How bad is Mardi Gras week?

rideswithchrist

DIS Veteran
I don't think we will be able to push our 2019 trip back a week and we really don't want to wait until April or May.

Is Mardi Gras week really that much more crowded than February?

Are you talking about the Fort or the parks, rwc? (Not that I think it matters)

Mardi Gras occurs on Tuesday March 5 in 2019 (a holiday that floats) and just about the whole of Louisiana takes that week off (to vacation, to party, etc.) When I used to call on my customers in Louisiana, they were UNAVAILABLE then. And a lot of them go to WDW that week.

It's busy. Not as busy as Easter or spring break (mid-March) for many of the southern school systems.

To answer your question, basically, yes, it is more crowded/expensive than February but given that Disney cuts hours and staffs based on expected demand, it hardly never feels like "low crowd times" any more.

My two cents.

Bama Ed

I am thinking of reserving the week before JUST in case we are able to go since I figure the fort will book up quickly in Feb/March

We were there Mardi Gras week this year and it was the worst crowds I have ever seen ... large international groups as well as lots of folks from Louisiana, Mississippi, etc.
HOWEVER I heard from several people they had rescheduled their trips due to hurricane Irma so it could have just been a fluke. The fast pass line for jungle cruise was out past tiki room part ways to pirates which also had a fast pass line that was outside the normal que area.

I'll be there Mardi gras week in 2019. We were there for Mardi Gras week in 2017 and it was crazy... Princess marathons and passholder weekend..... Crazyness

I'll be there Mardi gras week in 2019. We were there for Mardi Gras week in 2017 and it was crazy... Princess marathons and passholder weekend..... Crazyness

For 2019 they won't also have the Marathon though will they? I don' think we will be able to move our trip back a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter