How do they pool your meals on the DDP?

lilybeth11602

Mouseketeer
We went last year on the DDP but it was only DH and I on it.This year we are paying for DD and I've heard they show how many adults and children are on the plan but do they seperate your meals too like adults 5 and children 6 or do they pool them together as 11.And also if DH and I use a 2 TS restaurant without DD and she has 2 TS meals left can we use them or do they have to be used on child menu items? Sometimes she wont need a meal and will share with us so can we use them or will it say so many child meals left? :confused3

Just got back and each time I would use the DDP I would tell the CM what I had, ie..2 kids meals and one adult and they would just look at me like I was crazy. :confused3 Then I finally just asked one day if my daughter could use one of my CS adult meals and the CM said it doesn't matter that its all together, she said its mainly for the buffets when they charge the kids a certain price and that is how they calculate gratuity. :teeth: Hope that helps.

Currently, they're not keeping separate track of adult and children meals. You'll just have one total for TS, one total for CS and one total for Snacks.

We haven't been to disney in a while (life has been too busy) and I am trying to get a grasp on all of the new options. This system seems to be so ripe for abuse though.

The way the system is currently set up, there is no such thing as a "child's" or "adult's" credit. There are table service, counter service, and snack credits. Yes, your KTTW will say "A02 C01 if you are 2 adults with one child, but you do not have to eat together. You do not have "your credits" and "her credits". You have credits.

The requirement on the plan is that IF she orders a meal and a child's menu is available, she orders from the child's menu. At some restaurants, she will be allowed to order an adult entree (Le Cellier, for example.) You can go to dinner without her. Or you can go to dinner with her and feed her off your food--they will bring her own plate. In that case, you will not "spend" that credit. Without getting into the ethics of the issue, you could theoretically share with her at many TS restaurants and end up with "her" credits to use at a 2TS restaurant. They are not listed as "child's" credits and you could choose to use them to pay for your meal.

You can also choose to share CS meals.....again, saving credits to use another day.

Do remember that the plan is subject to change at any time Disney might choose....and a logical change would be to separate child's from adult credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter