How many days do you stay and what onsite resort?

My husband and some friends recently did this! We are also mainly Disney people who occasionally do a day or two at Universal but recently we did Universal only. I know a lot of people love Uni and can do a full week but for me that seems like too much. We did find that we finished everything we really wanted to do in 2 days. I was okay repeating stuff but after a while I was ready to leave. For me the perfect stay would be 4 days. 3 at the parks and 1 day to hang out at the hotel/pool and city walk. We loved Sapphire Falls and took advantage of the bar and pool every night.
I thought we would stay 4 nights and do 2 days parks, 1 day Sea World, and 1 day pool/hotel and City walk.

When we started out, 3 days/2 nights was enough to get most things done.

Now that I have an AP, I stay longer, usually 5 nights. Sometimes all at Cabana Bay, sometimes 3 at CB and 2 at an EP resort. I love walking over to Volcano Bay for early entry, I enjoy pool hopping to RPR and PBH. I have enjoyed some of their extra events - Harbor Nights at PBR (trying to decide if I want to do this with the family in November) and the Caribbean Carnaval dinner at Sapphire Falls. Looking forward to their holiday events in November.

The problem is we can only go June, July, and early August. Do they usually not have discounts during those months?

This year they send to have quite nice summer discounts. At least for some time periods.

OP, we stay at RPR. We love EP and the resort is very nice. We do 4 park days but we like to take our time and often go on rides multiple times.

Good advice here to skip a package. Really wish I had known before planning this trip. I don't know why I got sucked into a package but I did and then making changes became a true hassle. We are staying for 7 nights due to Southwest flights and bargains available on particular dates. I can't tell if this will mean we end up trying to find things to do other than Universal parks but I'm going to try and get value out of each day there. We once stayed at Coronado Springs for 8 nights and it was a bit long. Grateful we get to go to Cabana Bay but nervous. Other than the beach and long weekends in cities, we have not spent a week away from home except for Disney. When my hubs demanded/ insisted we do something beyond Disney- I chose Universal. He thought that was funny. Now he's super excited! Our kids are 13 and 8 so they are tall enough for most everything and they're very excited since we kind of worked too much all summer long up to this point. Have fun planning!

We stay 3 nights at whichever delux hotel has the best price. It’s ususally Royal Pacific.

3 days in the parks with EP is plenty for us. We aren’t resort or pool people, so our 3 days are all in the parks. We go back to the resort to sleep.

If there were a cheaper option that had the easy transportation and EP, wed stay there regardless of theming or view.

We stay 3 nights at whichever delux hotel has the best price. It’s ususally Royal Pacific.

3 days in the parks with EP is plenty for us. We aren’t resort or pool people, so our 3 days are all in the parks. We go back to the resort to sleep.

If there were a cheaper option that had the easy transportation and EP, wed stay there regardless of theming or view.
I was looking at Cabana Bay but with the unlimited EP and better location at Royal Pacific that seems to be the best option.

We did a full week and we still missed things and that was only doing Volcano Bay one time instead of 2. Still was a lot of rushing around to get things done as well to avoid running out of time.

My husband and some friends recently did this! We are also mainly Disney people who occasionally do a day or two at Universal but recently we did Universal only. I know a lot of people love Uni and can do a full week but for me that seems like too much. We did find that we finished everything we really wanted to do in 2 days. I was okay repeating stuff but after a while I was ready to leave. For me the perfect stay would be 4 days. 3 at the parks and 1 day to hang out at the hotel/pool and city walk. We loved Sapphire Falls and took advantage of the bar and pool every night.

We did a full week and we still missed things and that was only doing Volcano Bay one time instead of 2. Still was a lot of rushing around to get things done as well to avoid running out of time.

I def need to go to Volcano Bay!

We didn't find ourselves rushing. I think most of the time we just get lucky? We never really had waits that were longer than 20 minutes and we always use the single rider line if it seems worth it. Also we don't go on everything because we know well be back in a year or two :)

For our family, three full days with park-to-park and express unlimited works for us. We've really enjoyed RPR--the staff and hotel are lovely. By being able to cross parks, enter early and shorten waits, we've done what we've set out to do and don't feel rushed. We have discounted APH rate in August, and have used it in September and January as well. We could get better hotel rates, but have to deal with flights from Wisconsin and don't always have days we want. If I had booked a week, I am sure we would find time to savor HP areas and explore more of citywalk. If you didn't schedule enough days, know Universal will likely be around for another visit. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter