How do you manage multiple contracts?

FrancisK7

Veteran Lurking Mouseketeer
I had multiple offers accepted through different resorts.

I made sure that if I bought two smaller contracts at the same resort they were UY, but not all resorts will share the same UY.

Does this matter at all? Will I have a different DVC account for each resort?

You will have 1 sign-in, but each use year will technically have its own membership. You can see them in the same login and book online, but you won't be able to book using 2 memberships/use years on one reservation.

You can call and transfer points from one membership to the other in order to book one bigger reservation, or you can book a smaller split stay using each membership to book part of the stay.

Each UY is its own membership. It will be like being two different owners.

To use the points together, you will have to transfer. Once transferred, they still retain their own rules so you need to be strategic to ensure they can be used for the trip you want.

Currently, DVC allows owners to transfer between their own memberships more than the once per UY transferring rule in place between different owners.

We have multiple memberships but we just book whole nights on each vs transfers. We also use for different trips so we don’t combine.

Each UY is its own membership. It will be like being two different owners.

To use the points together, you will have to transfer. Once transferred, they still retain their own rules so you need to be strategic to ensure they can be used for the trip you want.

Currently, DVC allows owners to transfer between their own memberships more than the once per UY transferring rule in place between different owners.

We have multiple memberships but we just book whole nights on each vs transfers. We also use for different trips so we don’t combine.
We currently have one contract at BWV that is shared between my wife and I along with my parents. We are planning on buying a Poly contract when they go on sale, but it would just have my wife and I on the deed instead of also including my parents. Would it be anymore difficult to transfer points between those contracts since the names on the deeds would be different?

We currently have one contract at BWV that is shared between my wife and I along with my parents. We are planning on buying a Poly contract when they go on sale, but it would just have my wife and I on the deed instead of also including my parents. Would it be anymore difficult to transfer points between those contracts since the names on the deeds would be different?

Just to clarify, you transfer points between the memberships, not actual contracts.

But, it won’t be any more difficult as transfers work the same way no matter who owns.

One of my memberships includes my adult children and the other two do not. The few times I have moved points, the process is exactly the same.

The key is to understand how it works. If the new contract is the same UY as the current one, that would make it a bit easier because points for each membership would follow the same rules for use, other than home resort bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter