Hotel breakfast parking

They should change the parking rules now that they started charging fees. There is no free parking anymore for resort guests, even if you don’t hand over money while pulling into a theme park your still paying for it at the resort. Because your paying Disney for parking I think you shouldn’t have to move the cars anymore after all your now paying to park in Disney lots

And then none of the guests actually paying to stay at the monorail or Epcot resorts would be able to park their cars at their own resort. Everyone at the values and mods would fill those lots in perpetuity.

Please try to remember that you and your family aren’t the only ones having a vacation.

And then none of the guests actually paying to stay at the monorail or Epcot resorts would be able to park their cars at their own resort. Everyone at the values and mods would fill those lots in perpetuity.

Please try to remember that you and your family aren’t the only ones having a vacation.
Oh I know I’m not the only ones there but if people are now paying for parking I just think they’ll be a lot less likely to move their cars

It's not just resort guests trying to park at the MK and Epcot hotels. It's a lot of other freeloaders who don't want to pay to park at the theme parks. If any hotel guest could park at another hotel, especially one located at the theme park, the guests at that resort wouldn't be able to find a parking place then they arrived in the afternoon. Parking at the hotels should be for guests of the hotels or guests with ADRs at the hotel. And once the ADR is over, those guests need to move their cars. Nothing is more frustrating than watching the parking lot at the BW or Contemporary and BLT at closing time for MK and Epcot and see half of it empty out. And I had to park at the very back or pay to valet park because finding a place to park my car while staying at the hotel was nearly impossible.

It's not a real problem with hotel guests parking at the value or moderate resorts because they aren't next to a theme park and there is usually lots of parking. But it is wrong for the freeloaders to park at any resort parking lot to avoid paying for parking at the theme park.

They should change the parking rules now that they started charging fees. There is no free parking anymore for resort guests, even if you don’t hand over money while pulling into a theme park your still paying for it at the resort. Because your paying Disney for parking I think you shouldn’t have to move the cars anymore after all your now paying to park in Disney lots

That’s a great point.

Oh I know I’m not the only ones there but if people are now paying for parking I just think they’ll be a lot less likely to move their cars

Disney charging resort guests for parking has no bearing on this. People have done this for years. But if you want to go there? Deluxe guests pay more for parking fees than guests at the mods and values. Why should they not have access to their benefit because other people don’t want to follow the rules?

Personally I don’t have a dog in this fight, because we rely on Disney transportation and Lyft. But one of the reasons we pay more to stay at deluxe is the location and ease of access to the parks. I really don’t mean to sound like a snob, but if you want to be able to park close to a park, then pay the premium to stay at those resorts.

Disney charging resort guests for parking has no bearing on this. People have done this for years. But if you want to go there? Deluxe guests pay more for parking fees than guests at the mods and values. Why should they not have access to their benefit because other people don’t want to follow the rules?

Personally I don’t have a dog in this fight, because we rely on Disney transportation and Lyft. But one of the reasons we pay more to stay at deluxe is the location and ease of access to the parks. I really don’t mean to sound like a snob, but if you want to be able to park close to a park, then pay the premium to stay at those resorts.
Last trip there I stayed at the poly, I just don’t think the op should have to waste any of their time moving the car from boardwalk to Epcot because no matter where the car is they are paying a daily parking fee

Last trip there I stayed at the poly, I just don’t think the op should have to waste any of their time moving the car from boardwalk to Epcot because no matter where the car is they are paying a daily parking fee
They have left the Boardwalk at that point. If they aren't staying at the Boardwalk, they don't get to park there unless they are dining there. They aren't paying to park at the Boardwalk. If they are a resort guest, they get free parking at the theme parks. So they move their vehicle to the theme park.

They have left the Boardwalk at that point. If they aren't staying at the Boardwalk, they don't get to park there unless they are dining there. They aren't paying to park at the Boardwalk. If they are a resort guest, they get free parking at the theme parks. So they move their vehicle to the theme park.
They don’t get free parking at the theme parks if they are paying a daily parking fee at the resorts. Disney just hasn’t started double dipping yet by charging them again as they pull into the theme parks

They don’t get free parking at the theme parks if they are paying a daily parking fee at the resorts. Disney just hasn’t started double dipping yet by charging them again as they pull into the theme parks
Resort guests have always gotten free parking atvtheme parks just because They were staying add a Disney resort. The fee for parking at a resort overnight us just a new fee.

Your friends staying offsite can pick you up at your resort. Then you wave your magic band at the theme park parking lot and get to park for free.

So where are the guests specifically paying for parking at the Boardwalk supposed to do when the lot is full? The parking fee paid is for a specific resort, it is not parking access property wide.

That wouldn't work. The reason for the rule against using the resort lots for theme park parking is partly about money, yes. They want offsite guests paying those parking fees in the theme park lots.

But the much more important reason is the size of the parking lots. GF has about 900 rooms. Polynesian, roughly the same. CR and BLT together, 1100-ish. So all together, the monorail resorts have close to 3000 rooms. With parking lots that are sized appropriately for the number of guests at each resort, with a little wiggle room for people coming to visit and dine and go to conventions.

That means that there are guests in 30,000+ Disney resort rooms that are NOT on the monorail. Most of them would love to park in a monorail resort lot when visiting the MK or Epcot. If even a few hundred of those cars descended on the GF parking lot one day...yikes. People who are paying hundreds of dollars a night to stay at GF can't find a parking space. People who are paying big bucks to attend meetings at the GF convention center can't find a space.

Each resort wants to ensure a good experience for their own paying guests. The GF management doesn't care if a guest in their parking lot paid to park at POR. They don't get any of that money, and all that car is doing is taking up a space that one of their guests could be using. They're happy to have you there while you're spending money in GF shops and restaurants, but once you've moved on to a theme park, they want your car gone, too.

Resort guests have always gotten free parking atvtheme parks just because They were staying add a Disney resort. The fee for parking at a resort overnight us just a new fee.

Your friends staying offsite can pick you up at your resort. Then you wave your magic band at the theme park parking lot and get to park for free.
Resort guest used to get free parking at the theme park but not anymore, they are paying the fee to the resort. It’s up to Disney’s gouging department to figure out a way to close that other loophole of offsite people using onsite magic bands
So where are the guests specifically paying for parking at the Boardwalk supposed to do when the lot is full? The parking fee paid is for a specific resort, it is not parking access property wide.
i understand and see how that’s a problem I just think it’s more Disney’s fault for charging the fee than it is the person who is leaving their car behind after paying the fee
That wouldn't work. The reason for the rule against using the resort lots for theme park parking is partly about money, yes. They want offsite guests paying those parking fees in the theme park lots.

But the much more important reason is the size of the parking lots. GF has about 900 rooms. Polynesian, roughly the same. CR and BLT together, 1100-ish. So all together, the monorail resorts have close to 3000 rooms. With parking lots that are sized appropriately for the number of guests at each resort, with a little wiggle room for people coming to visit and dine and go to conventions.

That means that there are guests in 30,000+ Disney resort rooms that are NOT on the monorail. Most of them would love to park in a monorail resort lot when visiting the MK or Epcot. If even a few hundred of those cars descended on the GF parking lot one day...yikes. People who are paying hundreds of dollars a night to stay at GF can't find a parking space. People who are paying big bucks to attend meetings at the GF convention center can't find a space.

Each resort wants to ensure a good experience for their own paying guests. The GF management doesn't care if a guest in their parking lot paid to park at POR. They don't get any of that money, and all that car is doing is taking up a space that one of their guests could be using. They're happy to have you there while you're spending money in GF shops and restaurants, but once you've moved on to a theme park, they want your car gone, too.
It’s only about money, otherwise Disney would have a better system in place to enforce the parking rules. They don’t spend anything to keep off-site people from parking in theses lots because there is no profit in that so why would they spend anything to enforce it on paying guests

It’s only about money, otherwise Disney would have a better system in place to enforce the parking rules. They don’t spend anything to keep off-site people from parking in theses lots because there is no profit in that so why would they spend anything to enforce it on paying guests

Sure they spend money to control parking. They have guard shacks at entrances to the resort lots that are manned 24/7. They have gates. Sometimes they give out timed parking passes. They've been known to tow cars that linger too long in a resort lot.

To be clear, it's not that they don't want non-guests in resort lots. They have no problem with onsite or offsite guests parking in their lots while they use the resort's facilities. They just don't want people parking in their lots and going elsewhere.

Sure they spend money to control parking. They have guard shacks at entrances to the resort lots that are manned 24/7. They have gates. Sometimes they give out timed parking passes. They've been known to tow cars that linger too long in a resort lot.

To be clear, it's not that they don't want non-guests in resort lots. They have no problem with onsite or offsite guests parking in their lots while they use the resort's facilities. They just don't want people parking in their lots and going elsewhere.
The only thing I’ve ever seen is the guard shack, I’ve never seen anybody in the lots looking for passes in the windshield or anywhere. Last trip I went to poly and got a parking pass but the trip before that I was at wilderness lodge for a week (3 years ago) no parking pass for my car and never needed it because there wasn’t anyone checking. I know what the barely if at all enforced policy is, I’m just saying I expect a lot more people to abuse it because there is no one watching and they can justify it by saying well I’m paying daily to park in a Disney lot anyway and this is a Disney lot so I’m just gonna leave it here.

Last edited:
... I’m just saying I expect a lot more people to abuse it because there is no one watching and they can justify it by saying well I’m paying daily to park in a Disney lot anyway and this is a Disney lot so I’m just gonna leave it here.
That's some stretch. Why not just "I paid for a room in a Disney resort, so I'm just going sleep at the GF instead."

Resort guest used to get free parking at the theme park but not anymore, they are paying the fee to the resort.
Incorect. If Disney were charging resort guests for park parking, there would be a flat fee.

Resorts is a separately operated department from Parks.
The only thing I’ve ever seen is the guard shack, I’ve never seen anybody in the lots looking for passes in the windshield or anywhere.
:confused3 I've never seen a tornado. Doesn't mean tornados don't occur. You've never seen anyone patrolling d's resort parking lot. Doesn't mean patrolling (or however-occasional towing) doesn't occur.

Incorect. If Disney were charging resort guests for park parking, there would be a flat fee.

Resorts is a separately operated department from Parks.

:confused3 I've never seen a tornado. Doesn't mean tornados don't occur. You've never seen anyone patrolling d's resort parking lot. Doesn't mean patrolling (or however-occasional towing) doesn't occur.
First statement makes no sense, both departments are under Disney, there isn't one controlled by an outside party your still paying a daily fee for every day your there even if your car is in the theme park lot for most of the day or not. The other comment about not seeing it so it doesn't exist is just as bad. We all see the locals fill up the lots around the monorail resorts everyday and come back and retrieve there cars when the park closes if Disney did start towing cars this wouldn't be as much of a problem the only time they attempt to stop it is on major holidays when they are pulling in more cash

That's some stretch. Why not just "I paid for a room in a Disney resort, so I'm just going sleep at the GF instead."
Those lots have a lot of local cars staying there everyday who aren't paying anything and nothing happens to them, if it did they wouldn't park there. So I can totally see someone who is now paying a daily parking fee doing the same

First statement makes no sense, both departments are under Disney,
Different divisions. Different operations. Different management (yes, under the Disney umbrella, but that's like saying DisneyLand and Disney World are the same), different budgets, different systems...
The other comment about not seeing it so it doesn't exist is just as bad. We all see the locals fill up the lots around the monorail resorts everyday and come back and retrieve there cars when the park closes if Disney did start towing cars this wouldn't be as much of a problem the only time they attempt to stop it is on major holidays when they are pulling in more cash
You claim patrolling and towing don't exist because you have never observed these actions. That you may have seen one of both occur without comprehending was was going on notwithstanding, you not noticing is zero proof that these things do not occur.

I'm surprised that anyone would "know" Disney doesn't patrol/tow, but he so observant as to know the general geographic source of visitors using resort parking lots.

this thread was started by an on-site visitor - not a local.

Those lots have a lot of local cars staying there everyday who aren't paying anything and nothing happens to them, if it did they wouldn't park there. So I can totally see someone who is now paying a daily parking fee doing the same

So, if others are jerks, it justifies me doing the same mentality?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter