How is Ohana These Days?

Capo

Mouseketeer
How is the quality of Ohana's food and experience these days? It was always a favorite pre-covid but I've heard mixed reports since then. What's everyone's thoughts as to the quality now?

We had dinner there two weeks ago. It was our first time in almost 10 years as our DD19 became adult priced.

We finally headed back to squeeze it in before DS9 turns adult priced. I always loved it in the past and this visit was no different. I purposely had a light breakfast and skipped lunch so I was ready for the big meal. We skipped the shrimp since I would be the only one eating it.

Everything was good. I preferred the old chicken but DH liked the new one. Our steak was very well done, which I was ok with. There were two pieces that were still a little pink and those were much better. If I had room I would have asked for a less done batch.

Our cups were constantly being filled and they did ask if we wanted any refills. We tried to have our kids try new things, but ended chicken nuggets and fries from them as only DD6 like the wings.

My only complaint was that we got one plate of dessert so my kids stole most of the ice cream. The bread pudding just isn’t the same without the ice cream. Next time I will ask for just ice cream for the kids.

I do think we will return if staying at the Poly or in MK area.

Went the first week of February. We were a group of four, three adults and one child. Except for the fact that the protein was served in bowls instead of off a skewer, it's back to its previous experience. The fact that you're not waiting on skewers noticeably made the meal faster. The food quality was good. We did specify that we like out beef red, and the waiter provided us a bowl of meat that was close to medium. The chicken was a little dry. We love the pot stickers, and went through several bowls of them (I'd say about 25 pot stickers in total). Our waiter, noting how quickly we went through dessert asked if he could bring us out another one, or one for each of us if we'd like. We went through a second, and he asked again. By that point, we were done.

My wife and son went the last week of March (I skipped due to a stomach bug and knew I wouldn't get my money's worth) and said that it was ok, but not as good as it was in the past. Said steak was overcook and did not care for the chicken.

It pains me to write this as we have always been team Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter