How do you cook bacon?

Microwave.
Its convenient, does not make a mess, the paper towels soak up the excess grease, and the bacon stays flat, cooks fully, and is crisp instead of floppy, and the ends of each piece melt in your mouth.

This thread just reminded me I need to go to Karns to get my bacon this weekend.

They're a meat market/grocery store, it's where I get all my meat unless there's an incredible sale elsewhere. They sell their bacon ends for $1.99/pound and they are SO good!

I cook 1-2#'s on Sunday on my pellet grill, gets us thru the week with quick breakfast, salads & sandwiches for lunches.

Kae

We do ours in the oven then zap it in the microwave to heat it up. Honey cooks about 4 packs at a time, he is on a sort of keto/caveman/all protein type diet.

Always in the oven, on a rack with the rack in a sheet pan. cold oven, set to 425 and turn it on. Thick cut bacon takes about 20-25 minutes.

Isn't the rack a bear to clean afterwards? Or do you put aluminum foil over the rack?

Isn't the rack a bear to clean afterwards? Or do you put aluminum foil over the rack?
I just threw it into the dish washer. I didn’t have a second rack so for the second pan I folded a piece of foil repeatedly making a fan and then pulled it apart to make a draining rack.

I cook 1-2#'s on Sunday on my pellet grill, gets us thru the week with quick breakfast, salads & sandwiches for lunches.

Kae

On the very rare occasion we cook bacon, we use our pellet smoker. No mess and no stinky bacon smell in the house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter