• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How hard is it to get Aulani

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
Is it hard to get Aulani in the 7 month window?

There seems to be a lot of ocean views so I'm wondering if I we were booking next July could we get 21 nights in a studio ocean at 7 months?

We did it at the 7 mos. window for this August which I hear is a very busy month! We wanted and got pool view. Ocean view is the easiest to get. Everyone seems to want standard followed by Island to save points.

BIGGEST TIP, do it on the computer at 8:00am Eastern Time on the day your 7-month window opens.

Thanks. I'll mark that in the calendar

We booked at the 7th month window for a summer vacation in July. Was on the computer at 8am got ocean view for 8 days . Called member services and was able to change to pool view to save points with no problem a couple of days later.

Perfect

I'm thinking because we want to stay much longer then most people it might have been a problem but since it's once in a life time we want to use up all 3 years of points and make it a kickass trip

If you want an ocean view, be as specific as possible when booking. If doing it on line, call afterwards and ask for an un-obstructed ocean view. Been to Aulani twice. Both times asking for an ocean view. First time went well with no problems. Was high up. Second time, a new something was wrong went the man with the luggage took us to the other side. It was more of a view of the parking lot and if you stretch you head to the right, there was the ocean. Even the man with the luggage said it wasn't considered ocean view. When I called the front desk, they were nice, but kept insisting it was ocean view. I used my points for ocean view, didn't get it, and that's what I wanted. After a lot of back and forth, got room change. The higher up, the better, the more specific (un-obstructed) the better.

I'm not sure about Aulani, but at WDW I don't think you can book a 3 week trip all at once at the 7mo mark. I think you'd have to book a week and then a week later book another week, etc. But I could be completely wrong about that.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but are you sure you want to spend 21 nights on Oahu? We loved Aulani, but I can't imagine 3 weeks there. I'd be itching to get to another island with different scenery.

Hi Amy. YA. We are alway go go go on trips. This is our chance to relax. Do some tours and enjoy the things around the resort without cramming it all in

Honestly I don't think we will be back I think this will be our one hawaii trip and there is a lot to do there with out going somewhere. Plus the cost to get there means we won't be going wnuwhere the year after

At the 7th month mark I booked the week leading up to Easter (and including Easter day). We did a OV studio for 2 days and the IV 1 bedroom. No problems

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter