Hotel Royal Plaza Please

Emme

DIS Veteran
We are going March 23-30 and I really need recent feedback on this hotel and room types. Mousesavers has the rate of $85 for the lanai room and 115 for the king tower room. It looks beautiful but I need some personal opinions please! What room is better? How is the transportation, is it standing room only? I realize this is peak season so prices are higher, but this is even compatible with the moderates at an AP rate. Please any and all input and experiences, I'm driving my DH nuts! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Emmy

We stayed at the Grosvenor in a tower room for two nights, and the Royal Plaza in a standard room for three nights last month. We actually liked the Grosvenor better--our room was cleaner, a bit larger, and had a refrigerator. The bathrooms in both hotels were very dated, but the Royal Plaza's also had a rather strange set up. It's hard to descibe, but the closet was almost in the bathroom. I've heard their tower bathrooms are nicer.

We paid $47/night plus resort fee for the Royal Plaza. I might stay there again at a similar rate, but would feel like I was overpaying at $85. I'd probably stay just outside downtown Disney for less money. However, you might feel the location and transportation are worth it. We didn't use the transportation as we had a rental car.

we paid over $140 to stay at hotel royal plaza about two years ago, i was disappointed and much preferred courtyard next door at $25 thru dreamres this past october; the shuttle was fine, nice coach compared to regular resort buses w/ hard plastic seats, can't report on volume since we only go off season...the 'balcony' at royal plaza is kind of scary & unusable; the courtyard balcony was private and huge, whole hotel had friendlier atmosphere, but there are many dissenting opinions on these boards...we also like the radisson lbv, just across rt. 535 next to crossroads, it's small but well-run, has a very nice pool and some kind of shuttle service, the rooms were quite large but not particulary fancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter