How do you carry on a package of bottled water?

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper
I want specifics! I have searched for answers and even asked before myself but have not received any definite answer:confused3. I have found that the ships water though tasting just fine causes my swelling to get out of control (desalination process???) So I would like to only drink bottled water. Some have said it is easy but do you check it as luggage as is (maybe taped up better), place it in the checked luggage, put it all in your carry on or what?

On Disney I just put it all in my carry on with no problems so think I'll do the same on RCL but wonder if it is allowed. Hard to tell as their policy implies it would not be allowed. I have no problem buying the replenish package if I really can't bring on a whole package. But I've read of those who have taken it on. So how, EXACTLY, did you do it? Thanks for bearing with my stress over this detail:scared:

On RCCL it's not actually allowed.

I have heard that it's really easy to get away with it at Fort Lauderdale, unless it's at Spring Break time when all their ports get really difficult about bringing beverages onboard.

I'm a bottled water person, too; spring water ONLY. I don't do municipal, filtered water at all; most municipal water puts additives in that I don't want.

So on Royal we actually bought a water package for DS (Evian), and bought the Replenish packages for me and DH, which includes bottled water. They tend to use Crystal Geyser for those packages, and that is also proper spring water like Evian.

I might try to bring my own on for our Fort Lauderdale cruise; I would get a case, wrap it tightly in extra plastic wrap and tape, put a tag on it, and give it to the porters. And hope it makes it ot my room. If it doesn't, it'll be Replenish for us again! (our specific cruise is on Vision and they don't have fridges in the room, so getting a water package would be silly because it wouldn't be cold and that's not how we like water)

We are sailing Allure out of Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for the idea. I think I will try both to wrap a cheap case and also to put some pricier (I prefer Smart Water because of the taste) in my carry on. There are ten of us sailing and I am the only one affected by the ships water so no one else wants to share the price of water package. But if both get taken from me then I will just buy a replenish package on the ship. It'll be my excuse to enjoy a latte and the fresh squeezed OJ that I can't seem to justify the expense of just yet. I really want the Ultimate beverage package but I am sure those margaritas wouldn't help the swelling! :lmao:

Quick, probably stupid, question - if you bring on one of those Brita/carbon filters, does that take care of the swelling issue? We have one of those water bottles with the carbon filter and I use it when we travel. I was wondering if it would work here too.

Brita's website doesn't indicate that it filters sodium

In a Brita® Pitcher filter, activated carbon and ion exchange resin work together to filter out the following impurities, leaving you with healthier6, great-tasting drinking water: The Carbon reduces Chlorine. Ion Exchange Resin reduces metals: Copper, Cadmium, Mercury (health contaminants) & Zinc (metallic taste).

Brita's website doesn't indicate that it filters sodium

Shucks....Thanks for doing research bumbershoot. I had looked at prices and they are more than a case of water. Fine if it would've worked but otherwise I love the water in my hometown (high in the mountains) so no real need for wasting that money on something I would not be regularly using. I'll just try my luck on carrying a case on.

I flew with an empty duffle bag in my suitcase to use for water. We bought a case of water and a few snacks in Ft. Lauderdale to put in the bag. I think I took the water out of the packaging to make it fit more easily. I put one of our RC stateroom tags on the bag and it was delivered to our room with the other luggage, no problems at all. This was on the Independence of the Seas in February.

I flew with an empty duffle bag in my suitcase to use for water. We bought a case of water and a few snacks in Ft. Lauderdale to put in the bag. I think I took the water out of the packaging to make it fit more easily. I put one of our RC stateroom tags on the bag and it was delivered to our room with the other luggage, no problems at all. This was on the Independence of the Seas in February.

Sounds good, though I might switch my clothes to duffle and put the water in my hard side luggage so it would be less likely to get smashed. This is also great because you have an extra bag for souvenirs afterward. Too bad the airlines charge for extra bags:-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest