How do you schedule Resort days??

I think your rest day is a great idea. We only did one on our trip and I felt like we did not have enough time to enjoy the resort in a relaxed way. When we go again I would definitely do a couple - and all the more so if I had a toddler to contend with!

We only did a rest day our first trip many years ago. We learned we did not like the option of not going to the parks. Adding two more days cost so little and you can then take all days slower and take afternoon breaks.

We always do 1-2 rest days. Typically we do a rest day every 2 -3 days. I think making sure you get enough rest is the key to having a great vacation. I think it’s worth having a day or two where you aren’t rushing to get from place to place.... plus I have found with my daughter she needs down time to just sit and play and not be on any kind of schedule. We go to WDW at least 1-2 times a year so I am never upset or worried about doing it all. If we went less frequently, maybe I’d feel differently.

Usually on our rest days, we will try and plan a meal at a different resort or Disney Springs.

The only park I find unbearable on weekends is MK on a Saturday. Other that, I wouldn’t worry about weekend days at the parks.

We've never done a non-park day on our previous trips, but we are going to have three for our upcoming trip because we have 13 days and 10 day PH. I have them scattered throughout, one is after MNSSHP. I also will be flexible with them if there is bad weather. I don't have a lot of ADRs and most of them are outside the parks anyway.

Our resort days will be swimming and Disney Springs. Maybe checking out some other resorts.

Thank you to everyone who replied!!

We plan to go Nov or December 2019. We will definitely do the Christmas party so that was going to be our half rest day. I like the idea of half days if it's not much more ticket price.

This past trip we opened and closed the parks almost every day. We had extended family there too but they only did partial days.

Our daughter napped in her stroller during the day and in her carrier at night (people were surprised she was sleeping on me during Happily ever after lol).

I realize these trips are more for my husband and I but my daughter LOVED it. We had 2 character meals so we could avoid character lne but she loved them so much if we saw someone out we waited in lines. She was so excited meeting Mickey and everyone else! Mickey is her favorite. She was not happy when he left.

She also went on nearly all the no height restriction rides and loved them. She would clap at the end (and middle). Lol. We were very lucky that she had no major meltdowns. If she started getting cranky tired I just put her in the carrier and she fell asleep. It was definitely Disney magic. Lol

Our original plan was to wait until she was older for our next trip, but she loved it so much we want to do one more trip before she turns 3.

Thanks again for all the replies. We will need to decide if we want to do half days or 2 days on 1 day off. My weekend idea is out.

Since it will be the holidays,I think we would have plenty of non park things to do looking at resort decorations. :)

We are hoping our next trip will be more relaxing than exhausting.

Growing up, we always took a day to rest/swim, but hat was with 1-2 parks, before the studios.

When I started going, aka mom and dad weren’t paying, I started to do the 2 park days, 1 rest day and then 3 park days. Travel days were a no park day, even if we land at 10:30am!

Fast forward to kids and we bumped it up from 5-8 day trips to 9-10 day trips but I only do 5 park days. This August we have 11 days, and again we will have 5 park days, 1 water park day and the rest are pool days. It ends up being every other day for a park pretty much.

I value my rest time in my old age of 46! I know when we went 5 years ago we went for 10 days so it was 5 park days, a water park day and then 4 no park days. I felt rested and not tired that trip so I am excited to have one more non park day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts