Hotel for arrival night/near Publix on Universal Blvd.

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, arriving around 9pm at MCO, not terribly late, but I think we'll stay off sight before checking into Sapphire the next morning. Is there a hotel around the area of Publix on Universal Blvd someone could suggest-at first I thought we would stay closer to the airport, but maybe we'd be better off closer to Universal-next morning we could hit Publix then head over to Universal. Free breakfast would be great-thanks!
Just don't want to stay near International Drive at all-too busy for us! thanks!

Doing a quick "google" I saw the Fairfield Inn at 8214 Universal Blvd, or Springhill Suites at 8840 Universal Blvd, both have free breakfast, around $120 a night-anyone familiar with either of these?

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites at the convention center. The free breakfast is good with nice fresh hot options (not a whole lot of premade choices - eggs, breakfast meat, 1other option - but you can make a waffle or oatmeal plus topping bar for each, pastries, bagels/toast, fruit, etc.). Rooms were clean and had nice little sitting, eating, and kitchen areas. No issues with the stay.

We say at the Fairfield Inn on Vineland on our arrival nights - not close to the Publix on Universal but it's about 5 minutes from the one on Kirkman.

We've never had their breakfast, though. We always check out before they start serving so that we can make it to the early park entry ;)

Witch location do you think is better. We can go to the store on kirkman instead of universal blvd. Our main thought is easiness of locating hotel at night, then the convenience to go from hotel to Publix, then onto sapphire falls. Thanks!

We all have different ways in traveling

When I have a late arrival into MCO, I go directly to the UO hotel
If I don’t get there until 10 pm, I know my room will be ready when I check in

I can unpack and be in bed within the hour and do an early start the next morning for the parks

Loews has the 4 Pm check in time so it is easier for me to work around that schedule and check in later

ok, just booked sapphire for the arrival night! Booked standard room with the aph discount was $224.00. Next morning we wake up and we're at Universal, don't have to hassle about dragging luggage out of the car! Thanks everyone! Will have them hold our luggage while hit the parks!
Macraven-what food store would you suggest for picking up some water and breakfast items? (Just not a wal mart!) Thanks!

I use Publix
Some of them are open until
11:00

I have not been in an Orlando Walmart in the past ten years
Only use Publix as familiar with what they have
I shop at Publix when at home

ok, just booked sapphire for the arrival night! Booked standard room with the aph discount was $224.00. Next morning we wake up and we're at Universal, don't have to hassle about dragging luggage out of the car! Thanks everyone! Will have them hold our luggage while hit the parks!
Macraven-what food store would you suggest for picking up some water and breakfast items? (Just not a wal mart!) Thanks!
Smart choice. This is exactly what we always do. The savings are usually minimal and for me it is not worth it to wake up and 6:30 or whatever, check into a new hotel, have them secure the luggage etc. It is maybe a 100 dollars at best. And that is usally an extremely small percentage of what people pay for their vacation.

And there is a whole foods closer to SF compared to publix. You drive “behind” Volcano Bay, pass Wendy’s and 7/11 and there it is on the corner. Maybe 5 minute drive (located on Turkey Lake Road).

Just have groceries delivered via Instacart. You can have food sent from a variety of stores. Total convenience and ease. Whatever delivery charges there are will be less than the likely impulse buys if you go in person. ;) Target delivers too.

Smart choice. This is exactly what we always do. The savings are usually minimal and for me it is not worth it to wake up and 6:30 or whatever, check into a new hotel, have them secure the luggage etc. It is maybe a 100 dollars at best. And that is usally an extremely small percentage of what people pay for their vacation.
Depends on where you are staying. We stay at one of the 3 resorts that have EP so staying offsite for the first night usually saves us $200+ per room - and we often have two rooms with an extra guest charge in one of them. It adds up quick and anywhere to save money is a bonus.

If you are staying at one of the non-EP resorts, the savings would be much less. If you have young kids in your party, changing hotels might be much more of a challenge. All things to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter