How bad is 4th of July

robsmom

loved it so much we might go back
Well we have had a tough scheduling year and have finally booked the Wilderness Lodge for June 29 - July 8th. I have never been to WDW in the summer or a holiday let alone both! How bad will the days around the 4th of July really be? I read on the special events section that the parks may close with capacity and if you leave you may not be able to get back in. How likely is this to occur. Not looking forward to having to stay at the park all day, but we planned the longer trip to give us some flexibility so if it becomes a resort day, so be it. I would like to have the right PS"s made. What do you think.

Thanks.

I am curious, too. We went last August 19 - 29. That really wasn't too bad crowdwise, except MK. UGH.... And the heat and humidity. :guilty:

Just wanted to give you a bump up!!

Lives4Disney

We've been a few times for 4th of July (1998, 2000, and 2004), and it really isn't that bad!! In fact, we were there last year June 30 - July 8!! We had a great time!!! Be sure to use fast pass, and you'll do fine! We actually spent the 4th at Epcot. We went in the morning and took an afternoon break, then went back that evening and stayed for Illuminations!!! The special fireworks show with Illuminations is spectacular!!!!

We have not found the parks to be unbearable at all! Yes, they can be crowded, but what works best for us is - we go at park opening and stay til about noon or so, then go back to the room for a nap/swim break, and go back to the parks and stay as late as we want.

We rode many of the rides over and over - with no problems at all! Oh, and I made at least one PS for each day to make sure we could enjoy our favorite places to eat!!! I made the PSs before we left home so I knew we wouldn't have that long of a wait (we never waited more than 5 minutes for our table)!!! We did make a few PSs once we got there, but I had at least ONE for every day! It worked out great!

Enjoy your trip!!!!

We were there July 4 - 11 2002 and the Magic Kingdom was extremely crowded, it was very hard to navigate with the size of the crowds, so we left there and went to Epcot where it wasn't bad at all. We watched the 4th of July celebrations from our room at GF.

After the 4th though, we thought the crowds were pretty light . . .

Have a great time! :mickeybar

How bad will the days around the 4th of July really be?
the days around the 4th arent that bad.
I read on the special events section that the parks may close with capacity and if you leave you may not be able to get back in.
How likely is this to occur.

It isnt just likely it will happen the Magic Kingdom will hit capacity by 10am and it will stay that way all day so if you plan on going to the magic kingdom be there an hour before it opens or else your out of luck.... just take that day really slow watch the second night parade and do rides that you couldnt get to during the first parade and it you want to see the day parade that day stake out your spot an hour or so ahead of time.... but stay for the fireworks because they are amazing on the 4th....
I would like to have the right PS"s made.
unless you eat at a quick service place for lunch or dinner i would make a PS for the 4th as soon as you know where you want to eat that day...

I was at the MK for 7/4/04. Never again. The crowds were unbearable, it was impossible to move. If you're going to be in the parks that day, I suggest you go first thing in the AM and leave by late afternoon. I heard the other parks might not be as crowded, but MK was tough!

We have been there the past two 4th of July's. We went to MGM both times on that day and crowd was manageable. A lot of people say to stay away from MK. This year we will be trying Epcot. The days around 4th of July are manageable at all parks. Just have to use the fastpasses.

We will be there from July 3 - July 8, we are more worried about the heat and humidity than the crowds.

Hopefully both will be tollerable. :sunny:

We plan on same time frame - June 24- July 7
We plan on a PS for both lunch and dinner on July 3, July 4, July 5, and July 6
Try for a Rose & Crown at 7:30 pm for dinner on 4th of July. Great view of the fireworks - even if you do not get an outside table - you can get up from your table and enjoy the view from the Rose & Crown. It may be a PS which is hard to get. But just a suggestion.

Thanks for this post. I was going to ask the same question. We will be there 6/25-7/5 and I am hoping that we will be able to bear the humidity and the crowds. We are used to August as far as the humidity. Was figuring we would avoid MK.

Can't wait! We have to do it at least once, right? :sunny:

On one July 4th it was crowded and hot I mean hot.We had a great time and were glad that we went.We took several water and rest breaks during the day and evening.The crowds relly didn't bother us but the :goodvibes :flower: :sunny: heat took it's toll we were tired puppies when we left.

The crowds are not that bad! Expect long lines around 1pm. Splash mt, TT, ToT, RnR, and MS will have lines over an hour so visit them 1st. It is very hot and humid but we got used to it. You'll have fun not matter what ur in WDW!! :banana: :banana:

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;53;93/st/20050625/e/Our+trip+to+WDW/k/ef44/event.png[/image]
[/link]

1999~ WL
2001~ ASMusic/BC
2003~ Poly
2005~ AKL?? ::MickeyMo

Great thread. :) Does anyone know how crowded the water parks are on the 4th of July? We thought we'd do one that morning, relax by the pool in the afternoon then watch the MK fireworks from our resort (Poly).

We went July 4, 2003 to MK and i really don't remember it being too too crowded. We were celebrating my dad's birthday and had lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table (because, remember those WDW ads where the dad is flirting with Cinderella and sucking in his stomach etc.? well, that's my dad in a nutshell!) The restaurant wasn't really too crowded. I think we may have done some fast passes and watched the Cinderella show but i think we kept it low key. We eventually left the park and came back that night because we wanted to catch spectromagic. Main Street was closed off because of the earlier parade - it was packed. We had to go in through a back entrance by the Tomorrowland stage to even get in the park. But once we were in, we were able to do more rides since pretty much the whole park was lined up for the parade. After the first parade cleared out there was practically no one there. We were able to see the second Spectromagic parade without even lining up in advance on the route. If you time it right and don't mind staying for the late parade, MK really isn't that bad on the 4th! (Plus, they shined red, white, and blue lights on the castle so it looked really neat!)

robsmom said:
Well we have had a tough scheduling year and have finally booked the Wilderness Lodge for June 29 - July 8th. I have never been to WDW in the summer or a holiday let alone both! How bad will the days around the 4th of July really be? I read on the special events section that the parks may close with capacity and if you leave you may not be able to get back in. How likely is this to occur. Not looking forward to having to stay at the park all day, but we planned the longer trip to give us some flexibility so if it becomes a resort day, so be it. I would like to have the right PS"s made. What do you think.

Thanks.
DS18 and I are going to be at WL June 28 - July 6 and we're hoping to get into MK on the 4th and stay all day. We haven't been in over 6 years so I'm getting as much information off this thread as you are! Maybe we'll see you at WL! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! :banana:

You couldn't pay me a millions bucks to go in July. Like another poster said, the crowds, the heat, ARG and ACK!!!! :crazy::headache::(:crowded::crazy2::duck::scared:

We will always go in the cooler months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter