so that helped break the ice. I'd do it again, but I haven't seemed to make any other connections here since her. I've been texting another person on here for months, but our schedules haven't aligned. She lives nearby and we were shooting for a local meetup.

I'm also part of a large Disney community on IG. It bugs me that my friends there are constantly at the parks, yet when I go, I never bump into anyone! :mad:

Maybe a couple dozen. I meet with some Dis folks at home several times a year, I've met some at the parks, went on a Disney cruise with some Dis-ers. I met up with Dan Murphy years ago when I was in Chicago for an event, a very nice meet up!
I count both of you among the DISers I think would be fun to meet someday.

I think you and I, Gumbo, & Low Key represent about 75% of the guys on these boards. You could probably gather the entire population of males at a table at Chili's;)

Chatted with a woman in the club lounge at BWI and came to realize that her son was a certain life-long fan of the CRResort. :rolleyes1

There is one DISer I hear from occasionally. Her daughter is a student in the department where I just started my new job, but she and I have corresponded since her daughter started considering our school.

There is also a DISer that has become one of my very best friends. I "met" her online in 2004 when planning a WDW trip; she was selling spots in her Illuminations Cruise boat. We were both raised in the same area of Massachusetts, even though neither of us lived there anymore. Her degrees are in molecular biology but she was working in food science; my degrees are in food science but I was working in molecular biology. She has 2 daughters, one just a year older than mine and the other is 6 years younger. Anyhow, we went on the Illuminations cruise and really hit it off- well enough to get together at their pool later during that trip (how could I say no to Storm-along Bay?). We've met up with them 2 more times when our trips overlapped by a day or so, twice when they were in Maine for vacation, and once when I was in Philly for a conference (they live very nearby). However, we email at least once a week and have become great friends- still going strong for 14 years!

1 - Before I moved to Texas I discovered thru a random thread, that MrsHeppo Lived around the corner and two blocks down from me, we did meet up in my front yard one day.

I have a very close friend who I communicate with almost daily via text/FB Messaging and whom I am hoping to meet in person this summer. I met her here 10+ years ago and consider us to be dear friends even tho I've never actually heard her voice.

Three. One has passed and another is a good friend to both myself and my daughter. We meet up in DLR if the stars are aligned and we’re there at the same time. I will say that we were all friendly on the DIS but became friends when we became members of other (smaller) forums.

Her name was Kitty. She was extremely nice! At the time, my brother worked for a company specializing in diabetic products and knew a lot of doctors specializing in the field. I gave her my brother's info so she could speak with him about the doctors and things in the pipeline for diabetics.

I've personally talked to so many DISers. Many of my DIS friendships started due to my gift basket business, but my customers became friends. I've meet many of them face to face in the parks or hotels. I consider myself very lucky.

Last edited:
Something really funny happened. About two years ago, I met several ladies who live in my area for lunch. We''d all met through a Facebook group for people in the area. We got together and started talking about Disney. One of the ladies, who had only moved to the area a few months prior, told us that she has asked someone on a Disney message board about the area and that person had helped them make their decision as to where to purchase their home. I asked her the name of the message board and she said it was the DIS. I told her I was a member of the DIS. I was Feralpeg. It turned out I was the one she had spoken to. Over the years, I've spoken to so many people about the area. I had no idea. Now, we are great friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts