How do you book?

bbel

DIS Veteran
A little background, I'm not new to WDW, I know it really well, but, the last few times I've been I was a CM...So I either stayed with friends or got accommodation through the hub, I didn't need park passes and I got discount on pretty much everything and my flights were booked and paid for by the company...life was amazing and magical and I miss it

Now me and my parents want to go, now I have none of that, or course.
We're looking at Septemberish and we want to stay in site because it's easier for my parents with slight mobility problems, but I don't really have a clue where to start and the more I look the more confused I get!

Where do you guys book? Online? Direct with disney? Through a travel agent? Any deals out there or coming recently that anyone knows about?

And how do you book? The full package? Or flights and rooms and tickets all separate.

Any help, input or ideas for this or just general planning would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I've booked using various methods.
We're now annual pass holders so have two or three trips a year so the following works best for us. I book the flights separately usually with Virgin using my air miles. If I can't get a good deal direct then I'll fly via Atlanta or I'll even use Dublin or Amsterdam as a starting point.
I always use the USA Disney site for the hotel as they normally have excellent discounts for AP holders. I also have a Tables in Wonderland card which gives 20% discount at most of the onsite restaurants.

Before we had APs I still booked DIY. The flights were always done separately and I tended to book the hotel through the Disney UK site.

I don’t have an AP but like saintrob did, I book flights separately and then room through Disney uk. I am however considering either getting an AP / using an American Travel agent/ US Disney site to get the best deal for our next trip as prices seem to be constantly rising!
@saintrob have you found the AP to be cost effective? I think we’d probably make out ok using table in wonderland card alone as we like to eat ( & drink) at sit down places :)

I don’t have an AP but like saintrob did, I book flights separately and then room through Disney uk. I am however considering either getting an AP / using an American Travel agent/ US Disney site to get the best deal for our next trip as prices seem to be constantly rising!
@saintrob have you found the AP to be cost effective? I think we’d probably make out ok using table in wonderland card alone as we like to eat ( & drink) at sit down places :)

We're also DVC members so we get the APs at a discount (and also a renewal discount) so for us the price is definitely worth it. However if you're thinking of two trips in a year I'd certainly consider an AP and look at the hotel discounts offered on the USA site. There's also the AP discounts available throughout Disney which although only 10% can add up for purchases.

We also have APs for Universal which again offer great discounts for their onsite hotels.

Thanks guys! Still looking into everything and working out prices atm

I've done a variety. I've booked through Disney (tickets), booked through third parties and made the components myself?

The last time I visited I booked through BAHolidays as they had a great deal on (esp with us leaving from PMI)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!