Hotels in Miami-Ft Lauderdale area

Ed T

DVC Member/OKW 1993
Can any one make any recommendations for a hotel in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area that is reasonably priced and in a nice location.

thanks

Ed

Have I got the place!!!! The Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott. First class all the way!!
We stayed there last weekend. Had a gorgeous view of the intercoastal and the 25 million dollar yachts parked right outside our room. I believe the room rate was 149.99. This appeared on our bill, but we didn't pay because it was given to us. Our room was in a prime location. This is a full service hotel with a tower and wings that wrap around the docks. Beautiful pool area/ jacuzzi. A rest. / bar by the pool and two rest. inside that serve breakfast lunch and dinner. Best breakfast buffet in the area!!!! The rooms are very nice with minbar, concirege service is included and the staff is wonderful. getting around is no problem. They have a shuttle to the beach (it's a 5 minute ride to the beach) and the water bus is awsome! You pay $5 a day (or get a multi day pass) and get to all the fun places using this transportation. They also give you the tour of millionaires row along the way.

If you are looking for something laid back , but still nice- Lauderdale by the sea is a nice place. We stayed at the Sea Lord . It's an older hotel , but very well kept. We parked our car and never had to use it while we were there. We hung out by the pool (this is right on the beach) , used the beach, there is a fishing pier and lots of little shops and restaurants (very touristy. but fun). Wehad an efficiency(Ithink they have from regular room to two bedrooms and most rooms havean oceanview).

Lots of the hotels I know of in Miami Beach have been knocked down and replace with
condos. I don't prefer South Beach. It's out of the way (real south) and full of bars, nude beaches, and... just not my scene. Good luck, whatever you choose!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter