and cancel the original reservation. There is a cancellation charge
of $10 or something, but we are staying 5 nights, so it would still
be worth it.

Or should I wait ... maybe the rates will drop even more (going in
early March).

Opinions appreciated ...

Thanks!

Hi !!

I've been in the same situation, and I cancelled my first order, and then I rebooked ( though under another name - another person, who's going with us )
So, I'd cancell - it's really easy, and you'll save a lot of money !!

Hope it works out for U

Marie

Thanks. I guess I'll just rebook and cancel. Can do the re-booking in my husband's name.

Um .... anybody know how you cancel a hotelkingdom.com reservation?

They are pretty specific with the rules on their web site. You can just call them directly. I would find out if they'll just book you with the lower rate instead of using a different name. You might not be out the $10 bucks then.
Jenn

I have gone thru them several times and they are always very accomodating, I would ask to get the lower rate first, they will probably give it to you although they may still charge you the 10, but maybe not. We always stay at the Vistana Villages---if you have not been before,you will LOVE it. Good luck

You should definately call about getting your rate changed rather than cancel & rebook. I say that because I called to cancel a couple of weeks ago and they OFFERED me the new rate plus the 7th night free promotion they had going on at the time (not sure if it's still in effect or not). Anyway, when I explained that we really thought we'd be more comfortable in a 3 bedroom (which they don't offer at Vistana) the gentleman offered to check other properites that would work and even offered to transfer our ressies over to either the new rate or alternate place with no charge at all. It could have had something to do though with the fact that I think I got a manager on the line (just by happenstance) and he didn't want to lose my business. I eventually did call and cancel because we found a vacation home (5 bedrooms, 4 baths, pool & jacuzzi) at a location (less than 2 miles from WDW) and a price we couldn't beat (130.00 per night, pool heat included!). When I called to cancel the 2nd time they just gave me a cancellation # and that was that. The point is, I would let them know you are considering other options. You might be pleasantly surprised at the deal you get! Best of luck to you and have a wonderful trip!

jmet,
Were you not charged a $10.90 per night of stay charge at the time of your booking. Along with the first night of your resort stay plus tax minus the $10.90. This is how TK usually works. The fee for cancelling is then $10.90 with ther fees being credited back to your card. Just curious.

Vistana Villages also charges one night to your credit card, not all hotels do this but they are one that does. If you change your reservation you are not charged again, you are only charged the 10.90 for the change fee.

Sandyneck: We will be there March 9 through March 13 (leaving on the 14). So we'll overlap with you a couple of days!

Bailybrad,
Yes, that's exactly what we were charged. But they did offer to CHANGE (even to a different, sister, property) our ressie without charging us the $10.90 cancellation fee that I figured they would most likely tack on for switching since that could certainly be considered cancelling & rebooking. When we did cancel in the end, we were charged the $10.90 as expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter