How Bad will flights be the week before thanksgiving?

Poprivet

Mouseketeer
Everything else is set, 7 nights with DW, DD, SIL, DGD(7) and DGS(4). staying at POP... Now I start searching for flights. 4 adults, 2 grandkids. flying out of Boston ( or prefer Providence ), on Saturday, November 10th returning home the following Saturday November 17th.

We have made this flight about a dozen times but never so close to a holiday. How bad will it be?

I'm thinking we should grab the first reasonably priced, non Stop, good time of day tickets we see?

Usually fly SW due to the option to change flights with no fee. ( if free dining becomes an option we could change week )

Booking flights is by far the worst bart of planning...

Appreciate any thoughts...

Pop

well, they say the days right around thanksgiving are some of the worst travel days, Can I assume the two Saturdays before thanksgiving week will be very busy?
With all the other arrangements between work and family, I hadn't considered that flights might be more difficult for that week?

well, they say the days right around thanksgiving are some of the worst travel days, Can I assume the two Saturdays before thanksgiving week will be very busy?
With all the other arrangements between work and family, I hadn't considered that flights might be more difficult for that week?
You can assume what you want. I would not anticipate the holiday causing problems on the 10th, MAYBE the 17th, but I wouldn't worry about it.

I would NOT limit myself to non stop or perfect times. Look at ALL flights and when you find a price you can accept, book it.

The 10th is the Saturday of Veterans Day weekend. It may be a little tough. The 17th is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. That would be a bit harder to find flights. Neither are the week of Thanksgiving. Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday the 25th are the really busy days.

Should not be bad. We've traveled to WDW 2 times during that time frame with no problems.

I'd buy tickets at your max threshold price (whatever that is). I don't think those are HUGE travel days in November. Most people don't take a full week at thanksgiving, so they don't typically hit the road (or the skies) until tuesday or wed of thanksgiving week.

Using the itasoftwarematrix (just fares no selling):
Itinerary details
Itinerary
Boston (BOS) to Orlando (MCO) — Sat, Nov 10
DL.png

Boston (BOS) to Atlanta (ATL) — Sat, Nov 10
Delta 2626
Dep: 4:00 pm
Arr: 6:58 pm
2h 58m
Airbus A321
Economy (E)
View attachment 303818View attachment 303815
Layover in ATL
3h 57m
DL.png

Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) — Sat, Nov 10
Delta 1418
Dep: 10:55 pm
Arr: 12:29 am
1h 34m
Airbus A321
Economy (E)
View attachment 303816
Sun, Nov 11
DL.png

Orlando (MCO) to Boston (BOS) — Sun, Nov 18

Delta 993
Dep: 7:05 am
Arr: 10:09 am
3h 4m
Airbus A320
Economy (E)
View attachment 303817View attachment 303814
Mileage
  • 2,470 total miles
CO2 Emissions
  • 1,782 kg (estimated by ITA).
Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees)
$219.00
Total cost for 6 passengers
$1,314.00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter