How long does Palo brunch usually last?

DisneyLove2015

Mouseketeer
We’re hoping to try Palo brunch this summer on the Disney Fantasy. I read a blog review that said they were there for over 3 hours . Is that the norm for Palo brunch?? Also, roughly what times is Palo offered on sea days? Our booking window opens soon and trying to figure out what to book when! Thanks!!

We’re hoping to try Palo brunch this summer on the Disney Fantasy. I read a blog review that said they were there for over 3 hours . Is that the norm for Palo brunch?? Also, roughly what times is Palo offered on sea days? Our booking window opens soon and trying to figure out what to book when! Thanks!!

I have done many Palo brunches on all 4 ships, I have never been there for 3 hours.
1 1/2 to 2 hours for us.

* You will love this meal, its not to be missed!!
Enjoy.

It is usually 1.5 hours for us. You could probably stay longer but, like any restaurant, at some point, you just want to go do something else. The service will be as fast as you want it. All plated dishes are made to order and will come out when you want.

They offer reservations between 10AM and 12:30PM.

After your done with Brunch build in some time for a good long nap for the food coma you will be in lol

Depends really how much you want to eat and take your time enjoying your food, of which there is a great deal to choose from and taste. We did Palo Brunch on Wonder in February and it was 2 hours for us and we didn't leave feeling stuffed as we took our time between visits to the buffet. And it was well worth the time and extra expense.

As long as you want it to last, really, but we were there for about 1.5 hours on our last cruise. We had an early reservation for 10:30, so we did one pass at the buffet, ordered a couple of breakfast-type items off the menu, had a light dessert (champagne jelly w/ fruit, OMG), and that was it for us. When we left, our neighbors who were seated at about the same time as us had finished with breakfast and were moving on to heavier dishes, it looked like they were settled in for a long haul. :)

On our Dream cruise last May, we had a late seating for brunch, basically closed the place with a handful of other couples.
But our server was telling us about a woman who travels with different family members (sometimes by herself too) and has done a lot of DCL cruises.
He said she makes her reservation for the earliest time and stays until it closes down. She eats then leaves and will go walk around the ship, come back and eat more...... I thought he was joking, but he said he was serious.

We were there for about two hours and went straight into a private group Mixology class ... would not recommend that because we were all DEFINITELY in a food daze and couldn't truly enjoy all those filling cocktails!

Palo is definitely worth it - there were four of us ladies and we left our experience in the hands of our outstanding waiter! He coursed out six of his favorite entrees off the menu for us to share (they were all the perfect size to split four ways!), and we definitely indulged in many trips to the appetizer and dessert buffets. Plus, the $4 bellinis were amazing!

Guess DH and I are the exception... our last 2 brunches were 3 hours. We pace ourselves and our server always tells us to relax - if we have no where special to be he wants us to stay so he can take care of us. We always request Silvio - he does a fantastic job.

Wait.... $4 Bellinis??? how have I missed that. DH doesn't drink prosecco so I get his as well as mine. I will have to ask Silvio next time about the Bellinis

On our Dream cruise last May, we had a late seating for brunch, basically closed the place with a handful of other couples.
But our server was telling us about a woman who travels with different family members (sometimes by herself too) and has done a lot of DCL cruises.
He said she makes her reservation for the earliest time and stays until it closes down. She eats then leaves and will go walk around the ship, come back and eat more...... I thought he was joking, but he said he was serious.

Wait, you can do that? LOL

Guess DH and I are the exception... our last 2 brunches were 3 hours. We pace ourselves and our server always tells us to relax - if we have no where special to be he wants us to stay so he can take care of us. We always request Silvio - he does a fantastic job.

Wait.... $4 Bellinis??? how have I missed that. DH doesn't drink prosecco so I get his as well as mine. I will have to ask Silvio next time about the Bellinis

Yup! $4 Bellinis! They were on the menu and we couldn't believe, but we ordered enough to be sure!

I wish we hadn't done the Mixology class - lesson learned - because we really would've just rather stayed there for another 45 finishing all the desserts we brought back to the table to try.

Image-1-10.jpeg

We were there for about two hours and went straight into a private group Mixology class ... would not recommend that because we were all DEFINITELY in a food daze and couldn't truly enjoy all those filling cocktails!

Palo is definitely worth it - there were four of us ladies and we left our experience in the hands of our outstanding waiter! He coursed out six of his favorite entrees off the menu for us to share (they were all the perfect size to split four ways!), and we definitely indulged in many trips to the appetizer and dessert buffets. Plus, the $4 bellinis were amazing!
I have a chocolate and liquor tasting right after our Palo brunch which I was thinking about canceling for this very reason! I think you helped me make up my mind.

Our brunches have been both under one hour. I can’t inagine spending much more time there, but maybe I have ADHD :) We eat the buffet stuff, order our food and get dessert. We could be out in 30 minutes but typically relax for about 45-60 minutes total.

Last edited:
I think ours was about 2 hours. We had the last seating (12:30) so there was no reason to rush us out (other than to clean up).

As noted by many above, Palo brunch is a self-paced affair. You can eat as fast as you want. Or you can draw it out. I'd think that most people spend at least an hour there. Probably closer to 2 hours.

Both of our Palo brunches have just been my husband and I, and we were traveling as a couple the first cruise, and with his parents the 2nd cruise, so we weren't using Palo as a break from the rest of our group, or as a gathering. I'm also an educator and can inhale a lunch in approximately 5 minutes. We've generally been out of Palo in an hour or less. We hit the buffet, put in an entree order, the entree arrives about the time we finish the first buffet round, we eat that, get desserts, sit for a few, and head out. We love the food, but we don't do countless rounds at the buffet, stick to just the included beverage, etc. We're not really people who linger. Probably because even 45 minutes for a meal is way longer than what I get for a mealtime at work:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter